I need some more GOTG news, Im getting sick of all the DC news

I don't give a crap about a Green Manhunter

or whatever his name is

The seperate Marvel forum really needs to come now

or whatever his name is

The separate thread ISN'T coming.

And please respect those of us that are interested in DC by saying "MARTIAN Manhunter". Not "Whatever his name is".

And GOTG news is non-existent.

So please, let us DC fans have our fun. We're tired of you "MARVEL NEWS! DC SUCKS!" types. All due respect, but if you don't care about DC news, don't read it. We aren't forcing you to.

or whatever his name is

Burn!! :laugh:

I originally told myself I'd wait for March to come before picking up the new Avengers sets, to get "whatever his name is." That was before I saw the sets out I'm the wild....

That said, the Cap-Red Skull set is amazing, a fantastic value and design at the $20USD range. The tank is a quick build but very aesthetically pleasing. Certainly it doesn't feel like something thrown together just to sell more minifigs. As far as the figs themselves, the colors on the Hydra soldier really pop. Red Skull, meanwhile, is just perfect. Very, very pleased with this set.

I guess the question now is.... What to buy to get the Whatever-His-Name-Is?

I'm really tired of people saying Marvel sucks or DC sucks blah blah blah. Can we all just get along? I'll admit I'm only interested in Marvel but we can't make lego marvel news appear of out thin air so until something arises, the discussion has turned toward DC and this martian manhunter fig.

I'm really tired of people saying Marvel sucks or DC sucks blah blah blah. Can we all just get along? I'll admit I'm only interested in Marvel but we can't make lego marvel news appear of out thin air so until something arises, the discussion has turned toward DC and this martian manhunter fig.

Agreed.

I was thinking of getting the juniors batcave for my nephew. I tend to avoid TRU unless looking for polybags. Target is where I usually go unless ordering online.

Check Walmart, I've seen it at several of mine. Target's been slow getting any March stuff in.

or whatever his name is

There hasn't even been any GotG news since the toy fair, other than the pdf catalog with a prelim of the $20 set (and the other two sets we'd seen more final versions of). Simmer down a little. Martian Manhunter's fig is news, it's on topic, and it's worth discussing.

Edited by Hrafnblod

The separate thread ISN'T coming.

And please respect those of us that are interested in DC by saying "MARTIAN Manhunter". Not "Whatever his name is".

And GOTG news is non-existent.

So please, let us DC fans have our fun. We're tired of you "MARVEL NEWS! DC SUCKS!" types. All due respect, but if you don't care about DC news, don't read it. We aren't forcing you to.

With 'all due respect', isn't that what you seem to do a lot of the time, only in reverse? Quite a few times I've logged onto the forum to see you bashing Marvel/bigging up DC. Just sayin...

Also, he might legitimately not know MM's name, so there's no need to be so rude about it.

In more positive tone: I am super excited to get MM, I mean, I'll no longer need my purist version, but it's awesome to have him. I honestly expected GL and Cyborg first. At the very least. Now all Lego need to do is make Hawkman, Atom and Booster Gold!!

I like MARVEL. I don't bash it. It just doesn't interest me as much as DC. But I do like MARVEL. I would never say "MORE DC NEWS! MARVEL SUCKS!" That's just in poor taste.

Also, he might legitimately not know MM's name, so there's no need to be so rude about it.

Come on, don't play that card. Everyone said the name properly. He has no excuse.

Now back on topic. The Martian Manhunter fig is pretty cool. His New 52 look is kinda weird. What's hillairious about the Brick Show is

A: Doesn't know about standard muscle print(in the SH Line)

B: Doesn't see the difference between JL/JLU MM and Lego's (New 52) MM

Bigger DC fan than Marvel, but I love both, and buy both.

And always will.

You and me both.

or whatever his name is

As I tell my 2 year old, throwing a fit will never result in you getting what you want. I've ignored a couple of your posts about this but if you keep it up, we'll have a less pleasant chat elsewhere.

Now we can get back on topic and start acting like adults again. Thank you.

I like MARVEL. I don't bash it. It just doesn't interest me as much as DC. But I do like MARVEL. I would never say "MORE DC NEWS! MARVEL SUCKS!" That's just in poor taste.

My apologies, I know you don't go that far. Although sometimes it seems like you're covertly trying to bash Marvel a bit. It may just be me, but just a friendly notice.

Is anyone else disappointed we won't get any more main DC sets this year? Would it really have been hard for Lego to put MM in a set with *groan* Batman? Granted, I don't know who the villain could be, but if would give DC a boost considering the 4 Marvel sets coming out over the summer, and possibly a new Batsuit variant (I can't be the only one who wants a space and/or Sinestro/GL corps Batsuit, can I?

Edited by The Brigante

I'm a fan of DC in general but that's mostly the nostalgia factor. I like the Marvel movies and thr 2014 releases are amazing. Too bad I dont have enough funds to buy both. Only the figs from Marvel and the sets from DC for me. Only Marvel sets I'm buying are the x-men an perhaps the GotG Milano ship

Edited by Cammo

Is anyone else disappointed we won't get any main DC sets this year? Would it really have been hard for Lego to put MM in a set with *groan* Batman? Granted, I don't know who the villain could be, but if would give DC a boost considering the 4 Marvel sets coming out over the summer, and possibly a new Batsuit variant (I can't be the only one who wants a space and/or Sinestro/GL corps Batsuit, can I?

Not certain I follow. We have the Riddler Chase, Man Bat Attack, and that huge Arkham set.

If you mean Non Batman sets, we only ever really got one. The Lex Bot. The MOS sets were movie tie ins.

Dear Lord why are we arguing Marvel vs DC or demanding separate threads or forums? For the first time in almost 40 years we have the to comic properties literally playing nice together, and sharing a toy line that is fully interplay able. We have not seen that since the old days of Mego. We have Batman and Spider-Man and the X Men and Justice League all together. At the same size in the same style! And we want to go back to the tired old arguments? Relish this moment in time! We have 3 major comic properties all from the same vendor and all in the same core toy line, on actual retail shelves. Kids can play with these. Together. This is where new fans of the things we love come from. And that in turn is what gets us more of those nice things.

Also here is a little secret that so few of the "vs" minded fanboys forever seem to miss. The senior creators of this stuff. The Marvel and DC CEOs and Editors in Chief love each other's stuff. Marvel reads Batman religiously. DC loves the Avengers movie. And all of them, Marvel, DC, Disney and Warner Brothers hopes that whatever Justice League movie comes out, that it will be awesome. It's because after 50 years of rivalry they have finally realized that it is not a zero sum game, and that they as content providers are less competing with each other as they are competing for the general populations attention. They have figured out that the people who liked Man of Steel will absolutely also go see Captain America. One does not take away from the other. In fact the better on is, the greater the profits to the other as well. And it goes across the boards for the most part. People who watch Arrow will also watch Agents of Shield. People who read Spider-Man will more often than not also read Batman or some other DC product. Kids who play with Batman Lego will also want Iron Man, etc. there individual businesses are better served by serving the entire genre and not just their subset. (This is also why there have long been rumors of a Spider-Man cameo in Avengers 2)

So remind me? Why would we want to segregate the much smaller specific fan bases? Doesn't it serve both ourselves and the properties we love more to talk about them and share them as a single theme? After all just because you don't read DC or know the characters today, doesn't mean you won't tomorrow. Heck that freebie Martian Manhunter may prompt a Marvel only fan to look him up and see what his story is. And start reading from there.

Honestly if the Original Vs. Prequel people over in the SW topic can mostly get along there's really no excuse for this topic.

Anywho I'm glad to be getting Martian Manhunter. I rarely buy these exclusives, but having grown up with the DCAU version of Justice League he's vital for my Lego Justice League. I can see why he didn't make it into a set though, admittedly other than a Watchtower set I have a hard time thinking up a reason to include him.

I'm curious about the upcoming Xmen jet set, what is it based on? or is it just random set, styled after classic xmen comics? either way I really like the idea of sets that aren't heavily based on the movies or cartoons and are just cool super hero scenarios and vehicles.

As for the Marvel vs DC bickering it doesn't bother me (i'm more a marvel fan then a dc fan), what does bother me is the petty argument's people are getting into over small continuity issues. The amount of snarkiness in some people's comments is so unnecessary.

Check Walmart, I've seen it at several of mine. Target's been slow getting any March stuff in.

I had to run by target and low and be hold they had all of the march releases. That seems to rarely happen, usually it take a few weeks for them to catch up. The riddler and joker sets are looking pretty good. I love the minfigs.

Honestly if the Original Vs. Prequel people over in the SW topic can mostly get along there's really no excuse for this topic.

Anywho I'm glad to be getting Martian Manhunter. I rarely buy these exclusives, but having grown up with the DCAU version of Justice League he's vital for my Lego Justice League. I can see why he didn't make it into a set though, admittedly other than a Watchtower set I have a hard time thinking up a reason to include him.

A Javelin spaceship would be another cool set they could use him in. Regardless, I am glad we got him.

Dear Lord why are we arguing Marvel vs DC or demanding separate threads or forums? For the first time in almost 40 years we have the to comic properties literally playing nice together, and sharing a toy line that is fully interplay able. We have not seen that since the old days of Mego. We have Batman and Spider-Man and the X Men and Justice League all together. At the same size in the same style! And we want to go back to the tired old arguments? Relish this moment in time! We have 3 major comic properties all from the same vendor and all in the same core toy line, on actual retail shelves. Kids can play with these. Together. This is where new fans of the things we love come from. And that in turn is what gets us more of those nice things.

Also here is a little secret that so few of the "vs" minded fanboys forever seem to miss. The senior creators of this stuff. The Marvel and DC CEOs and Editors in Chief love each other's stuff. Marvel reads Batman religiously. DC loves the Avengers movie. And all of them, Marvel, DC, Disney and Warner Brothers hopes that whatever Justice League movie comes out, that it will be awesome. It's because after 50 years of rivalry they have finally realized that it is not a zero sum game, and that they as content providers are less competing with each other as they are competing for the general populations attention. They have figured out that the people who liked Man of Steel will absolutely also go see Captain America. One does not take away from the other. In fact the better on is, the greater the profits to the other as well. And it goes across the boards for the most part. People who watch Arrow will also watch Agents of Shield. People who read Spider-Man will more often than not also read Batman or some other DC product. Kids who play with Batman Lego will also want Iron Man, etc. there individual businesses are better served by serving the entire genre and not just their subset. (This is also why there have long been rumors of a Spider-Man cameo in Avengers 2)

So remind me? Why would we want to segregate the much smaller specific fan bases? Doesn't it serve both ourselves and the properties we love more to talk about them and share them as a single theme? After all just because you don't read DC or know the characters today, doesn't mean you won't tomorrow. Heck that freebie Martian Manhunter may prompt a Marvel only fan to look him up and see what his story is. And start reading from there.

Wow. Couldn't have said it better myself. These subthemes exist in the same vein together, so why not talk about them together? Like you said, it could bring about new fans. While I love Marvel a lot more than DC, I can say that I have bought some DC solely to compliment my Marvel display.

I grew up watching justice league cartoons and batman(Adam west). Aquaman was one of my favorites and over time I've grown to.love both marvel and dc superheroes. Ive just never felt the whole dc/marvel division was all that important.