Sign in to follow this  
Norro

Futile to Thwart Mr. Phes...

This ebay auction is quite a good deal for someone desperate to tidy up the condition of their box collection. All the best! Oh and if someone could move this to the ITP records afterwards that would be great!

God Bless,

Nathan

Mr Norro! What are you doing! You're advertising this auction increasing my competition - that's what you're doing! :-D

We'll move this thread into the ITP Records root forum after it gets some discussion - if any. If not, it'll be MERGE TIME!!! There are a couple of other threads due for the ITP records root forum which floating around the main forum.

It actually seems strange that someone would keep these in such great condition and then sell them without the bricks... I considered doing something similar when room got tight but thought I wouldn''t get a fair price unless I included the bricks (which I wasn't about to do X-D )...

God Bless,

Nathan

I really don't see the point of buying... a box! Each time I see an auction with a lot of boxes on the pic- (not aware they are empty) ,a low price, and the fact the auction is nearing his end I feel like I'm in heaven!

And then I read the boxes are empty :-||

Grrr

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

Boxes are collectors items of course and they are probably rarer than the sets themselves because not everyone keeps boxes.

I think we'll be surprise for how much money these boxes will be sold. They are quite rare.

Off-topic: I'm feeling really down for the moment. There was an ebay auction with 10 imperial soldiers (with muskets) that I was following which ended at 7PM today. I forgot about it until 7:05PM and discovered they were sold for only 13 euro :'-( :'-( :'-( 8-|

I think we'll be surprise for how much money these boxes will be sold. They are quite rare.

Off-topic: I'm feeling really down for the moment. There was an ebay auction with 10 imperial soldiers (with muskets) that I was following which ended at 7PM today. I forgot about it until 7:05PM and discovered they were sold for only 13 euro :'-( :'-( :'-( 8-|

Don't worry, your luck will come ;-)

But I still have no doubt you have the one of the biggest LEGO armies on earth!

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

The price for these boxes isn't that high at the moment : AU $6.00 / 3.59

As far as I'm aware they're not as collectable as boxes.

In the case of the 6257 Castaway's Raft & 6260 Shipwreck Island, I doubt the final price would have been any higher if ALL the LEGO pieces had been included. I think these prices are just the result of foolish eBayers.

Woowy...those instructions are expensive! I like to keep ALL the Lego boxes I have. I'm not so happy with no-boxed sets as the box is something to! *cry*

[Off Topic] Sombody baught an Xbox box for over a hundred dollars...some misunderstanding I think :-D ![/Off Topic]

That's ridiculous indeed! But what I do need to know is, are they collectors items, or are they expensive because of the contents? I can just find instructions over internet, so I would never buy instructions, especially not if they are so expensive...

As a seller of vintage sets, I can tell you that instructions make a big difference in the marketability of a used set. There are some sets that will sell without instructions or a digital copy, but I have found that the original instructions helps sets move more quickly and at a higher price. Needless to say, the original boxes add even more to the value.

As a seller of vintage sets, I can tell you that instructions make a big difference in the marketability of a used set. There are some sets that will sell without instructions or a digital copy, but I have found that the original instructions helps sets move more quickly and at a higher price. Needless to say, the original boxes add even more to the value.

I agree that a set with the original box and instructions has much more value.

I also try to buy sets with the original box/instructions unless I'm buying the sets to reuse the pieces in one of my MOCs. And I don't mind paying (a bit) extra for it.

As a seller of vintage sets, I can tell you that instructions make a big difference in the marketability of a used set.

Greetings Pacific493! How do you sell your sets? eBay, BrickLink, your business website or in the real world?

There are some sets that will sell without instructions or a digital copy, but I have found that the original instructions helps sets move more quickly and at a higher price. Needless to say, the original boxes add even more to the value.

Have you ever received the amount in the two examples above for just instructions alone?

Have you ever received the amount in the two examples above for just instructions alone?

I have never sold many instructions on their own, but I would probably spend that much to get those instructions (at least for the Carribean Clipper) if I had a set in good condition that I was going to sell but did not have instructions for.

Do you only sell Pirate LEGO sets or do you sell other themes as well?

I mostly sell Pirate, Castle, Space and Town sets from the early 1980s to early 1990s, but I also sell Technic sets from the same period and Star Wars sets from time to time. I have gotten a number of collections recently that were heavy on Pirate sets (particularly Caribbean Clippers). You can check out my Bricklink store All Vintage Bricks. However, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 to 600 additional pounds of Lego that is not listed in the store, so if you're looking for something in particular, drop me a line.

I don't know if you've seen my Imperial Sentry Box MOC yet, but it looking like I'll need some red slopes.

Only thing is postage from the US is too expensive for me so I'll probably get them locally.

Very cool MOC! International shipping is a killer, particularly where parts are concerned.

Yes it sure is, and I've noticed shipping to the US is more expensive than anywhere else. Probably because its the furthest!