Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

After going with Tantive IV vs Home One I found some more room for Home One. I then took the Motorized Hoth AT-AT in to consideration. AT-AT looks way better but again Home One's figs are beckoning me. Please? I need to make a desion before the end of the month.

Hm. That is a bit tough. The AT-AT is a much better set than the Home One (come on - It's motorized!), but its minifigs are nothing special, especially considering the upcoming Hoth BPs, whereas the Home One figs are top-notch. I'd go with the AT-AT since it will likely be discontinued soon and hope that the Home One goes on sale some time, or that they make a magnet set with some of the figs.

Ive been trying to toss up between the Tantive IV or the Venator. The Tantive has cooler minifigs but ive got R2 and C3PO will be coming out in a cheaper set next year. The Venator has sme good points, great minifigs, I really like Palpatine and the senate Commandos. The Venator is a little cheaper here in New Zealand by $50NZ. So what set should I buy? The venator or Tantive IV?

This is easier. I'd definitely go for the Tantive. It may be more expensive, but it's that much better as a set. It is detailed and very accurate (aside from the underscaled-ness). It looks great from the outside and comes with lots of useful parts whereas the Venator doesn't look all that good and consists of Technic pieces and grey plates. Sure, the Artoo and Threepio figs come with the upcoming landspeeder too, but the awesome Antilles and Leia figs don't.

I broke down a got Home One today. I didn't have enough cash on me for AT-AT and didn't want to go tho the other side of the mall to use an ATM. I just finshed build it and it is very large. I had to take my CW display down to put it up. If the AT-AT had better figs and more of an interior I would have gone to the ATM. :laugh: I'll try to squeeze AT-AT in but I'm not sure. I already have this year's Echo Base and am planning on getting all of next year's Hoth sets. My Lego Store had a Tantive IV on display. It's very big and a must have for me. What was wierd they didn't have any for sale!:laugh: I also believe there were no AT-ATs. I did see this grandma looking for something SW and a employee said " We have some that are 10 bucks all the way to 500 for the Falcon." The granny was holding her hand uo to her mouth saying "Oh my" :laugh:

Edited by JCC1004

This is easier. I'd definitely go for the Tantive. It may be more expensive, but it's that much better as a set. It is detailed and very accurate (aside from the underscaled-ness). It looks great from the outside and comes with lots of useful parts whereas the Venator doesn't look all that good and consists of Technic pieces and grey plates. Sure, the Artoo and Threepio figs come with the upcoming landspeeder too, but the awesome Antilles and Leia figs don't.

Yeah I think I will go for the Tantive. I like the C3PO, Antilles and Leia figs but artoo doesnt worry me at all I have 3 of him in two years of hardcore collecting :tongue:

Edited by Roncanator

I think any of the Creator car sets or, if you can find it, Shanghai Chase from Indiana Jones :thumbup:

BTW, you should really fix up your punctuation and such :wink:

Hi all

Should I buy the venator republic cruiser??? at £89-100 it isn't cheap but will we ever see another palatine and republic senate commandos?

What are peoples opinions of this set?

Does anybody think we might get another luminara unduli?

thanks

Hi all

Should I buy the venator republic cruiser??? at £89-100 it isn't cheap but will we ever see another palatine and republic senate commandos?

What are peoples opinions of this set?

Does anybody think we might get another luminara unduli?

thanks

Please don't post separate topics for 'what should I buy threads'. Discussion belongs here!

Thanks.

I have been recently enthralled with castle sets. So I am now mostly concerned with the fantasy era sets. The minifigs are great, on one hand there will probably be newer more awesome ones later on. I could get more battle chariots and drawbridge defenses for the gold knights (15usd at bricklink lol !) and kings for the armors (the dearmoured kings can become nobles instead), or I could spend money on troll and dwarf battlepacks since its uncertain if there will be more trolls and dwarfs in the future, while humans will always be around. And there is the Tower Raid for more dark blue slopes and the one older crownie torso. Or I could save my money until the next castle theme comes out and get mass minifigs from those sets. I guess it boils down to quantity vs diversity.

I have been recently enthralled with castle sets. So I am now mostly concerned with the fantasy era sets. The minifigs are great, on one hand there will probably be newer more awesome ones later on. I could get more battle chariots and drawbridge defenses for the gold knights (15usd at bricklink lol !) and kings for the armors (the dearmoured kings can become nobles instead), or I could spend money on troll and dwarf battlepacks since its uncertain if there will be more trolls and dwarfs in the future, while humans will always be around. And there is the Tower Raid for more dark blue slopes and the one older crownie torso. Or I could save my money until the next castle theme comes out and get mass minifigs from those sets. I guess it boils down to quantity vs diversity.

Well it is uncertain that castle will be available next year and crowney knights are available in stockloads on BL so id suggest some Troll BPs and Dwarf BPs and 1 tower raid to even it up. :wink:

I'm trying to make a choice between the following:

Medieval Market Village

OR

The Power Functions components necessary to motorize the Emerald Night

They would both cost approximately the same, and I only have enough money for one.

Seeing as I'm almost to the point of flipping a coin, I thought an outside perspective might be beneficial.

So...Care to help out an indecisive AFOL?

I'd say get MMV, because IMO, you don't really need to put PF in the Emerald Night, it's already awesome!

Are you train fans are too special to have to push their trains around? :tongue: How often will you use the motor? I'd go with MMV. I also have a question. I'd like to spend no mpre then $250 on Lego this Christmas. I am already planning on getting Tantive IV and 6208 B-wing Fighter. I would also like to put money aside for the 2 upcoming Hoth bps and Landseepeder. I'd like a new or old set. Any suggestions?

What Space Police3 set should I get next? I already have squidman's escape and freeze ray frenzy.

gold heist is pretty crummy. The ship is really underbuilt. Missing windows and a chunk in the rear. Frenzy is nice, but paying 20 usd for a minifig is kind of lame. i should know, I bought three of those sets lol. Now I realize I made a poor decision.

Space Truck Getaway looks pretty awesome though. It has a giant laser cannon.

What Space Police3 set should I get next? I already have squidman's escape and freeze ray frenzy.

Hyperspeed Pursuit looks the best. Personally I don't like Gold Heist or Space Truck Getaway.

Hyperspeed Pursuit looks the best. Personally I don't like Gold Heist or Space Truck Getaway.

I agree, but the Space Truck would be my second choice, after the Hyperspeed Pursuit. :thumbup:

Medieval Market Village

OR

The Power Functions components necessary to motorize the Emerald Night

Uhm, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else: the MMV is definitely the better choice.

I'd like to spend no mpre then $250 on Lego this Christmas. I am already planning on getting Tantive IV and 6208 B-wing Fighter. I would also like to put money aside for the 2 upcoming Hoth bps and Landseepeder. I'd like a new or old set. Any suggestions?

Well, the Tantive $150 and bricklink prices for the B-Wing start at $40, so you'll be left with $60 to spend. The BPs will cost you $20, and the Landspeeder probably another $15-20, so you would only have like $20 left. :sceptic: I'd either get seconds of the BPs or the Freeco Speeder or the Tri-Fighter (if you're interested).

gold heist is pretty crummy. The ship is really underbuilt. Missing windows and a chunk in the rear. Frenzy is nice, but paying 20 usd for a minifig is kind of lame. i should know, I bought three of those sets lol. Now I realize I made a poor decision.

Space Truck Getaway looks pretty awesome though. It has a giant laser cannon.

I was actually thinking of getting gold heist,for some reason I want the ship but I know i'm going to be disappointed after I buy it.

I think Hyperspeed Pursuit looks pretty cool.

Well, the Tantive $150 and bricklink prices for the B-Wing start at $40, so you'll be left with $60 to spend. The BPs will cost you $20, and the Landspeeder probably another $15-20, so you would only have like $20 left. :sceptic: I'd either get seconds of the BPs or the Freeco Speeder or the Tri-Fighter (if you're interested).

I might just save it for something. I'll probably just just get another Hoth Rebel pack. :wink: I'll save the other 10 for something like groceries. :grin:

I might just save it for something. I'll probably just just get another Hoth Rebel pack. :wink: I'll save the other 10 for something like groceries. :grin:

Yeah, buy just buy yourself something fancy with that grocery money :tongue:

I agree with JCC1004, Hyperspeed Pursuit is awesome, so I would get that next. That's my plan anyway, and I have the same sets as you.

But generally, I wouldn't buy anymore of this year's SP3 sets because next year's look/sound much better. :sweet:

Yeah, that would be a good idea. Lego may be essential to the soul, but food is essential to life. :tongue:

I suggest get toast. One can never go wrong with toast. :grin:

Hey! I've got a question. I've decided I want to get for Christmas some old, good, used sets from BL instead of IJ and City. They must be from Pirates (old, first wave of course :) ) and Forestmen, they must have many minifigs, they must be worthwhile and they mustn't cost more than about 150$. Help me - what should I buy? (and in what store? :) ). I don't have any Classic Castle sets and I'm looking for used sets in good condition with instructions, without box. ;)

Regards, Dr Kilroy

Edited by Dr Kilroy

Due to me getting some unexpected money I'm able to rework my holiday plans. :sweet: Should I get a 6207 A-wing Fighter or two 7668 Rebel Scout Speeders? For a note I have the dark green A-Wing and one Rebel Scout Speeder already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JCC1004

Due to me getting some unexpected money I'm able to rework my holiday plans. :sweet: Should I get a 6207 A-wing Fighter or two 7668 Rebel Scout Speeders? For a note I have the dark green A-Wing and one Rebel Scout Speeder already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JCC1004

It depends how much you want Rebel troopers. IMO I don't reall like them ut it would be nice to have some. This is a tough decision but I'd have to say get the Rebel Speeders, since you already have an A-Wing.

It depends how much you want Rebel troopers. IMO I don't reall like them ut it would be nice to have some. This is a tough decision but I'd have to say get the Rebel Speeders, since you already have an A-Wing.

I do love the troopers but their helmets are so loose on their heads. The troopers I have now aren't in good condition either. The A-wing will add to my fleet of ships and I love the yellow boarding thing. The dark red will mix better with my other ships than the dark green. It really is a tough desicion. :sceptic: