Sign in to follow this  
Bytor

Castle [MOC]

So this is one of my castles from a while ago (a long time ago) its supposed to fit in with the Fantasy Era sets. Its not really that great but that's okay. It has a working portcullis which can be raised/lowered from the upper deck. After being raised it can be held in place by a peg. I need to take it apart because i need the pieces for another model i'm building now. I would like to buy the pieces but as many of you know, money does not grow on trees. Anyways, if you guys want to give me some feed back that would be cool. Also, i know i made a mistake on the back portion of the castle but to keep the symmetry of the arches on the ends of the back, i over looked it. So avoid pointing that out... it will just make me feel worse about it :P.

Thank you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93119516@N07/sets/72157632919577258/

post-38124-0-81867300-1362452472.jpg

post-38124-0-81072900-1362452476.jpg

post-38124-0-75153900-1362452479.jpg

post-38124-0-34672000-1362452515.jpg

post-38124-0-03812600-1362452578.jpg

As you said, it's okay, but not great. I think you could have managed to make it look not so grey. You add more detail to the walls to make them not so bla. But on a good note, you have a great basic foundation. :wink:

I like it, the arches make it look like a stronghold for a wealthy man. One suggestion thought, put in minifigs. That way your castle will com more to life! Keep up the good work.

It looks great, but you might include some minifigs, that would look more awesome. But, overall, a nice castle.

Hey guys thanks again for the support.

ManInATopHat, yeah It has a working portcullis which can be raised/lowered from the upper deck, the chain works and i made it so a mini figure could turn the winch. When it's raised it can be held in place so it doesn't decapitate a figure entering :P