Recently I order about 16 extra Uruk-hai off of BrickLink. After receiving my order I noticed all the armored chest plates all had a funky mark in them. I am not entirely sure what it is.. a defect in the mold, a stress mark, or something else? At first I was a little concerned I might of gotten a bad lot off BrickLink so I decided to turn to Lego's store and order replacement chest pieces. Well, after getting my order from them today I noticed they have the SAME mark on every one of the "replacement" chest pieces! I would think this is how they are meant to be made if not for the fact NONE of my older Uruk-hai chest pieces (around ~80) don't have the marking at all. I

s this a newer mold making this mark? Is it because it's being shipped in the cold? Does anyone have any idea what's causing it? I find it odd it's only in the one spot on every chest piece and literally every one has the mark where as none of my older Uruk-hai did. Below are two pictures for comparison (sorry for the poor quality, was taken with my phone), the first are the good chest plates with no mark, the second chest is one of the werid distress mark ones.

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

this is not damaged, this is f***** lego quality.

if i buy at Bricklink or at Lego store, all of my armors had this mark in the chest :thumbdown:

That's the thing though, NONE of my breastplates have had it before I got the BrickLink and Lego orders. That's over 80 pieces without it and now suddenly they are popping up. I have nothing else to go by since I was in my dark ages before the Lego LotR/Hobbit sets came out but I even checked all my Uruk-hai and none had this armor issue until now.

I just found it really odd literally none of my pieces had this issue, and now suddenly every piece I get seems to have it. So it' is a common issue though, eh? I also found it really weird it was only on the right side (minifigure's left). Do we know what causes it, and is it preventable? Or is it just a flaw with the manufacturing/plastic?

i have 51 uruk hai and all of them have the "damaged" armor :cry_sad:

all my knights that i have collected before, have no issue.

i think this problem is since Lotro ????

I'll have to take a look when I get home. But if all of mine have it, I've never noticed it. I guess I'm not that particular. But I'll have to look at my older 90s armors and then the new LOTR armors to see if anything looks different. I'm sure it could be where the mold is. Maybe they had to replace something mid-production. It's like clear pane windows sometimes have this weird ovoid stress mark in one spot and others have it in the center of the pane. I'm sure it all has to do with the molding process.

I really don't see the issue with this. I had never noticed it before I read this thread, and it doesn't seem to affect the strength of the piece, so I think we're all making a mountain out of a molehill.

~Dwarf

Damaged? I think not!! Maybe thats just how they mold them now cause i have the helm's deep set and that "mark" is present on all but really i couldn't be less bothered!!! It is obvious that it doesn't cause any problems with the armour so really it doesn't really warrant concern. In fact i thought that it was just a new curved feel to them lego was introducing! :classic:

Whoah! I never noticed! I grabbed 5 armor pieces and 4 of them had the mark! Only one didn't. Thanks for pointing this out!

Weird, but I would assume it's normal if Lego and BrickLink both gave you defective parts. New hold or something rather, I suppose.

Edited by ManInATopHat

Weird, but I would assume it's normal if Lego and BrickLink both gave you defective parts. New hold or something rather, I suppose.

The thing is, one of mine didn't have the mark. So I don't know what's going on.

The thing is, one of mine didn't have the mark. So I don't know what's going on.

That's the thing, some of mine have it while others do not.

All of the Urak Hai Polybags in the Sun promotion I got had this mark. I didn't mind too much as they were so cheap. None of the other armour breastplates I have, have this mark.

Most of mine have this casting mix flaw, I noticed it right out of the box... Lego only "mostly" the best these days.

My biggest complaint is still the chrome gold parts on the box, then my parts are pearl gold.....

I have to remind myself every time I find these issues that its a plastic toy. Curse you O.C.D!

I have around 15 of these pieces, and it seems that when the LOTR sets were first released, they are fine, its just the most recent LOTR sets seem to have them.

it is nothing to worry about, I assume this is just how they turn out from a certain machine or soemthing.

All of my armor from everthing from PoP and PotC on is flawless besides one or two printing issues. I have over a hundred and none have this. I've gotten some LotR recently and they are flawless. I would be calling customer service if I was you.

All of mine have this.

its not like its broken...

I too had this problem with my helms deep figures, and uruk hai and ballista promotions.I let it pass as 'battle damage', but still, this is dissapointing quality.

All of mine except 1 have these.

Bought the entire 2012 wave when it came out, and bought 1 extra 9471 in september 2012

Edited by SheepEater