Sign in to follow this  
Nachapon Lego

Mecabricks new & custom parts

Your going to have to forgive me here, but what is the point of making 'mass produced' custom pieces that are in cad but have not been made by Lego in real life yet?

Surely one of the fun challenges of building with Lego is that the part that you may wish to use has not been made yet.

So you need to choose another part,this in turn makes you a better builder. :classic:

Your going to have to forgive me here, but what is the point of making 'mass produced' custom pieces that are in cad but have not been made by Lego in real life yet?

Surely one of the fun challenges of building with Lego is that the part that you may wish to use has not been made yet.

So you need to choose another part,this in turn makes you a better builder. :classic:

Thanks for the comment.

It is no limit in virtual world, so why we limit ourselves ? Besides, how know some of this part will not be come real in future?

I am going to make water slide series next. One of them is official part.

8465918312_dd4ec8936d_c.jpg

It is a good idea to add a 1x4 plate there. :) by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Maybe it would better to use personalized design id, to avoid overlapping with future TLG ones.

Peeron for example uses the "x" prefix for unofficial design ids. A specific letter could distinguish a specific kind of bricks (C = custom, M = MegaBlocks, etc...)

Maybe it would better to use personalized design id, to avoid overlapping with future TLG ones.

Peeron for example uses the "x" prefix for unofficial design ids. A specific letter could distinguish a specific kind of bricks (C = custom, M = MegaBlocks, etc...)

There aren't any design id in Mecabricks.

I agree that if not exactry same mean custom. edit: Maybe in case no TLG one yet, a very similar custom should show in both categories?

If some one show me a pic link of bottom side of the slide. I will try to model the same.

After test with 41008-1: Heartlake City Pool. I found that the 1x4 plate of the slide should be one plate higher. :cry_sad:

8493807077_741e58bee5_z.jpg

Mecabricks Friends slide 2 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Oups! I don't have this part either so I wasn't able to check it.

If you wish to modify the slide model to make it as per the official part, email it to me and I will include the new model.

I also made an update to the part library. There is now a checkbox under the part list that you can tick or untick to display or not the customs parts.

e.g. in the Bricks - Sloping category where there are 3 customs parts from bbqqq.

There are actually IDs in mecabricks. I try as much as possible to stick to the lego design ID. It's not displayed but it exists. Try to look for a Design ID (e.g. 3003 for a 2X2 brick) in the search field and you'll see that the part will be found.

The IDs of the custom parts will now start with a 'c'. The first 3 parts that bbqqq has made are c1, c2 & c3.

@Nachapon, if you model official lego sets and want to make them public, there is a special feature in the workshop. Go to the properties window and under Type, select official set in the list. Then enter the set reference and click on the magnifier on the left or press enter. All the information about the set will be retrieved from brickset and i'll be able to handle it as an official set to add it in the index that I maintain.

ss2.png

Edited by Scrubs