Brainbox

Transformers

The new iterations of Brawn, Cosmos, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee look pretty good. My only gripe is that Hasbro should hae put forth that little extra effort and given them elbows so they're not in zombie mode all the time.

The deluxe cars look great...I usually don't buy more than one of any mold, but Sideswipe and Smokescreen look great. Hound looks remarkable...I think he's my most anticipated T-former this year, along with Ravage. I wish the rest of the cassette characters would receive modernized versions, both Autobot and Decepticon.

Edited by M'Kyuun

It appears the next crossovers line appears to be disney!?!

MickeyMouseTransformer.jpg

Here's hoping to a Gaston Tank transformer.

Oh... oh god.

First Lego. Then Squaresoft. Now Transformers.

The BASTARDS. I swear, if I ever gained some like, cosmic kind of wishing power, the first thing I'd do is destroy the Illuminati before they began... THEN second it'd be Disney's megablocks.

Ugh. Man...

I think he's my most anticipated T-former this year, along with Ravage. I wish the rest of the cassette characters would receive modernized versions, both Autobot and Decepticon.

Yeeeeeah, dude. Especially the 4 cassette combiners, who all got hit SUPER-HARD with an uglystick.

Trust me, these toys ARE in fact worse in person:

SLAMDANCE

DECIBEL and LEGOUT

SQUAWKBOX

Yeeeeeah, dude. Especially the 4 cassette combiners, who all got hit SUPER-HARD with an uglystick.

SLAMDANCE

DECIBEL and LEGOUT

SQUAWKBOX

Hey, I liked the idea of combining cassettes, and I felt only Slamdance and SqualkBox's beast modes were done fairly well, but they don't need redoing as much as RIBFIR :laugh:

Oh... oh god.

First Lego. Then Squaresoft. Now Transformers.

The BASTARDS. I swear, if I ever gained some like, cosmic kind of wishing power, the first thing I'd do is destroy the Illuminati before they began... THEN second it'd be Disney's megablocks.

Ugh. Man...

SLAMDANCE

DECIBEL and LEGOUT

SQUAWKBOX

First, I'm with you 100% about Disney, but whatever. Like anything else, if I don't like it, I don't buy it.

About the cassettes, I have Beastbox, Squalktalk, Grandslam, and Raindance. Terrible, terrible names. The vehicle modes were passable, but still not very good for SlamDance, and the combined mode was crap. Beastbox I really like...just a neat gorilla mode; Squalktalk is ok; again, their combined form is crap. However, given what's been done with Ravage, I think a modern version could be done with better aesthetics. As for the pics of all the dino cassettes, i always wanted to get them...my friend had the stego and T-Rex; they were ok...I like the cassettes more b/c they were really small T-formers that usually featured a decent amount of articulation for their size, and I dig them for that reason. That raptor cassette, while a bit gangly and a little ugly, still looks pretty cool to me; the brontosaur, not so much. If they could remake all of these and make them look like their box art, then that'd be remarkable, and I'd scoop em all up. I'm not really a huge fan of combiners, anyways, b/c too many sacrifices are usually made to them in their bot or alt modes to achieve what ends up to be an ugly combined robot with limited poseability. If they did remake these, I'd hope the focus would be on them just turning into decent looking bots/animals/vehicles.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I picked up TFA Grimlock half price in Tesco yesterday. The gaping hole at the front aside, he's a really cool figure. The transformation scheme is eerily similar to the G1 one, which is a good thing, and I rather like the 'opening mouth' mechanism. It's also a pity the flame sword doesn't have somewhere to go in Dino mode, but hey-ho. Plus he was half price.

I also managed to impress my mates yesterday with "Unicron? Oh, he transforms into a planet". :laugh:

Blitzwings plane mode is awful, it just falls apart. Good job his tank is great! Also got Prowl, very posable but the fact he is a bike weirds me out. Great Shurnkiens as well.

Also BB what channel is Animated on, if any?

Horray this topic is back! :cry_happy: I got City Commander for Christmas and it is really High quality, much better than i expected. Also does anyone know when the Energon combiners are gonna be released? I want to pick up the superion one up soon because I already have the Bruticus one already.

Blitzwings plane mode is awful, it just falls apart. Good job his tank is great! Also got Prowl, very posable but the fact he is a bike weirds me out. Great Shurnkiens as well.

Also BB what channel is Animated on, if any?

It's exclusively on Cartoon Network, at least in the US, since they produce it.

Blitzwing makes me think the alt modes were designed around bot. The fighter mode could have been much better, esp if the lower legs/treads would have been narrowed slightly and turned laterally. I generally keep him in bot mode..I like how he looks.

I finally got my hands on Hound and Cyclonus today, and I'm very happy with both. Hound is fantastic in both modes. Cyclonus looks great; my one and only gripe is that his biceps don't swivel, so the entire arm has to be rotated so that his arm can move laterally. Both have good transformations that are unique, but not difficult. Ravage looks good in jaguar mode, and vaguely like a cassette in alt. Still, the 3D ravage is something i've always wanted, and i'm happy with the results overall.The universe line has been hit and miss for me, but these two are definitely hits. Highly reccommended.

Teaser poster for "TF2 Revenge of the Fallen" is out.

tfrotf_official.jpg

I likey! :thumbup::classic:

Edited by 5150 Lego

This sunday the 1rst, during the superbowl there going to air the teaser trailer for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen" .

I believe there also going to air the trailer for the new "GI Joe" movie as well.

Looks like more of the same; I'm not really a big fan of the first, for various reasons. I'm hoping the tone of this movie is darker, that the bots are more fleshed out as actual characters, that Sam's role is diminished greatly, that Sector 7 no longer exists, that the Autobot/Decepticon war is the movie's primary focus, that there are no more urinating robot scenes, and that the Decepticons are more than just cannon fodder.

The Constructicon featured looks odd as a unicycle. I believe his toy has legs, IIRC.

Looks like more of the same; I'm not really a big fan of the first, for various reasons. I'm hoping the tone of this movie is darker, that the bots are more fleshed out as actual characters, that Sam's role is diminished greatly, that Sector 7 no longer exists, that the Autobot/Decepticon war is the movie's primary focus, that there are no more urinating robot scenes, and that the Decepticons are more than just cannon fodder.

The Constructicon featured looks odd as a unicycle. I believe his toy has legs, IIRC.

I think alot of your concerns are going to be addressed in this new movie. From the little that has been leaked, or confirmed it seems that the bots (both decepticons and autobots) will get more alot more air time. At the end of the last movie it was said that sector 7 was to be no more. The one thing i doubt though, is that you'll see less of sam and michaela. There main characters so i'm sure that they (espeacaily sam) will have a preety dominant role.

I'm really liking what i'm seeing so far. That constructicon looks great! Really different.

Honestly I've been more psyched for the new season of Animated lately, but that trailer is looking... pretty hot. (ZOMG, Ravage. :wub:) If nothing else, hopefully it'll be an enjoyable movie like the last one.

All I hope for is more bot action. (especially if it's going to be as long as the first one.) I know they were getting the whole thing set up, but it just took way too long to get to the whole Transformers thing. I also wanna see more personality from the bots. I mean in the last one all I really saw anything out of was Prime, Bumblebee and Frenzy (lol). Jazz was just a walking stereotype, Ironhide and Ratchet just kinda hung out in the background, and all the other Decepitcons were just... "Grr, I is Evil". Hopefully with The Fallen coming into play there'll be more insight on the faction in general.

But since it's a Bay flick, I'll just settle for some giant robots, and explosions.

Michael plot whats that butcher Bay should be Jigsaws next victim, this will be like the first one and a disgrace to everything every real fan stands for.

Bay making a transformers movie is like George Bush talking business ethics, like getting a facial from a leper.

They should stop wasting money on rubbish movies and crap actors (Shia Laboofhead, hello he is so stiff he makes Harrison Ford look good) and remaster the G1 and G2 onto blu-ray, and the beast wars.

Michael plot whats that butcher Bay should be Jigsaws next victim, this will be like the first one and a disgrace to everything every real fan stands for.

Bay making a transformers movie is like George Bush talking business ethics, like getting a facial from a leper.

They should stop wasting money on rubbish movies and crap actors (Shia Laboofhead, hello he is so stiff he makes Harrison Ford look good) and remaster the G1 and G2 onto blu-ray, and the beast wars.

And what exactly is a "real fan"? So its not possible for someone to like the movies and not be a "real fan"? :hmpf_bad: By the sound of your post, it doesn't matter who makes Transformers into a movie. Unless its an exact G1 remake you'll never be happy.

Well no real fan would enjoy a movie with no plot, no story arc, no character dev, just mindless pretty colours.

Id love a good remake, prefer cgi, but it would have to be done properly by someone who knows how to write and make a movie, Michael plot whats that butcher Bay is so bad he makes Uwe Ball look decent.

And then at least keep to the premise, not rubbish like frenzy that stupid thing, and have frenzy beheaded and live, but another one die, or them coming to earth by them self, and all being yank tank redneck mobiles, and being able to change how they look, and have people who cant act, or a massive plug for ebay, i mean the only thing they got right was the names.

Well no real fan would enjoy a movie with no plot, no story arc, no character dev, just mindless pretty colours.

Id love a good remake, prefer cgi, but it would have to be done properly by someone who knows how to write and make a movie, Michael plot whats that butcher Bay is so bad he makes Uwe Ball look decent.

And then at least keep to the premise, not rubbish like frenzy that stupid thing, and have frenzy beheaded and live, but another one die, or them coming to earth by them self, and all being yank tank redneck mobiles, and being able to change how they look, and have people who cant act, or a massive plug for ebay, i mean the only thing they got right was the names.

Well, i'm not going to try and defend the movie, cause you obviously have a set opinion on the first movie and i'm sure nothing i say would change that. Thats you opinion so i can't really say its wrong for you not to like the move, but i will say that its wrong to say that a real fan can't enjoy the movie versions. There were quite a few "Hard core" fans that enjoyed it. For the first movie renderition, i felt Bay and company did a great job. Its not going to be everything you invisioned the first time out.

Also, one thing you really need to remember is that this is a movie about giant transforming robots from outerspace. That alone doesn't exactly present an academy awarding winning script. A movie like this is made to entertain. Not make you cry and think. As far as G1 TF's, lets be honest. Those had to be some of the most corny and non thought out stories 80's cartoons had to offer. So its kinda hard to expect some masterfull script when the series its based on wasn't (script wise) all that great. I dunno. I guess as a kid i really didn't expect much. But thats ok. The action and kick megablocks transforming sound made up for it!

Anyways, although it was just a short clip, i'm liking what i've seen so far. I think alot of the complaints people had about the first one will be addressed this time around now that Bay and company had some feed back.

The real movie was great, it had everything a good movie should have, bays movie had nothing but pretty colours to sucker in kids with adhd and pot smokers.

I mean, look who was in it, Nimoy, Idle, Welker, Orson Wells, who did bay have, shia laboofhead who couldnt act to save his life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/fullcredits#cast

And what exactly did it have that every good movie should have? Don't get me wrong, i liked the original movie, but it wasn't anything ground breaking or anything. As for the voices... Well, those were just voices. Not acting. But they were good. But thats about it. Shia did a great job. Your to blinded by your hate for bay to see that.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Story, character dev, good actors, action, everything a good movie should have.

No Shia is just rubbish full stop.

So basicly everything the bay movie had. (with exeption of the character development of the decepticons)

DarthSion, Being a fan of transformers and my brother being a fan of transformers, both having liked the movie and the originals, I would say that the "true fan" can look past who is directing it, look at the interest it has generated in the theme, and enjoy the benefits of it happening. No offense, but if they had made it like you want, do you think there would be a sequel to it?

You do not sound like so much of a fan but a critic.