Werlu Ulcur

New vs Old gunship

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I know we haven't seen many pics of the new Republic Gunship, but compared to the older 2008's #7676, will it be significantly better? I mean, will it be better to the point that it's worth getting even if you already have a #7676?

For those who missed out on the first two Gunships well have reason, as well as

it includes the bubble turrets and a more acurate interior.I think the core my be the

same but it as more little tweaks, stuff that justifies it in my mind!

I cant decide which one is better. The new RGS have really nice details, especially the new cockpit area, but the bubble cannons are awful on the sides and on the wings as well, the wing turrets are not not manned by troopers in each, they are controlled by the co-pilot in the 2nd cocpit at the front of the ship, so they should mada them with 2 half spheres... I have to say ,I would easily replace the bubbles with the panels on the 7676, making the RGS fully sealable. It looked cooler, and I also miss the stickers with the twi'lek girl in clone armor :classic:

But since I dont own the 7676 I buy the new one then let the MOCing begin.

The lateral bubble turrets are not controled by indivual gunners? :sceptic:

That's exactly what I was looking forward to, since the #7676 doesn't have that feature.

The lateral ones are definitely controlled by clone gunners. I think he means the ones built into the wings.

I think that the new Gunship is better. The slopes on the top of the ship are much more accurate than 7676. Also the figures alone make this set incredible all of them but the Superbattle droids are Exculsive.

The wings on 7676 are very unstable and this new version seems to have improved it. Also 7676 wasn't easy to move and swoosh about. The handle on the new one, while looking out of place makes it easier to move.

The Gunship is one of my all time favourite SW ships, and I'm so pleased we're getting a new one.

The only good things of 7676 that the 2013 one doesn´t have are noseart and the fully sealable back.

I can live without the noseart and I don´t like how the doors are going to both sides. I prefer the single door that they had in the "Clone Wars" microseries.

2013 just improves the design in small details.

The cockpits are bubbles instead of whatever the JSF cockpit form is called.

Bubble turrets for those that liked them.

The ground in the back is even and completely with studs opposed to the weird smooth grid from all the other Laatys.

The lasers in the front have extra pieces so that only the ball part is moving and not the hinge (this thing).

They are only small details IMO but that combined with the bunch of new figures I sold my old Gunship with a few old Phase 2 clone tards on Ebay and got 126 bucks out of the deal. Enough to buy the new version.

The lateral ones are definitely controlled by clone gunners. I think he means the ones built into the wings.

Yes I meant those in the wings. Sorry for my english :blush:

I'm personally not going to get either. I'm not that big of a fan of the Gunship.

I personally love both, but the new one is a bit better, as it has updated parts. Both could do with more generic figs, but as far as the ship itself goes, they're both great. I know the 2008 version was a fun mod project, so I'm sure that this new one will be too.

The wings on 7676 are very unstable and this new version seems to have improved it. Also 7676 wasn't easy to move and swoosh about. The handle on the new one, while looking out of place makes it easier to move.

This, and the fact it has manned guns on the sides, will make it hard to resist for me :blush:. I don't know, if it's all that I might even sell my 7676 - I like the ship, but not enough to have two.

I like the general ship, but the price is more than I'm willing to pay for it.

I like the general ship, but the price is more than I'm willing to pay for it.

I have to agree with that. :laugh: As for which one I prefer, I like the new one just a tiny bit better. I like how the old one had decals which made it have a more militaristic feel, but the new one looks more like the one we are all more familiar with, with the bubble turrets, and a better designed cockpit.

I don´t think modding the 7676 with the new improved details would be so expensive. New cockpit area, white slopes on top, front guns and stronger wings all seems to be affordable pieces. I really like the noseart and take a look at the stickersheet aftermarket prices on Bricklink, they are insane. I´ll keep my 7676 but will probably buy the new one aswell. The Laat is one of the few good things that came out of the Prequel trilogy. Almost makes me forgive them for Jar-Jar :laugh:

I never had a RGS so, i'm excited about getting at least two of these new ones. One I will build for myself, then dive right into mods after I've studied it on my shelf for long enough. The others will be kept for investments.

I'm just happy to be getting another RGS. I regret only buying one 7676. I'll have to wait to pass final judgement once I get 75021 in front of me. But, just given the way that LEGO designs, for the most part, have progressed I think 75021 will surpass 7676.

I have the 2008 version and am content with it. The 2013 one has some improvements, but not enough to make me want to upgrade. If I didn't have the 2008 version, the 2013 one would be a must-have.

But that's just I. I rarely buy two different versions if the same ship [at the same scale]

I am a huge fan of the LAAT/i and I own the 2008 version. While I have to admit the new one looks tempting, several things about the old one is better.

pros

- fully sealed (looks more intimidating)

- no side turrets (they just don't look good on the new one)

- Twilek nose art

- no handle but cool little drones (only kids need a handle)

cons

- cockpit on 2013 model looks better and seems more stable

- figures are better on the new one

With a few changes the 7676 is a really great model and I personally think the new one looks a little too 'open' and not really like an awesome 'gunship'.

No. There are some slight improvements on the new one but definitely not something to replace 7676. The new on looks really bare. In fact I'm planning on taking out the side turrets and put on doors.

7676 looks really good in these images:

gunshipclone5.jpg

gunshipclone1.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the new Republic Gunship. I missed out on the two earlier releases so this will be first chance to get one. It is an expensive set but I really love the minifigures. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme are awesome. I've heard that some people don't really like some of the details on these minifigures.

I'm really looking forward to the new Republic Gunship. I missed out on the two earlier releases so this will be first chance to get one. It is an expensive set but I really love the minifigures. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme are awesome. I've heard that some people don't really like some of the details on these minifigures.

I'm I'm the same boat. This'll be my first chance to get one new. However, I MUCH prefer the CW Anakin and Obi. The Padme does look great though!

I honestly would be happy to own any of the three gunships; all of them have their own charm. But if I was to pick, I'd go for he 2013 one, just cos it comes with the clone captain.