Understood. Not that I commented on that subject, but I'm glad it's over.

Anyways, Rotten Tomatoes still has 100% with 22 reviews. I'm starting to get suspicious...

I've remained almost 100% spoiler free, save for any official trailers and the endless TV spots, so I'm extremely excited to see this. It's great to see all the positive reviews coming in, although I'll hold off reading any till Saturday.

Just wondering- I am going to see it on Friday eve with a few friends from work. but not anyone with as great an interest in LEGO as I am. If any EB members are interested in meeting up and attending the show on Friday, send me a PM- I would love to meet some local Chicago members!

Anyways, Rotten Tomatoes still has 100% with 22 reviews. I'm starting to get suspicious...

I suppose they payed some folks here in Eurobricks as well, since I've seen a lot of positivity here.

Suspicious of what?

-Gata signoff.png

TLG Paying Critics, I assume.

I doubt LEGO would ever do that, especially when there is no reason to. There is no way every single reviewer would have accepted the money and considering there are a lot of critical critics (that sounds funny) out there it's unlikely they wouldn't have publicized it and given the movie a horrible review. Even if they didn't get a 100% rating LEGO could perfectly live with it, as kids don't check Rotten Tomatoes before watching a movie and the movie is still primarily targeted at kids. I mean, the possibility is still there, but it's just so unlikely on so many levels that I really can't see it happening. I guess the movie is just that good.

-Gata signoff.png

And so it came to happen that the 31st review (from New York Post) aggregated in Rotten Tomatoes was the first to be of the "rotten" variety. Of course, not all the other reviews have been glowingly positive either. Nevertheless, the critical reception so far has been way better than I dared to hope.

Turns out the douchebag gives everything a rotten...

He also spoiled the movie in his review without any warning. Thanks, Kyle Smith!

Edited by TheRedGuy

Just a heads up, the recent '2 days' trailer spoils plot points in the film. Don't pause on the zoomed-in group shot!

On a side note, this makes me curious how this all comes together...

Can't wait to see it on Sunday (I have work on Friday and Saturday)!

Please use spoiler tags guys! Please!!!

My Lego Minifigure Collection is ready for The Lego Movie, and my army of blue, white, red, black, and yellow spacemen.

Edited by Savage Oppress

He also spoiled the movie in his review without any warning. Thanks, Kyle Smith!

What did he spoil? The part about Kragle being Krazy Glue? You'd REALLY have to be dim-witted to not know that by now. :grin:

What did he spoil? The part about Kragle being Krazy Glue? You'd REALLY have to be dim-witted to not know that by now. :grin:

Not that, but thanks for the insult.

I am not taking any of my Lego Minifigures with me to see The Lego Movie, because i know some stupid kid that will sit right behind me will steal them.

Edited by Savage Oppress

I am not taking any of my Lego Minifigures with me to see The Lego Movie, because i know some stupid kid that will sit right behind me will steal them.

I can't imagine they would be able to if they were behind you, you'd have to tape them to the back of your seat or something :laugh:

Yeah. :hmpf_bad:

ONE DAY! ARE YOUUUUUU EXCIIIIITEEEEEEEEDDDDDD! :grin:

going at 4:30 pm tomorrow!

Edited by Tolkien

He didn't exactly spoil anything really... Well, not for me, anyway, because I saw a heap of the plot points mentioned coming a mile away

Such a good film! My non-Lego friends loved it, and I thought it was great. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of turn out; we had like 20 people in our theater, but even then there were some large laughs from all of us. I expected the realistic twist near the end of the film, but never thought who would actually be shown! That was awesome!

I'm going to see it again soon, since I got a free ticket from buy Lego Movie sets from Toys R Us, and I'll have to make sure I really look around the background images--there's so much going on I feel like I missed more than half the cameos!

Happy LEGO Day everyone, The Lego Movie has finished building itself into movie theaters, so go see it NOW at your local movie theater, no matter what. Take a sick day from school and work or get your kids from school early today to see the best movie ever, The LEGO Movie.

Saw this morning with my 3 1\2 year old son. It's a must-see for all AFOLs with children!

:classic: