Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Okay LEGO, I'm disappointed.

The DS troopers BP will be a get for me since I have no Royal Guards.

I want 4 of the Kashyyyk BP.

I'll get the wheelbike since it's a cheap way to get Grievous. Shame it doesn't come with Cody OR a Magna Guard.

I'm digging that BARC Trooper, so I'll pick up that set.

I'm also getting the CTT Micro set for the new Clone Trooper.

Okay,

Battle on Utapau must have a crab droid, 2 security droids, a 212th regular and a 212th Airbourne.

AV-7 must have a clone gunner(at least)

Police Gunship must have 2 Shocks, Wolffe, Ahsoka, and Anakin.

That's all for now.

Vulture Droid

Really like the look of this set. It is a little big, but looks a lot more stable than the last few editions that relied on the battle droid arms. It also looks like it should be fairly easy to switch the colours for a Phantom Menace version. They did a fanstastic job on the new Buzz Droid. Its also nice to get another Nemoidian besides Nute Gunray, although I'm not sure why Lego has named him "Nemoidian Warrior" when its clearly meant to be Lushros Dofine from the Invisible Hand. The actual Nemoidian Warrior is supposed to be this guy from Mustafar.

Jedi Interceptor

Nice new Anakin variant, apparantly a new R2 as well (hopefully with a silver dome) The lack of additional minifigures is a bit disapointing though. The Jedi Interceptor looks nice but is what was expected to be - a yellow version of the last.

V-Wing

Not the most exciting ship or figures. I'll wait for a sale for this one.

Wheel Bike

The bike looks like a nice improvement over the last. I like that its an actual wheel now and not two transparant dishes. General Grievous and Obi-Wan both look amazing. Too bad it doesn't come with an updated boga or additional characters.

Death Star Troopers

Glad we're finally getting some Death Star Gunners. Not too excited for the Royal Guards. Who needs an army of these guys? The cannon is decent, but useless if you already own the Death Star set.

Kashyyyk Troopers

The Swamp Speeder is pretty crappy, but the minifigures are probably the best of the wave. Looking forward to buying a couple of these. Although Lego seemed to have mixed up the names for the Kashyyyk Trooper and 41st Elite Corps Trooper.

AT-AP

After seeing this new pic, the main pod looks kind of small compared to the legs. Nice to get an idea of what Tarfull looks like from the front though. I can't believe no one took any decent pics of him at Comic Con.

Droid Gunship

Nice improvement over the original, but not enough that its really worth buying a second. With the Kashyyyk Trooper already in the battlepack, Chewbacca is the only figure of interest here. I'll wait to see if he's appearing in the Summer line up before considering this. Its about time Lego updated him though. I think the biggest disapointment here is they missed the opportunity to update Luminara Unduli.

Battle of Saleucami

Kind of boring to be honest. Commander Neyo (aka BARC Trooper) looks good but its hard to get excited for Battle Droids, and I have enough BARC speeders from the Clone Wars line. Should have come with an extra clone or two.

The Micro Fighters look good for kids but not really worth picking up aside from the minifigures. The new Han Solo and Imperial Crew look pretty cool and its nice to see the X-Wing pilots finally get leg printing. Kind of wish he was an actual character though - preferably an updated Luke, Biggs or Wedge. I really hope the other sets will come with Commander Cody, an Airbourne Trooper and Bounty Hunter Ventress.

I also think that the summer £100 set will be the invisible hand, it sort of makes sense really.

I disagree. Who would be the exclusive minifigures?

Dooku is available in the Geonosis Duel

Obi-Wan and Grievous are in the Wheel Bike

Anakin and R2 are in the Jedi Interceptor

Palpatine is in the Tri-Fighter

Lushros Dofine and the Buzz Droid are in the Vulture Droid

Its almost like Lego is trying to avoid making the Invisible Hand by releasing all the necessary characters in other sets. Just like how they included Boba and Jango into random sets this year so the could skip remaking the Slave I.

Edited by wesker

Vulture Droid

Really like the look of this set. It is a little big, but looks a lot more stable than the last few editions that relied on the battle droid arms. It also looks like it should be fairly easy to switch the colours for a Phantom Menace version. They did a fanstastic job on the new Buzz Droid. Its also nice to get another Nemoidian besides Nute Gunray, although I'm not sure why Lego has named him "Nemoidian Warrior" when its clearly meant to be Lushros Dofine from the Invisible Hand.

Jedi Interceptor

Nice new Anakin variant, apparantly a new R2 as well (hopefully with a silver dome) The lack of additional minifigures is a bit disapointing though. The Jedi Interceptor looks nice but is what was expected to be - a yellow version of the last.

V-Wing

Not the most exciting ship or figures. I'll wait for a sale for this one.

Wheel Bike

The bike looks like a nice improvement over the last. I like that its an actual wheel now and not two transparant dishes. General Grievous and Obi-Wan both look amazing. Too bad it doesn't come with an updated boga or additional characters.

Death Star Troopers

Glad we're finally getting some Death Star Gunners. Not too excited for the Royal Guards. Who needs an army of these guys? The cannon is decent, but useless if you already own the Death Star set.

Kashyyyk Troopers

The Swamp Speeder is pretty crappy, but the minifigures are probably the best of the wave. Looking forward to buying a couple of these. Although Lego seemed to have mixed up the names for the Kashyyyk Trooper and 41st Elite Corps Trooper.

AT-AP

After seeing this new pic, the main pod looks kind of small compared to the legs. Nice to get an idea of what Tarfull looks like from the front though. I can't believe no one took any decent pics of him at Comic Con.

Droid Gunship

Nice improvement over the original, but not enough that its really worth buying a second. With the Kashyyyk Trooper already in the battlepack, Chewbacca is the only figure of interest here. I'll wait to see if he's appearing in the Summer line up before considering this. Its about time Lego updated him though. I think the biggest disapointment here is they missed the opportunity to update Luminara Unduli.

Battle of Saleucami

Kind of boring to be honest. Commander Neyo (aka BARC Trooper) looks good but its hard to get excited for Battle Droids, and I have enough BARC speeders from the Clone Wars line. Should have come with an extra clone or two.

The Micro Fighters look good for kids but not really worth picking up aside from the minifigures. The new Han Solo and Imperial Crew look pretty cool and its nice to see the X-Wing pilots finally get leg printing. Kind of wish he was an actual character though - preferably an updated Luke, Biggs or Wedge. I really hope the other sets will come with Commander Cody, an Airbourne Trooper and Bounty Hunter Ventress.

I disagree. Who would be the exclusive minifigures?

Dooku is available in the Geonosis Duel

Obi-Wan and Grievous are in the Wheel Bike

Anakin and R2 are in the Jedi Interceptor

Palpatine is in the Tri-Fighter

Lushros Dofine and the Buzz Droid are in the Vulture Droid

Its almost like Lego is trying to avoid making the Invisible Hand by releasing all the necessary characters in other sets. Just like how they included Boba and Jango into random sets this year so the could skip remaking the Slave I.

I still don't understand why they didn't bring out a Slave 1, it really didn't make any sense at all. :sceptic:

Thanks for the link, it really sheds light on the mini models. I was hoping for a system-scale ISD, but those minis look pretty cool.

I also hope the death star gunners get real helmets. This is on my list.

And the Kashyyyk battle pack looks pretty awesome. Going to get one of those, too. And the AT-PT, that's on the list, too.

And the Kashyyyk battle pack looks pretty awesome. Going to get one of those, too. And the AT-PT, that's on the list, too.

Yeah, I don't think I would be able to get the battle pack without having gree to command them :grin:

It's always difficult to tell from preliminaries, but my first reaction to the majority of the new sets is a underwhelmed 'meh' I can see why they used the AT-AP as the (flagship) of the range, as it doesn't seem to have much competition! Is it me, or does the range look a bit thrown-together at the last minute....?

I was hoping that the Death Star BP might include a couple of Stormtroopers, plus the Officer & Death Star Trooper from 9492...but it's not to be Also, since when did the Royal Guards ever have grey lightsabers, I'm really hoping they're 'place-holders' :look:

Can someone tell me if that is actually Commander Neyo in the Battle on Saleucami set ?

Under the description I think it says BARC trooper, so I guess were not getting a Commander Neyo figure :sad:

But who knows, things might change.

Under the description I think it says BARC trooper, so I guess were not getting a Commander Neyo figure :sad:

But who knows, things might change.

Doesn't he look identical to the other BARC trooper in the movie anyway? I don't get how people can identify him as Commander Neyo when they all look the same.

Edited by khatmorg

Technically it can be Commander Neyo. His armour is identical to the other clones in the 91st Recon Corps.

91st_Recon_Corps.jpg

Yeah now that you mention it i think you're right. But it would be nice if they added an extra clone to balance things out and made one of them Neyo or something.

I guess I meant more that it would be nice if they threw in an extra clone and maybe had only 2 battle droids to balance it out. Just a thought. But yeah you're right there wouldn't be much of a difference :laugh:

Edited by Tyfett

BP: The battle packs look very good, I can't wait for them to be released!

Wheelbike: looks a good upgraded design, shame about the boga though.

Inteceptor: This looks an ok set, I think it will

probably be a similar design to the 2011 model.

V-wing: not much to say here considering we barely see these, I had the last one so hopefully we will see an improvement.

AT-AP: I'm getting ready to construct a massive kasheek battle so this will be a good set for it, for £70.00 it's alot of money so I'm only planning to get one of these.

Droid gunship: I'm not really a fan of droid ships myself, this one looks quite nice with a good design though.

Overall thoughts: Well, it is clear the theme here is ROTS, and the two main areas are the battle of courcant and Kasheek, some of these sets look quite promising and hopefully we will see new uprgaded designs.

Edited by Tariq j

This wave is an interesting, mainly EpIII mish-mash.

The one thing that really sticks out to me is the lack of new Jedi. After the EpII summer wave, where LEGO stuck new Jedi in absolutely everything, now they've done a full switch! I guess it's good for army-building purposes that the Battle of Saleumaci doesn't have Adi Galia, but really that set seems so bare without her. It's just another (this time extremely ugly) BARC and a bunch of battle droids, plus one great clone. Not feeling that.

The Kashyyyk BP is the star in my mind of what we've seen. Those clones are ridiculously awesome. They were the coolest looking design in the movie, and LEGO has nailed them. Even with that horrid Phase II helmet mould, in the pictures at least they look great.

It looks like there is some strange new mouth-piece mould? The art for the DS Gunners seems to show that, and the other characters with mouthpieces also look like they have a 3D piece and not just a printing. If it works with hair and hat pieces, that would be really neat.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the wave.

Doesn't he look identical to the other BARC trooper in the movie anyway? I don't get how people can identify him as Commander Neyo when they all look the same.

The one's that look like Neyo are actually Lieutenants of the 91nd, if I remember well, correct me if I'm wrong. They wear the same armor to protect Neyo so that the enemy would not single him out as the commander and kill hem. But I could be wrong. :tongue:

But in general they are seen as normal clones (private rank) 2 so I guess its up to yourself what you make of it. :tongue:

I still don't understand why they didn't bring out a Slave 1, it really didn't make any sense at all. :sceptic:

An excuse for Lego not to redesign slave I, they put Jango in a small set where he didn't belong and boba in the calender. I can understand why TLG didn't want an invisble hand it was only a year ago they designed malevolence, but actually I wouden't have wanted one, it would have been a cramped set with more technic than interior.

Oh well, at least I won't be spending a lot of money on this wave. :sceptic:

I thought the DS battle pack would be a home run for OT fans regardless of which mix of figures they put in it, but they proved me wrong.

I will now begin saving like mad... Seriously, this is the best Star Wars wave in recent memory. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the Death Star Troopers BP... I was hoping for at least one stormtrooper, and I don't exactly want to army-build Imperial Guards. Hopefully, we'll see a Recruitment Line (love those, by the way) set with a stormtrooper. I'll probably get loads of the Battle Packs and so on, if not a full thirty little Turbo Tanks...

I'm an Episode III fan, and I have a problem.

Only the battle packs of this wave looks appealing. I am pretty sure the set with the new chewe will be $50 or more just to get us to buy it for chewe. Like mentioned previously above I dont think putting imperial guards was a good idea because who whats an army of them? I think they should of included storm troopers instead so that those who buy the ewok village can use this battle pack to accompany the village. The best so far is the kashyyyk troopers. The colour scheme is awesome. I hope Lego produces a lot of this battle pack for stock because i am sure it will be sold out rather quickly.

I will now begin saving like mad... Seriously, this is the best Star Wars wave in recent memory. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the Death Star Troopers BP... I was hoping for at least one stormtrooper, and I don't exactly want to army-build Imperial Guards. Hopefully, we'll see a Recruitment Line (love those, by the way) set with a stormtrooper. I'll probably get loads of the Battle Packs and so on, if not a full thirty little Turbo Tanks...

I'm an Episode III fan, and I have a problem.

I agree with you on this. I have no Guards, but I wish it was just one.

Ep. 3 was the first Star Wars movie I watched, so there's a lot of nostalgia here.

If you look closely at the box of the vulture droid set it says it has 222 pieces, the rest of them don't have the piece count on the box, does anyone know how many pieces the other sets will have, or have they not been confirmed yet?

Some gorgeous figures - those clones are amazing and from an army building perspective the phase 2 with leg printing is great!

Those sets though...dreadful. Uninspired fringe vehicles get uninspired remakes...great...

Hopefully the royal guards have new designs/ leg printing - the old versions are a bit bland.

My Death Star needs a gunner - always seemed off it didn't include them. Do we really need 2, wouldn't a trooper have worked?