Sign in to follow this  
Nicklord

Forklift moc, progress and question

So after my first moc I tried to build something more difficult like forklift.

I have this so far. You can completely ignore desegin cause after I build it I realised how silly it looks :laugh: I'll change it completely.but I shared it with you. I have no shame :grin:

dsc00902us.jpg

This is forklift mechanism. I was wondering if there is some easier way to do this? This thing work but it's not quite good. It makes a lot noise and it doesn't look good.

dsc00904zr.jpg

It's a good attempt at making a forklift.

You may want to study some of the building techniques below on how to add strength to your creations,the top part has no bracing so the gears are going to pull out once they are put under pressure.

bracing_zps2eb91bfb-1_zps23cb3ad1.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Pretty good, but you should definitely change that ridiculous gear train on the mast. My recommendation is to turn the gear rack around, so it is on the same side as the drive motor, that way you would only need one drive shaft, and 2 perpendicular connections to lift it, rather than your existing setup. Or, you could mount the motor on the mast itself, as it is best if you minimize the distance the power needs to travel.

I couldn't fix the looks so it actually looks like forklift so I decided to build it smaller. I rebuilded it from the beginning. It didn't fell apart when it lifted battery box with batteries and v12 motor. It has working V6 motor (just to try different technique) You can steer with this steering wheel. I hope you like it :grin: Any ideas for next moc?

dsc00920jj.jpg

dsc00921em.jpg

You might want to take a look at the forklift LEGO made, (set number 8416), because your forklift mechanism is kind of backwards... Download the instructions for the set and study it because it will give you some building ideas...

You might want to take a look at the forklift LEGO made, (set number 8416), because your forklift mechanism is kind of backwards... Download the instructions for the set and study it because it will give you some building ideas...

True but I don't think he minds too much...he is just starting out after all. :wink:

:thumbup: Nice start.

Forklifts often have rear-wheel steering, so maybe try that in your next version.

:thumbup: Nice start.

Forklifts often have rear-wheel steering, so maybe try that in your next version.

Often but not always.. :classic:

please find an example then, because i have never seen one before. :wink:

Link....ok its a tractor but some of the early machinery would of had front wheel steering.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan