Sign in to follow this  
hooky

[MOC] Giordano Bruno

I created this MOC for a contest organised by a Bulgarian Lego forum for recreating a historical event. The project I'd like to present to you is a scene from the early 17th century and depicts Giordano Bruno's burning at the stake. His execution is now seen as a symbol of the brutality with which the Inquisition dealt with the great minds of the Middle Ages and the obscurantism of the times.

a6091eec-d021-4bb9-94dc-87243997b1c4_zps4d3e036d.jpg

305f0f8f-b5c6-4878-8f24-5d760494dec5_zps4e901edf.jpg

cfdb7c2d-95e5-4b73-b63b-ec1387206476_zps30a09e90.jpg

7a2102d5-8602-4afb-8ead-148b8d585834_zpsda24585c.jpg

This happens to be not only my first MOC here, but also my first post! So I want to say "Hi" to everyone. Hope you like the MOC! :)

Welcome to Eurobricks!!!

The MOC is pretty good and has some solid minifig combinations, but I'd like to see more pictures of the building behind it.

Welcome!

I think the figs are what really makes this MOC stand out, for example something as clever as the Uruk-hai helmet for the executioner :)

Thank you for all the positive comments!

In developing the project I focused mainly on creating minifgures that would be faithful to the historical time of the event. The builing in the background is only a facade with the sole purpose of completing the scene. The central elements are the minifigures and the stake, the building is just a backdrop for the action.

Here you can see the whole building. :classic:

Edited by hooky

Wow! That building looks great! Nice little scene you got here! Hope to see more from you. :classic:

Awesome depiction of the event! There's a lot going on in the crowd, and I really love the stake area, the scribes and the drum player. It really adds to the atmosphere. Good luck in the contest!