Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm a little sick of everyone bashing the prequel trilogy. They are utterly mind-blowingly fantastic films. And no, I'm not joking. They're a fantastic trilogy and tragedy (I'm not misspelling any words). The way Palpatine manipulates anakin is so cool, and there's so many awesome action sequences. As awesome as the original trilogy is, I think the prequels surpass episodes IV-VI. This thread proves there isn't too much CGI in the prequel trilogy, except for maybe the clones http://boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/ Anyway, that's why I'm a little disappointed with how there most likely will never be a UCS podracer set, or at-te, or eta-2 class interceptors, or geonosian battle arena with the three monsters, or Slave I Jango version, or a venator. But still, this wave looks cool.

Lol! It's universally agreed that Episodes I-III fall far behind the original trilogy in quality, logic and entertainment value. Just ask Mr Plinkett :) Check out the RedLetterMedia reviews for a perfect review of the atrocious prequels.

http://boards.thefor...s-etc.50017310/ If you think the prequels had too much CGI, check that thread. And besides, although I never really payed enough attention (what with my abnormaly short attention span), I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed by people who understood the films that the way Palpatine manipulated the senate was awesome. And Anakin turning to the dark side is so moving.

I'm not going to debate you in this thread. In my opinion, your whole justification lost all credibility when you said PT was better than OT. To each his own, though, and our opinions are just that. I don't mind PT in the least. My problem is with LEGO sets made from other series such as TCW and EU.

Alright, enough with the debate. As Brickdoctor said, this is not a thread for debating OT vs PT vs CW. I for one would not like to get in trouble by telling you guys I like it all...

As for that new Yoda Chronicles set...is that a new Jek? I laid down $70 for his ship so I could have him...

Alright, enough with the debate. As Brickdoctor said, this is not a thread for debating OT vs PT vs CW. I for one would not like to get in trouble by telling you guys I like it all...

As for that new Yoda Chronicles set...is that a new Jek? I laid down $70 for his ship so I could have him...

Sorry, didn't see your reply, I'll stop the debate. :)

Edited by OBI-WAN37

http://boards.thefor...s-etc.50017310/ If you think the prequels had too much CGI, check that thread. And besides, although I never really payed enough attention (what with my abnormaly short attention span), I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed by people who understood the films that the way Palpatine manipulated the senate was awesome. And Anakin turning to the dark side is so moving.

Well this is board is about Star Wars. The opt comparison is between OT and PT. I have no doubt there are movies that recently have more cgi than PT. But they are not trilogies that have been around 30+ years nor have the fan base that OT has. Not to mention the fact that people like myself grew up watching and playing Star Wars and still enjoy it today.

When you compare OT and PT they are very different. PT looks like a cgi nightmare in comparison to a very well established trilogy. When you compare story telling and character development OT once again comes out well ahead. Lucas himself said he wished he could have done more special effects for OT, but since he could not he spend more time on the story and characters. And the movies show it just as PT shows his obsession with cgi won over his ability to tell a story.

People take it very personal because for many it represents a great deal of their childhood.

Well this is board is about Star Wars. The opt comparison is between OT and PT. I have no doubt there are movies that recently have more cgi than PT. But they are not trilogies that have been around 30+ years nor have the fan base that OT has. Not to mention the fact that people like myself grew up watching and playing Star Wars and still enjoy it today.

When you compare OT and PT they are very different. PT looks like a cgi nightmare in comparison to a very well established trilogy. When you compare story telling and character development OT once again comes out well ahead. Lucas himself said he wished he could have done more special effects for OT, but since he could not he spend more time on the story and characters. And the movies show it just as PT shows his obsession with cgi won over his ability to tell a story.

People take it very personal because for many it represents a great deal of their childhood.

I can understand what you're saying about why people take it personally. However, the storyline was fantastic. Anakin's turn to the dark side is truly moving, and a lot of people who understood the story of the prequels think that Palpatine's manipulation of the senate was great story-telling, although I can't say I know myself, I have an abnormally short attention span, however if I were to take a guess I'd say I'm pretty sure that those people are right. So in my opinion (and I do know that that's all it is, an opinion, just like everyone else's), the story was even better than the OT. As for the acting, I didn't really mind that at all. It was good enough, and the other positive things that there were in the movies far outweigh that small negative aspect.

ANYWAYS, back to talking about 2014 releases and rumors... :hmpf_bad:

I don't think there's anyway the Luke figure in the book is going to be a special Episode VII preview figure. Rumors are that the script isn't even 100% done, nor has pre-production really gotten started yet. Kind of hard to make a figure off a costume that hasn't even been created yet. :tongue:

Enough!

Stop the OT/PT/CW debate, and in the case of OBI-WAN37, don't post the same thing multiple times into multiple topics. (In this case, this topic, then twice in the Star Wars topic in Culture and Multimedia, then back here even though you'd already started the same discussion somewhere else and it had already been pointed out to you that the discussion didn't belong here.)

Everyone's already been told more than enough times what does and doesn't belong in this topic.

Well I will try to make the OT PT debate relevant. It terms of the sets for the coming year do people think that they might reflect what we will see in episode vii?

I guess the really question is how much of OT and PT will we see in episode vii? Which craft will still around and would it be advantageous to feature such vehicles before launching into the next trilogy?

Obviously there are those who are passionate about either trilogy, will that be taken into,account? In terms of people it's going to have a greater impact due,to time. But there would be locations and such that could very well still exist. Will cloning still be going on? Will the look and feel of episode vii reflect OT, PT or will it be a blend of both?

Well I will try to make the OT PT debate relevant.[...]

I appreciate the intention, but your post isn't on-topic, either. You're now discussing the content of Episode VII and what you think we'll see in Episode VII. If that was about sets, then it belongs in Future Star Wars Sets, if it was about minifigs, then it belongs in Most Wanted Star Wars Characters, and if it's just about content in the movie, then it belongs in the topic in Culture and Multimedia.

Am I the only one who hopes that the Luke in the Cantina set will have dark tan hair? It makes sense for LEGO to give Luke the same hair colour for each film, even if he has different styles (2011 longer style for ANH, classic LEGO hair for ESB and ROTJ make the most sense to me).

Which long hair are you talking about? I hope it's not this one:

103210067-260x260-0-0_Lego%2BLego%2BStar%2BWars%2BLuke%2BSkywalker%2BMinifigure%2B8092.jpg

This one is the ugliest hair in the world. I've always avoided sets with it (especially on Luke).

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum and am excited to be here. I have a question for you all. I have heard rumors about a UCS Slave I and a UCS Sandcrawler that will be released this year. Unfortunately I have not heard much else, such as prices, pieces, and timeframes for the releases.

Can anyone help me out with more info on this? Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any help!

I appreciate the intention, but your post isn't on-topic, either. You're now discussing the content of Episode VII and what you think we'll see in Episode VII. If that was about sets, then it belongs in Future Star Wars Sets, if it was about minifigs, then it belongs in Most Wanted Star Wars Characters, and if it's just about content in the movie, then it belongs in the topic in Culture and Multimedia.

Well my intention was to tie it to sets we will be getting later this year. In terms of why we are getting these exact sets now. Obviously there is a strategy, but,does that strategy link to future events? Maybe no one cares, lol.

Well my intention was to tie it to sets we will be getting later this year. In terms of why we are getting these exact sets now. Obviously there is a strategy, but,does that strategy link to future events? Maybe no one cares, lol.

Dude, you're going at it with BRICKDOCTOR! Maybe you should accept the fact you were off topic.

Which long hair are you talking about? I hope it's not this one:

103210067-260x260-0-0_Lego%2BLego%2BStar%2BWars%2BLuke%2BSkywalker%2BMinifigure%2B8092.jpg

This one is the ugliest hair in the world. I've always avoided sets with it (especially on Luke).

I like this hair. I have this fig. It's not all that bad. But again, my only Luke has this hair. But, I still look forward to seeing what other sets/UCS/Microfighters we're getting this summer. I'm planning to collect most of the sets from this and last year.

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum and am excited to be here. I have a question for you all. I have heard rumors about a UCS Slave I and a UCS Sandcrawler that will be released this year. Unfortunately I have not heard much else, such as prices, pieces, and timeframes for the releases.

Can anyone help me out with more info on this? Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any help!

I have been following this thread for about 100 pages now, jackstar99, and I can tell you that the community does not know any specifics about these supposed sets. The "tangible" evidence is that after 10,000 supporters for a UCS sand crawler on Cusoo, LEGO denied it's production, implying they want to make the set themselves. But we will let you know as soon as we find something ;)

Edited by Republican

To wake up an old thought, why should the new Snowtroopers have separate backpacks/helmets? They're good as is. I'm not sure they really need any update. And has the Sandcrawler disappeared? The Death Star must have gotten to it :devil:. And why would we get three Biths as opposed to two? Why do we need ten figs in the cantina? I'm thinking: Greedo,Han,Luke,Obi-Wan,Pondo Babba,Two bith, Wuher,Sand Trooper.

Edited by korpen4444

Another question is since the winter wave has been pushed back is than effecting the rest of the years release?

probably not. The LEGO MOVIE will have had its time by then. That's why we have a delay.

But then you're either discussing what new sets we might get based on new Star Wars content, which would belong in Future Star Wars Sets, or what new Star Wars content we might see based on new sets, which would belong in the Star Wars topic in Culture and Multimedia. Bottom line: if it isn't directly about confirmed sets or rumored sets with a source for 2014, then it doesn't belong here.

And again, I appreciate the intention, but there's no need to try to tie an off-topic discussion in to the on-topic discussion. It was off-topic, and so it was asked that it be stopped. Best just to leave it at that and get right back to what actually is on-topic.

Ok so I have an on topic question. Is there a thread (if this isn't it) that covers confirmed sets that will be released this year? Do we know of any?

Hello people :)

I have been modifying the images i had from the Cantina.I have tried to increase the quality and changing the size.At last,I put both together,like They must be in the catalog.The result:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/839/0wom.jpg

This makes me think about we are getting three bith musicians,even the colour it´s not the same.I blame that on the different quality and luminosity of the photos.What do you think?

Edited by Rick
Please don't embed preliminary pictures

What do you think?

Hi

first of all, thanks for coming back on-topic with something "new". I think our "topic-nanny" Brickdoctor is pretty bored about some peoples behaviour ;)

You did for second a great job on the images, Now i can see the cantine a basically a 20x20 square building that can be opened by hinges and contains of 3 parts: the 10x10 room where the droids sipposed to hide. the 20x10 "hanshootsfirst lounge" and the 10 wide entrance "wall" on the very left with bar-table.

I dont think the colors of the THREE musicians differ. This would be a real surprise if Lego gives us three of them at the same time,

I see too standing someone with "dark-tan" head or faceprinting behind the bar standing.

DoesLego count the Dewback as Minifigure? Then there are mor than 8: Luke, Han, Obi, a Sandtrooper, the Dewback, three Bith, a barman. At least this set willnot include any Chewie or Greedo.

Dino

Greedo is definitely there, right next to Han with a blaster in his hand.

Too me it looks more like a typical Lego "jar" behind the bar, transparent red 1x1 with a 1x1 round gold tile on top.