Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I know its just prelim but that jabbas sail barge looks awfull.

the first one was much better and looked more like the one in the movie

The Barge looks OK. The nose is more accurate than the older version one. It is a bit small, but I think it's very easily modded into a large object. All you need are a few brown and dark tan plates, increase the skelet width for 2-4 maybe even 6 studs and you get a real monster. Even better than the older one. Also the minifig selection is awesome. I like how they left out all the skiff characters so that we get many others which will nicely fit into a diorama!

Do keep in mind that these models are still preliminary. If I remember correctly, the RGS model seen in the Yoda chronicles trailer had brick-built backs to the gun pods. That's probably what they will do in the final version.

Yes I was expecting the cannons to be like that. I hope you are right and they fix it, because That's themost wanted set of the year on my list (Oh and the Corellian Defender-class Light Corvette :wub: )

The new Leia looks amazing! Really glad they gave her a new headpiece this time around. The torso design looks a bit cluttered but overall I prefer it to the original.

The sail barge is excellent!! I knew from the preliminary photos that the sail barge was destined for greatness. I am looking forward to seeing additional photos.

LEGO, you can definitely count on me purchasing one!

Hmmm, here's a scary thought: what if Young Boba is exclusive to the Advent Calendar? :grin:

Then there's always Bricklink!

Anyway,... Poggle the Lesser... gonna look like Davy Jones?

I expect him to look like his appearance in Lego Star Wars III

Poggle.PNG

He'll look a lot better than that. Count on it. They were developing Lego SW III way before they would have started development on the minfigure.

A brick-built frame of the bubble turrets would look so much better, giving the illusion of glass between the spaces. It doesn't NEED to be translucent plastic to match the source material (movies, cross sections) if that means they use a such a primitive half-bubble design. Same thing with the recent Gungan Sub, which would have looked way better with a source-accurate frame IMO.

Also, it's really time that LEGO built a proper aft section for the RGS. The past 2 RGS sets have been very inaccurately designed at the rear. The wing turrets aren't manned either, but actually rotating spheres suspended in a frame and controlled by the co-pilot gunner.:

Totally agree, I'm already thinking about how to mod the RGS. And thanks for the pic, I haven't seen this MOC and it's really amazing

Hmmm, here's a scary thought: what if Young Boba is exclusive to the Advent Calendar? :grin:

Wait until next February when the shops realise it's far too over priced and bring it down.

Wait until next February when the shops realise it's far too over priced and bring it down.

I'll definitely be doing this. I found a 2012 advent calendar for $10; the usually drop significantly in price after Christmas is over.

I'll definitely be doing this. I found a 2012 advent calendar for $10; the usually drop significantly in price after Christmas is over.

Gah! Where did you find it? The lowest I've found it for is $25 (and the City one for $20). I haven't opened it yet, as I keep checking Target to see if they'll clearance it further. Unfortunately, they've been slowly disappearing from Target shelves....

And yeah, I'd hold out for the 2013 calendar to be cleared as well. I'm just curious if Lego would make Boba an exclusive to the calendar, as that might force more people to buy it. (A lot of people could live without Santa Maul, but if people who buy the new Slave 1 can only get YB through the calendar...well, they'll have to choose either the calendar or the secondary market, won't they?)

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

I thought they were doing a rehashed Slave-1 in Episode II colors, no? Hmmm.

Nope. That hasn't hardly even been rumored. Some people were hoping but that's about it.

Love the look of Ree in the Sail Barge and Coleman Trebor in the AT-TE. Is the AT-TE CW or movie version?

Movie, Episode 2 to be exact.

Coleman Trebor in the AT-TE. Is the AT-TE CW or movie version?

Hint - Coleman Trebor died before the clone wars

But seriously though I don't mean to be rude but if you followed the posts from previous pages you would already know it is not CW this year.

Can anyone make out the picture below the Advent Calendar? One of the figs looks blue, possibly the Jango Fett?

Can anyone make out the picture below the Advent Calendar? One of the figs looks blue, possibly the Jango Fett?

I think its just the box for the Advent Calender. The figures look to be Santa Jango on the left, then Boba, an unknown figure, the Geonosian, the Scout Trooper and the astromech at the end.

Edited by wesker