yeah i will definitely give you a hand to make it :)

what do you mean? the high res one? yeah i have it! shall i dropbox it?

I'm enjoying doing this and to be fair your skills deserve all the credit and money, nice of you to offer.

afol1969 is one person I know of on these forums who can make really professional instructions from MLCAD, way much better than I could do :tongue:

It is all about practice. :classic:

I can lend a hand for small things over this week if you need.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

yeah i will definitely give you a hand to make it :)

what do you mean? the high res one? yeah i have it! shall i dropbox it?

Just a couple of pics will do, first at 0:30 under the bonnet, then one at 1:59 top, youtube is grainy. :tongue:

It is all about practice. :classic:

I can lend a hand for small things over this week if you need.

:thumbup:

omg that's awesome dude! :D

tomorrow i'll dropbox the original video man :)

and i'll also check if i have some spare pictures that i didn't edit to put here :)

Edited by piterx

i'll upload some pictures in this post :)

kbpora.jpg

mvgl08.jpg

sorry for finding this one so late!

2n8bm2o.jpg

it would be nice if you can reinforce the rear axle someway because after i shot the video some dirt got into the connectors and the axles holding the wheels tent to dismount

the one above is an early stage obviously...you can see how i changed the axle with the connectors in the back

bhefit.jpg

25g5pbb.jpg

Edited by piterx

@piterx, with those pics its enough to finish or at least get to 95%, should I try to add in lego shocks instead of springs then its all standard parts.

Something I meant to ask before, which set are the wheels and green parts from?

:thumbup:

unfortunately you can't add the lego shocks because i dont think they will fit in :P but on ldraw there's the spring alone so i can add it :)

i don't know what set the wheels belong to

the green parts are from the tow truck of this summer

i could have made the body better than that but i wanted to use only green pieces xD

ah the rear shock absorber is like the one i posted alone...the chassis picture is an early stage :P

Edited by piterx

Lego partfinder thing has grey hubs but no tires, there are loads of white hubs and tyres and bricklink, I'm not sure how hard it is to take a shock apart for the spring but people could always buy cheap ones from bricklink and break them, breaking parts is sacrilege to some people. :laugh:

This part has me stumped, cant tell what it is and does it connect to front lights and grill to the bumper?

Lego partfinder thing has grey hubs but no tires, there are loads of white hubs and tyres and bricklink, I'm not sure how hard it is to take a shock apart for the spring but people could always buy cheap ones from bricklink and break them, breaking parts is sacrilege to some people. :laugh:

This part has me stumped, cant tell what it is and does it connect to front lights and grill to the bumper?

if im not wrong, those are 3x0.5 stud liftarms wich are connected by two connectors to the second hole of the small panel

man this is awesome :)

it makes me really proud that you enjoied making it!

now you should build it for real maybe eheh

tomorrow im gonna convert the file into LDRAW so i can add the motors and check everything

i really thank you for making this...

my offer for the instruction thing is still valid :)

ps: i was wondering...

as its elctric components are quite expensive, shall i make a normal one with fake engine and hog steering?

Edited by piterx

Any chance we will see this on Rebrickable? :) I'd love to build it!

Also, a non-pf version would be fantastic too

man this is awesome :)

it makes me really proud that you enjoied making it!

now you should build it for real maybe eheh

tomorrow im gonna convert the file into LDRAW so i can add the motors and check everything

ps: i was wondering...

as its elctric components are quite expensive, shall i make a normal one with fake engine and hog steering?

It was very interesting to see how you got so much into a small space and I'll use the LDD to make a parts list on rebrickable to see if I have enough parts for a build, a non pf version sounds good to me and I'm sure there will be interest.

I always liked your Fiesta Drifting Car maybe I could do that at some time if thats ok. :sweet:

of course you could do it :P

that's probably more interesting than the panda mainly for the weight distribution

and it's really funny to drive as well eheh

[...]

[...]

Watch out with converting to LDraw! Parts can dissappear or can be placed wrong. That is especially annoying for Technic models.

When I make an LDraw file from an LDD file, most of the time I just rebuild it to avoid any errors (and it's more enjoyable too :grin: ).

After looking again at the LDD, it might be easier to serperate body, chassis, bonnet, doors then convert seperatly and do part counts to make sure nothing got lost.

Only piterx knows how all the insides fit together properly and hopefully its not too much work to finish.

yeah man i will make it on monday i guess...maybe tomorrow too!

i think it will need just a few tweaks because it is almost perfect :)

I'll get some wheels, cv joints, steering rack on order soon, most of the rest I have from other sets.

My friend had a fwd fiat panda some years ago and people made fun of the seats but that car ran forever and a day.

Someone has made some quite good looking PF parts for LDD with existing bricks.

servo.png

They could be used instead of having to use ldraw.

Someone has made some quite good looking PF parts for LDD with existing bricks.

servo.png

They could be used instead of having to use ldraw.

Cool stuff. Where did you get those from?

It was on youtube, below the vid is a link to a ldd file, there are loads of parts in it, its like a quick reference thing so you can quickly get the parts you need.

Edited by JM1971