Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Perfect renders - can it be done?

@Blip

Take a look at here. :wink:

Remember that the most of the software related to digital cad are listed in the Section Index.

One note: about your MOCs you should post them in the Star Wars section*, then you can report them here using the Eurobricks MOC LXF Index.

* except for those that uses interesting built techniques that could be shared and discussed here in the digital section.

Great! Hadn't spotted that. Thanks Calabar (and legolijntje). :classic:

I know about the SW section though, but thanks anyway. I've perused the MOCs thread a few times myself for ideas! :grin:

I am happy I found this topic, I was just studying the feasibility of rendering Lego models in famous softwares. Guess what, it is very complicated.

I did not know if I should start a new topic to talk about this or not so I'll post here.

After a little work and some luck, I was able to render some cool things (look cool imho) from the models I found here on eurobricks.

So they come from leocad files (most are broken so I used ones that were ok) as well as ldraw files. I then converted to .3ds and .stl and put them in 3DS max.

From there, I just played with my 3D software. The renders you see here took 10 minutes each.

I would like to know if some people are interested to produce some cool wallpapers and renderings. I would be really happy to render your creations, all I need is leocad files :)

So actually I wanted to start a topic about these possible collaborations together !

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized Images converted in text link.

I had a go, but I was thwarted by hexadecagons on the wheel hubs:

aaaaaaa_hexadecagons.jpg

The image required a fair bit of postwork already, and it looks like some more will be needed -

but it's still much better than what I could do with a camera!

I would like to know if some people are interested to produce some cool wallpapers and renderings. I would be really happy to render your creations, all I need is leocad files :)

So actually I wanted to start a topic about these possible collaborations together !

Yeah, I was thinking about doing some wallpaper renderings with the pirate sets since I'm finished the classic ones at least. I haven't gotten around to doing many official sets recently or making any plans for a project like that, but maybe in the future. It sounds like it would be great! :sweet:

Should I start a topic about that ? If yes, in which part of the forum ?

Good question.

You can start the topic here in the Digital Design forum, and then we can see how it evolves.

Oh, and speaking about ultra high realism, I just saw this. It's so good it's almost scary.

And it's in realtime.

Awesome! It was incredible to hear the lengths they've gone to to bring the mesh "to life" :classic:

Edited by Blip

AMD too, years ago, trotted out the "

" technology and the impressive Ruby photorealistic real time