Sign in to follow this  
Chro

Vander

8821016718_5f38104ce1.jpg

^ Click the photo above to view the flickr photo set. ^

This is Vander, Toa of the Green. A week or so ago, I built a generic silver and black MOC, then decided to use a color for accents that I wouldn't be able to use as the main color of a MOC. Sand green was the color that I chose, as you can see.

Vander is maybe some sort of ninja or ranger character, I'm not really sure what he is exactly. He wields an axe, but also fights hand-to-hand when necessary. His Kanohi, though Tryna-shaped, is actually a Huna.

Feedback on the MOC is appreciated.

From what I can see in the gallery, Toa Vander looks rather well-put together. He's a little thin in appearance, as the waist helps demonstrate, but he's well armored, and with a nice, even color scheme. I do like what you did with the upper legs a lot- I would not have thought to use the old Zamor blaster parts in that fashion, but it works very, very well here! His lower legs appear very solid as well.

I rather enjoy Vander's axe too. It's simple, and makes great use of the Visorak pincer.

I'm not sure how I feel about his shoulders- while they are covered with smooth armor that flows well with the rest of the build, the armor appears to conflict with his mask in pictures where the arms are being raised sideways. It's a minor complaint on an otherwise great looking creation. Great work! :classic:

Thanks Cirkit. The upper legs were a random idea I had when fiddling around with parts, I think it looks okay. The shoulder joints actually have enough rotation so that the armor doesn't block his face in most normal poses. :D

The incorporation of sand green system tiles is a work of inspired brilliance. Sand green is rare in both system building and figure building. So combining the two added those necessary accents. Good show!

Thanks Mego. It's one of my favorite colors, and sadly, as you said, pretty hard to use in BioMOCing.

The sand green keeps an otherwise drab MOC interesting. The upper leg design seems quite complex, too.

Edited by DraikNova

Thanks Nova. The upper legs are actually quite simple, as far as custom Technic limbs go. I could probably do a breakdown for that design, if you'd like.