Itaria No Shintaku

How many minifigures?

Hello, I am creating an huge battlefield scenario for a fantasy battle "Chaos vs Order" or "Dark vs Light" or whatever.

I have collected over 1500 minifigures, and the scenario should be 96 x 288 studs (a little stretched, but I have limits for an existing MOC I have to blend with).

Apart from the obvious conception that "the more the number, the more the effect", I thought that there are groups of numbers in which the awe and interest of the viewer can be the same.

I mean, 50 or 100 are really a different deal, but 300 or 400 I don't think that makes that difference.

So just asking, what are your personal thoughts about this stuff?

Thanks!

Well, In a historic point of view I would say, the more the merry !!

I see stuff around that I think : "Well, this could use a couple more figs ... just add 200 more and you're set !! "

grtz Saint

The two worst things about large numbers of minifigs at once are:

1. Cramming them in. Putting them too close together looks weird, so make sure they're spread out enough to look natural.
  2. All in the same position. I know this isn't to do with a number, but it looks rather poor if the minifigs are all in the same position.

1,500 minifigs though! Looking forward to seeing this!

I'm definitely not a fan of minifigs :tongue:. They're way too expensive, compared to bricks, but if I already had them, then I'd also use them :thumbup:. You have already 1'500, use them! (I don't even have 200)

I'm in the same boat as Buurli, but I'd love to see a MOC with 1500 minifigs. I'd just make sure to detail the ground and not just focus on the figs. :classic:

It depends on the size of your MOC. I figure the largest size I'm ever likely to make would be 96x96 studs. So an army of 100 figs is more than enough. Say each MF requires an average of 4x4 studs to pose = about 20% of the surface area of a 96x96 MOC. That sounds about right: You've got to have some room for buildings and landscape. I'm also of the opinion that a few well posed minifigs, each doing something unique, are more interesting to look at than massed ranks of identically posed figs.

At first when I saw the subject I thought, "How many minifigures does it take to screw on a lightbulb?" I don't know why... :look:

I would say you should build whatever size moc you feel you can make look good, and then see how many minfigures you can pose well in it.