Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

(SoNE) Time off-duty

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

What do troopers do off-duty after a bit of rest? Let me show you:

After a bit of rest, I got a bit bored of doing nothing in my quarters. So, I went down to the abandoned hanger used by stormtroopers as a off-duty area:

9499990887_a7b571db15_z.jpg

1/4 scored free builds, wasn't sure weather to post this or not, but thought I might as well get some XP points for it.

Very cool MOC. Clever use of blue round plates for soapy water. Are those two stormtroopers using jetpacks? I'd like to see more closeups of the detailing greebles on the walls.

Thanks, yep jetpacks indeed, all the discarded Imperial material got put down there, until two troopers on patrol found it, and I would post closeups of the greebles, but this build has already been disassembled for my SoNE Ep.1 entry...

Edited by Legofin2012

Thank you, don't worry, the officers already found out, but decide to let them carry on on the condition that they sent down a camera droid to watch over them ;)

I like the color scheme; I like how you worked the yellows and blues in there to brighten things up, and I like the greebling applied to the far ends of the walls. :thumbup: I also like the texture that's been added with the SNOTed cheese slopes down the middle of the floor, and I kind of wish that you'd continued adding subtle bits of texture like that along the walls. Compared to the floors and the end greebled walls, the other walls seem a little plain and basic.

The build is nice, especially the floor and the back walls - if we skip the too much yellowed gray bricks in the floor. But somehow I must admit that this does not feel enough Star Warish and is more like for fun. I've never seen any stormtroopers have free time yet alone play during it. And the pink iPhone ... is just a bit too much. But from the fun angle of view, I relly like the cleaning stormie keeping the helmet on :laugh:

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Thank you all for the comments, the cheese slopes down the middle where the only way to get the smallest gap between the two SNOTed pieces, and tiling down the middle left to much of a gap. Greebeling down the sides would improve it for sure, and the yellowed bricks are there because the SNOTed floor used all my thin light gray bricks, so I had to use older bricks, but I guess it gives the on-duty stormtrooper something to clean :wink: . And I do also admit this was quite fun to place all the off-duty storm/snowtroopers, although at first there was meant to be some kind of vessel in the hangar, but just couldn't think of one...

I think that if you surrounded the yellowed bricks with some yellowed plates to round them off (Like anti-aliasing), you could make them look more like dirty spots. I like the technique of using them as such; I remember someone used it to great effect in an entry to a Reasonably Clever contest a couple years ago -- you just need to have an idea of how the yellowed bricks should be arranged to be realistic.