The ubiquitous question of Series 10: "Where is Mr. Gold?" The answer is here. On this thread. This topic is exclusively for recording all of the Mr. Gold findings you can find, and give details. As the USA does not have a "gold tracking" feature on their Minifigures website, I think it would be nice to list them here. At the end of your posts, leave the current total of findings once you contribute! Mr. Gold has been found, but no one know exactly how many times. Here is the place to keep track of the elusive chrome minifigure....

There are a few going for like $600, lol. I hope that's just people bidding insanely as a joke.

That thing looks really easy to make counterfeits of, provided you have a friend in a print shop or have the equipment. Grab a can of Alclad and go to work pumping them out :tongue: You invest a few bucks making them and get $600 for it, I call that smart business.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Sorry for "resurrecting" of kind of old topic, but...

Probably many of us saw Jason's video at BrickShowTV about a person who managedto collect two "super rare" Mr. Gold figures...

However i've never heard of a person acquired three of this kind before, so...

...So, i think i'm the first to manage to find three Mr. Gold figures, only one of them is opened so far.

I lost interest as soon as I realised he'd be chromed. There's no chrome gold in my city only pearl gold. If Mr. Gold had been pearl Gold i might have gone looking and used him as a statue if I found him. But as he's chromed he's of no use or interest to me. About as appealing as a minifigure with a convention venue and date printed on the back. Or a minifigure glued to a magnet. Useless.

Probably one of possible Mr. Gold application is being a copy of Moist von Lupwig of Terry Pratchett's "Going Postal"

And, looking at the aftermarket, people are still interested in getting this 161st figure to complete their collections - probably the only reason Mr. Gold exists.

I lost interest as soon as I realised he'd be chromed. There's no chrome gold in my city only pearl gold. If Mr. Gold had been pearl Gold i might have gone looking and used him as a statue if I found him. But as he's chromed he's of no use or interest to me. About as appealing as a minifigure with a convention venue and date printed on the back. Or a minifigure glued to a magnet. Useless.

This sums up my exact thoughts.

I dislike promotions like "Mr. Gold" when it comes to collectibles. All it does is create a secondary market and allows people to take advantage of others who "have to have it." Also, since you can feel the packs, it really isn't that much of a mystery as to where Mr. Gold is. If you're persistent, you can find him and bag a quick $600+ on ebay.

I'm trying to collect all of the minifigures, but I'm not going to be upset if I don't find a Mr. Gold. I consider him an "extra"; as long as I have the main 16 figures of each set I'm happy.

Yeah, can someone lock this topic? I realize that this was really unnecessary.

Ok, done!