Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Am I the only one thinking this is far to less for a 300+ $ set?? :(

From just that view, yes. But there is most likely more than meets the eye.

This is going to be hard to pass up, I always liked the sandcrawler.

I wonder what that is sitting inside the cargo hold.

Edited by Lego dad

Wow the Sandcrawler looks great, the new Owen figure is great but the new Jawas definetely need capes IMO. What really interest me is the inner build and the droids if they include any (which I'm certain they'll include)

I hope we get information on the Millennium Falcon soon. I have no Millennium Falcons at all as of yet, and I still need to get one. If no information comes up soon, then I'll be dammed. If I skip the 2011 set, it's a gamble on whether or not we'll see a new one. And if I buy the 2011 version, and we do get a new Millennium Falcon, then I'll have no money left to buy a new one. Money is tight and since I still have 3 years of Lego to catch up on (mostly licensed and action themes), then I'm not sure I want to waste any money or risk a set for the possibility of a newer, better version getting released later on.

Edited by Freddy Bricker

I love the new Sandcrawler and hope we will get something else as well for the price! ;) And the Jawas need capes!

I'm blown away by this Sandcrawler. It is definitely much of an improvement from the original. I don't have the budget for this, but if I could find some way to get it, I would. The jawas look good, but Owen Lars looks GREAT! Not to mention the hoversled vehicle. Also, plate construction looks ways better than bricks. I cannot wait to see more of the set, and official images. Is this going to be released for the May the 4th promotion?

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Looks like a May release- you can see the top of an 'M' with 2014 next to it at the bottom. If it said March, you would see the top of the 'h'.

Looks like a May release- you can see the top of an 'M' with 2014 next to it at the bottom. If it said March, you would see the top of the 'h'.

Wrong, it simply says Year 2014, as it is from a page of the new LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary updated & expanded edition. What you see is the top of an Y.

Edited by willybob

I assume it falls in the usual two UCS (May and September) routine we've seen for a while from Star Wars (X Wing and Ewok in 2013 and so on).

Can't wait - sold the old sandcrawler to free up space. The design really shows up the original...

On another topic, Didn't notice the jawas weren't wearing capes but I don't think they did in the film?

The Sandcrawler looks amazing- a great improvement over the 2005 version. I was always bothered by the fact it didn't use plates instead of bricks, so I'm happy to see that change. And no stickered windows! I do hope it comes with more than just the vehicle, like part of the homestead. I noticed the photo is only one page, so maybe the opposite page will show more.

I think there is a high possibility of the homestead now judging by the missing figs(r2 c3po and Luke are a given) this could easily be half the cover pic it also would account for what seems to be less parts than expected for 350$ even for. A Star Wars set

Brickshop.nl lists the sandcrawler as available oct 1st 2014

I looked back in the topic and found that this wasn't posted about yet, but correct me if I am wrong. There are now official images of The Ghost and it's box.

LEGO Star Wars Rebels The Ghost (75053)

I really like it.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

This year's lineup has been great, but the Sandcrawler is disappointing. It's better than Lego's previous version, but compared with the CUUSOO winner and the rumored $300+ price point I had hoped for a lot more.

House-of-plates construction never looks as good or holds together as well as bricks.

http://www.geeky-gad...Sandcrawler.jpg

I'm wondering if Lego was concerned about having too many high-priced sets and scaled back on this one. It's a safe bet this plate-based construction is less expensive than the brick built style in CUUSOO.

For me, I'd prefer to pay more to get a more complete looking design.

Are we sure that $300 price rumor was USD? Because just looking at that pic I could easily see that as a $180 set baring any off the wall features like Power Functions.

I think there is a high possibility of the homestead now judging by the missing figs(r2 c3po and Luke are a given) this could easily be half the cover pic it also would account for what seems to be less parts than expected for 350$ even for. A Star Wars set

If you look at the sticker on the control panel in the cockpit it is an image of the homestead so we could possibly get it too. I am just so glad that its a minifigure scale sandcrawler than a USC so that i can use it in my diaroma. The plates works great because it gives it that rugger weathered look.

The Sandcrawler looks amazing- a great improvement over the 2005 version. I was always bothered by the fact it didn't use plates instead of bricks, so I'm happy to see that change. And no stickered windows! I do hope it comes with more than just the vehicle, like part of the homestead. I noticed the photo is only one page, so maybe the opposite page will show more.

I guess we will have to wait another week for the supposed unveiling of it at Brick Cascade!

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-75059-sandcrawler-to-be-revealed-at-brick-cascade/

If you look at the sticker on the control panel in the cockpit it is an image of the homestead so we could possibly get it too. I am just so glad that its a minifigure scale sandcrawler than a USC so that i can use it in my diaroma. The plates works great because it gives it that rugger weathered look.

My Ucs sandcrawler is minifig scaled, you mean system scaled?

Edited by cavegod

My Ucs sandcrawler is minifig scaled, you mean system scaled?

Yes I got them mixed up.

Brickshop.nl lists the sandcrawler as available oct 1st 2014

October is probably when it will be sold at retailers other than Lego. Which makes sense if it's released on May 4th.

Hopefully the sandcrawler will come with different aliens to go with the Cantina that would be great.It seems a slave 1 is the other confirmed UCS.

I hope we get information on the Millennium Falcon soon. I have no Millennium Falcons at all as of yet, and I still need to get one. If no information comes up soon, then I'll be dammed. If I skip the 2011 set, it's a gamble on whether or not we'll see a new one. And if I buy the 2011 version, and we do get a new Millennium Falcon, then I'll have no money left to buy a new one. Money is tight and since I still have 3 years of Lego to catch up on (mostly licensed and action themes), then I'm not sure I want to waste any money or risk a set for the possibility of a newer, better version getting released later on.

I've seen the millenium falcon 2011 edition hit as low as 103 dollars US. Why not just buy it when it goes on sale? I bought 2 at that price.