just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Maybe they're too fragile? The electro figure has white hands if I remember correctly?

True, but i think lego would at least strengthen the mold

Also, am I the only one who would rather have a minifigure-sized Thing rather than a macrofigure?

Yes, yes you are. :P

I'd love for completely trans characters, but I'm not sure lego would develop a new mould for a few figs would they?

It would benefit two of their evergreen themes, though: Star Wars force ghosts and a whole mess of Superheroes. It's really hard to say if they would do it, but I doubt they'd be losing much money from it.

I thought the white hands on Electro were too much of a contrast, so I swapped them out for light blue hands off the CMF Abominable Snowman. I think they look better with the translucent blue arms.

Yes, yes you are. :P

Hear me out. A minifigure-sized Thing would be much more compatible with a Fantasticar set than a macrofigure.

It would benefit two of their evergreen themes, though: Star Wars force ghosts and a whole mess of Superheroes. It's really hard to say if they would do it, but I doubt they'd be losing much money from it.

I'd absolutely be down with Force ghosts, Human Torch, and Green Lantern done that way!

I'd love a Thing done the same way some figs are being done in the TMNT line, like Leatherhead and Dogpound-- just so you could have him sit down.

That's the only problem with the Big Figs, the lack of leg movement, which I do understand.

Hear me out. A minifigure-sized Thing would be much more compatible with a Fantasticar set than a macrofigure.

I'd absolutely be down with Force ghosts, Human Torch, and Green Lantern done that way!

I guess it would, unless they made the Fantasticar Big-Fig compatible. I'd just rather he be more accurate.

Green Lantern? Like, the actual person Green Lantern? I'd be into some green construct-people, but I think Hal Jordan and John Stewart are better left as opaque.

There's not enough of an incentive for LEGO to develop translucent hands. I really don't see it happening. Besides, the hands are the single part of the minifig that gets the most stress, with all the items clicking in and out of it.

Is there any news about a new DC wave in the summer other then the DUPLO?

No. I wouldn't get my hopes up. :sad:

Since the translucent parts are made of a harder plastic, the connection between two of them is too stiff to hold up to the stresses of moving minifigure parts. That's why, when translucent parts do show up on minifigs, they're connected to opaque parts. Probably the most we could hope for in terms of Invisible Woman or force ghosts and the like would be clear heads, arms, and legs with opaque ABS hips, torsos, and hands.

No. I wouldn't get my hopes up. :sad:

That's disappointing. And considering the pushed release date for Batman/Superman, I'm not sure I would get my hopes up for 2015. The future for LEGO DC doesn't look too bright at the moment... :look:

But the good news is that it doesn't seem like Marvel/DC have to have equal amounts of sets. So if DC flounders, the Marvel line won't suffer as well.

That's disappointing. And considering the pushed release date for Batman/Superman, I'm not sure I would get my hopes up for 2015. The future for LEGO DC doesn't look too bright at the moment... :look:

But the good news is that it doesn't seem like Marvel/DC have to have equal amounts of sets. So if DC flounders, the Marvel line won't suffer as well.

I am pretty sure it was said that they are going to do another set of DC sets next year that doesn't have to do with the Superman/Batman movie. Maybe we'll get a Green Lantern finally!

Does anyone know what Mark of Sentinel the Xmen vs. Sentinel set features?

By the look of it, Mk. 0.5!

Finally picked up Iron Patriot and the Iron Man Vs Mandarin Showdown sets! Iron Patriot is beautiful, so glad I ordered a second version of Marvel Superheroes on the DS in order to get him! And the Heartbreaker Iron Man is amazing! So many uses for Mandarin's torso too. Once I modify the Jeep's armaments a little, this will be one amazing set! :classic:

Finally picked up Iron Patriot and the Iron Man Vs Mandarin Showdown sets! Iron Patriot is beautiful, so glad I ordered a second version of Marvel Superheroes on the DS in order to get him! And the Heartbreaker Iron Man is amazing! So many uses for Mandarin's torso too. Once I modify the Jeep's armaments a little, this will be one amazing set! :classic:

These are 2013 sets :wink: .

(Where taking about 2014 sets now :tongue: )

These are 2013 sets :wink: .

(Where taking about 2014 sets now :tongue: )

I think commenting on 2013 sets is more on topic than arguing about sets we want in 2015 or Marvel vs. DC. :wink:

I think commenting on 2013 sets is more on topic than arguing about sets we want in 2015 or Marvel vs. DC. :wink:

Time for my catchphrase.... True Dat.

Seriously? You want to dredge up that argument all over again? Can't Cornelius Murdock have a break?

I swapped out the arm pieces on my Thor from Hulk Lab Smash with those from Dark Ninja from the TMNT line so that the former would have bare arms and look even more like the classic comic version. The lack of a silver helmet is really bugging me now though.

I swapped out the arm pieces on my Thor from Hulk Lab Smash with those from Dark Ninja from the TMNT line so that the former would have bare arms and look even more like the classic comic version. The lack of a silver helmet is really bugging me now though.

His hair is just too...blonde. It's blinding. He's needs the helmet or at least a tone down of the hair. It doesn't even match the color of his beard (the movie version obviously) The comic version should be that color but not the movie one.