Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Yeah I agree no set should be made 4 times. and we only had jabbas barge a few years ago so we should wait at least 2 more before making a new one. Still at least we do have the rancor pit. So its not all bad :D

Edited by The Joker1

>.< not getting the point - people are saying the tank droid was only in ep 3 others say its ep 2 - ep 3 however it is a deleted scene. Deleted scene means it never showed in the actual film therefor the tank droid should still be classed as episode 3 only. So maybe the new tank droid is ep 3 we won't know until it gets released (if it gets released)

Hasbro makes stuff from the deleted scenes all the time. For the most part deleted scenes are still part of the canon. So even if the tank droid wasn't seen in the final cut of the movie within the greater canon it was still there.

As for what episode this set will be based on it's pretty likely it's episode 2 based on the rumored Jango Fett that's coming with it. Granted that's not 100% confirmed at this point, but a few more weeks and we should get an answer for sure.

That's probably true if they could come up totaly new design of Cloud City.

But look what we have from clissic series this year: 4th A-Wing and 2nd Jabba's Barge.

Only Rancor'e Pit made my day :)

Cloud city is different than vehicles. Sure all remakes of vehicles will pretty much be the same since its the same vehicle. All that really changes on those is the techniques used in the build and parts.

Location playsets are a bit more free in how they work and look just because there's no one look to go for since only specific rooms and functions are being built, so odds are if Lego did revisit Cloud city it would be pretty different. Plus the way they handle builds like that are pretty different today so even if Lego did redo only what was in the old set it would still look significantly different.

Hasbro makes stuff from the deleted scenes all the time. For the most part deleted scenes are still part of the canon. So even if the tank droid wasn't seen in the final cut of the movie within the greater canon it was still there.

As for what episode this set will be based on it's pretty likely it's episode 2 based on the rumored Jango Fett that's coming with it. Granted that's not 100% confirmed at this point, but a few more weeks and we should get an answer

Just cause hasbro makes deleted scenes doesn't mean Lego does. Evidence that Lego doesn't make deleted scenes - no set has ever been from a deleted scene from any movie, all previous sets have been from movie scenes, clone wars tv series and expanded universe (e.g. Based on Games, etc.)

Just cause hasbro makes deleted scenes doesn't mean Lego does. Evidence that Lego doesn't make deleted scenes - no set has ever been from a deleted scene from any movie, all previous sets have been from movie scenes, clone wars tv series and expanded universe (e.g. Based on Games, etc.)

So because it's never happened before, that means it can never happen?

Well i hope they do make a cloud city but i don't think it will be until the summer of 2014 at least. However i do think that the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid will be from attack of the clones because the person who tried to confirm the sets and minifigures said that jango fett came in it and he was only in star wars attack of the clones.

>.< not getting the point - people are saying the tank droid was only in ep 3 others say its ep 2 - ep 3 however it is a deleted scene. Deleted scene means it never showed in the actual film therefor the tank droid should still be classed as episode 3 only. So maybe the new tank droid is ep 3 we won't know until it gets released (if it gets released)

The tank was in the first battle of geonosis. It doesn't matter if it was on screen or not, it just was there. look at the wookieepedia article, it says there was a persuader-class droid enforcer (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Battle_of_Geonosis)

about deleted scenes, I don't know either if they are to be considered as canon or non-canon. I think we can say this scene is canon, but for example the Episode III deleted scene where grievous killed shaak ti being non-canon, because in the RotS book by Matthew Stover shaak ti spoke to anakin before he went to palpatine and killed windu (books are considered canon), and in TFU(the force unleashed) starkiller kills Shaak Ti

Yeah I mean an updated one because the last jango fett slave 1 was released in 2002 so it has been over 10 years. How long do you think it will be before jango a next slave 1.

I am actually quite happy Lego didn't make a Jango Fett's slave one, because now I can easily have jango without having to buy a second slave one, I think one slave one is enough for both for me.

Well i hope they do make a cloud city but i don't think it will be until the summer of 2014 at least. However i do think that the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid will be from attack of the clones because the person who tried to confirm the sets and minifigures said that jango fett came in it and he was only in star wars attack of the clones.

He said he thought he saw his name in it and the figure listings can always change

So because it's never happened before, that means it can never happen?

I'm saying based on previous Lego sets that it is unlikely to be ep 2 not that it will never happen

The tank was in the first battle of geonosis. It doesn't matter if it was on screen or not, it just was there. look at the wookieepedia article, it says there was a persuader-class droid enforcer (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Battle_of_Geonosis)

about deleted scenes, I don't know either if they are to be considered as canon or non-canon. I think we can say this scene is canon, but for example the Episode III deleted scene where grievous killed shaak ti being non-canon, because in the RotS book by Matthew Stover shaak ti spoke to anakin before he went to palpatine and killed windu (books are considered canon), and in TFU(the force unleashed) starkiller kills Shaak Ti

Wookiepedia can be edited by anyone so don't take it as fact also has there been a Lego set where grevious and shaak ti

* with grevious and shaak ti together in a set which is based on that deleted scene, the answer is no there hasn't been one

I'm just saying Lego hasn't made any sets based on deleted scenes therefor it is highly unlikely the tank droid should be ep 2 based on the past however it could still be ep 2 as Lego could try to make deleted scenes into sets

*snip*

Wookiepedia can be edited by anyone so don't take it as fact also has there been a Lego set where grevious and shaak ti

that's true about Wookeepedia. I think I too would rather have seen the tank being RotS, and I think it suits there better too.

What do you mean with the last part?

That animatic showing rough versions of scenes from the Battle of Geonosis, showing the CAT droid, is real and I think can be found on the AOTC DVD somewhere. The design and use for the droid was originally part of AOTC, much like Pol Koon and Mundi's covert attack and destruction of a CIS ship during the battle, but were ultimately scrapped for time constraints. Lucas then decided to put those droids in ROTC because he wanted to use them somewhere.

No need to shout.

I went into my local today and asked when she will be getting them, she said she should be getting them next week.

when is the uk going to get the winter sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know they are all there in LEGO store...

Just leafing through the S@H catalogue and thought I'd take a look at the new planets - was really interested to see the artistic treatment for each, most of all Coruscant... and from the picture it looks absolutely dreadful. It look's like a really, really poor pen drawing, with wobbly lines and terribly drawn circles. And a stylistic departure from the other planets which I felt had a more globe-esque (though simplified feel). Anyone else disappointed by this?

Just leafing through the S@H catalogue and thought I'd take a look at the new planets - was really interested to see the artistic treatment for each, most of all Coruscant... and from the picture it looks absolutely dreadful. It look's like a really, really poor pen drawing, with wobbly lines and terribly drawn circles. And a stylistic departure from the other planets which I felt had a more globe-esque (though simplified feel). Anyone else disappointed by this?

I'm also very disappointed by the planet sets this year. Not only do I think the planet sets are poorly designed this year, but I'm very upset with the minifigs that come with each set. The whole reason for planet sets are to get some new or hard to find minifigs in a cheap set. I hate that lego thinks including a Rebel Soilder, Clone Trooper, TIE Pilot(Not even a TIE Bomber PIlot,) or a Snowspeeder Pilot passes. I would have much rather seen this...

Kamino- I think its actually really good the way it is.

Coruscant- Why not Give us a Clone Commander or Captain, just not a regular Clone Trooper that I can buy in a Battle Pack!

Asteriod Field- Why not give us a Falcon with a Leia or Han!

Hoth- Give us a new Wedge or even Wes Janson or some with an actual name!

Endor Planet- I think this one okay, I still don't understand the B-Wing Pilots Helmet though.

Alderaan- I hate this one the most just because lego didn't included Captain Antilles! I don't think he'll be making an apperance in an other set and this was the perfect chance to get him in a cheap set, but no lego just has to include a minifig that will probally be in a battle pack next year!

I hope the planet sets inprove in 2014.

when is the uk going to get the winter sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My shop is completely soled out on the winter sets, I already bough 4 of them and when i went to pick up the rest, it was soled out!!! :'(

Does anyone know where I can get a summer catalogue with all the Star Wars sets in ? PLEASE ANWSER.

Only lego shops will have access to that.

Will they let us look at it ?

probalbly not, but you could always try.

Lego placed a speeder bike on the original AT TE based on the scenes seen above.

I'm also very disappointed by the planet sets this year. Not only do I think the planet sets are poorly designed this year, but I'm very upset with the minifigs that come with each set. The whole reason for planet sets are to get some new or hard to find minifigs in a cheap set. I hate that lego thinks including a Rebel Soilder, Clone Trooper, TIE Pilot(Not even a TIE Bomber PIlot,) or a Snowspeeder Pilot passes. I would have much rather seen this...

Kamino- I think its actually really good the way it is.

Coruscant- Why not Give us a Clone Commander or Captain, just not a regular Clone Trooper that I can buy in a Battle Pack!

Asteriod Field- Why not give us a Falcon with a Leia or Han!

Hoth- Give us a new Wedge or even Wes Janson or some with an actual name!

Endor Planet- I think this one okay, I still don't understand the B-Wing Pilots Helmet though.

Alderaan- I hate this one the most just because lego didn't included Captain Antilles! I don't think he'll be making an apperance in an other set and this was the perfect chance to get him in a cheap set, but no lego just has to include a minifig that will probally be in a battle pack next year!

I hope the planet sets inprove in 2014.

The unnamed Snowspeeder Pilot is supposed to be Dak Ralter, Luke's gunner who is conveniently missing from the Battle of Hoth set. But I agree the planet sets should really come with more unique characters and less army builders. I mean is anyone seriously going to buy multiples of these just for one figure? I'd like to see more updated versions of characters from the yellow skin and pre-pupil era, or even characters who wouldn't normally fit in regular sets.