Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Regarding this villain, if he is meant to be Von Nebula, TLG are milking the Black Phantom helmet way too much. First it was BP, and then Voltix and Speeda demon in the same wave, and now this! It's crazy, but I could be wrong, and that could be BP.

Atamaii's coverage on the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Just a few new pictures of the new sets and demonstrastions of mechanisms. I'm disappointed that they still haven't shown Jet Rocka's wings fully open - I can't truely judge the set till I've seen it.

I wonder how they do that self-moving mechanism on Dragon Bolt and Rocka, its pretty cool. Edited by Nike2032

Probably just some stop-motion camera techniques.

I'm liking Stormer and Frost Beast a little better after this, but still kind of on the fence. Frost Beast, at least, looks to do some interesting things with its build.

Probably just some stop-motion camera techniques.

I'm liking Stormer and Frost Beast a little better after this, but still kind of on the fence. Frost Beast, at least, looks to do some interesting things with its build.

No, they actually do motorize certain sets for Toy Fair in Nuremberg. While New York Toy Fair gets the most thorough press coverage, the LEGO displays in Nuremberg are full of excellent displays-- one of the Chima displays, for instance, has an actual waterfall behind the sets.

The motorized sets usually have a stiff wire or something similar attached from underneath, kind of like the displays you sometimes see at Target and Toys 'R' Us. A motor causes the wire to move up and down which in turn operates the sets' functions.

Love the printing on Stormer and Surge's visors, but it's looking a little bit misaligned to the masks underneath. Hopefully the final sets are better about that. Stormer and Surge also both have back armor, though there's still a significant gap between the back armor and the rest of the torso (at least on Stormer).

Nice to see that Surge and Stormer have completely different prints on their visors, and I'm amazed at how they manage to fit some mindstorms into Dragon Bolt.

I must ask though, why does Surge have printing? It seems to me that printing on the visors shows off status. Stormer and Furno I can understand, but why Surge? Was it the Core Hunter incident.

Also, Surge went evil (albeit unwillingly), big surprise there (not really). He always knew it would happen someday.

Jet Rocka is really growing on me, the red axles and blue pins are annoying as ever but the Jet looks much sleeker now for some reason.

Stormer is using a silver MTIS on his back, I was fearing he would've been bare-backed like, say Breakout Furno. Still very cool set.

Surge is sexy as usual, though I go feel the dark bley, yellow and tr. blue should go away. A good set with too many colours- like..Breakout Furno.

I'm really liking Frost Beast, he looks a lot more appealing than Pyrox. Its torso look creative, but the shoulder area looks unfinished.

Dragon Bolt uses a XT4 torso for its neck. Clever!

The printed visors are oh-so-stylish. Each one has its unique look!

Looking at Aquagon again, looks like the new head is indeed tr. blue and not Stormer's eye colour.

Seems like we'll have to wait till 2014 for a tr. orange new head.

Nice to see that Surge and Stormer have completely different prints on their visors, and I'm amazed at how they manage to fit some mindstorms into Dragon Bolt.

I must ask though, why does Surge have printing? It seems to me that printing on the visors shows off status. Stormer and Furno I can understand, but why Surge? Was it the Core Hunter incident.

Also, Surge went evil (albeit unwillingly), big surprise there (not really). He always knew it would happen someday.

The printing for Stormer, Furno, and Surge has nothing to do with the story, as far as I can tell. The only reason the others don't have printing is that none of the small ($9.99) Hero sets have printed visors.

There are no Power Functions or Mindstorms components in Dragon Bolt or Jet Rocka — the real sets are not in fact motorized. The motorized functions are a part of the display, with the motors and power supply hidden beneath the display area. It's a common feature of LEGO displays at Nuremberg Toy Fair; some of the Ninjago and Chima sets on display also have simple animatronic functions to show off their features. See

starting at 3:14 for several examples. At 3:31 you can see an example of a motorized arm rising through a hole in the display table underneath Laval's Royal Fighter.

And to be honest, no, I didn't expect Surge to turn evil, because frankly the point of that attribute of his personality was to make him question himself, not to suggest that he actually had evil impulses. His principal character trait is his self-doubt, and it has been addressed in both Ordeal of Fire and The Doom Box. This may be meant as another phase in his development, in that he might end up having to find the willpower within himself to overcome the brain's mind-control, but it's far from an inevitable one, since any chances of him going bad by his own volition have been thoroughly dispelled by his previous character development and growing self-confidence.

Edited by Aanchir

Until now, I didn't even realize Surge was using a MTIS on his back (since nearly everyone on the show uses MTIS as back armour).

The MTIS goes really well with the Brain Attack torso. It looks like they're one thing, as the small "wings" on the MTIS fill out the empty shoulders/neck area.

However great the new sets look, I'm focused on getting one of the first wave sets.. first.

I'm stuck between Breez and Bulk, both of whom are available at a store near me. Rocka, strangely, isn't.

I'm not sure which to get- both have elements I like, don't have, and/or need. Both are interesting characters, and it's hard for me to choose. And.. I can only get one D:

Which do you think I should purchase?

Just bought Furno XL today, he is amazing. I'll need to beef up his backpack a bit, but his cape does a good job in hiding whatever flaws his back may have.

As for the summer sets - both Surge and Stormer look better than ever. Dragon Bolt is starting to look a bit meh - wish Lego had given him a blue Hero foot for a lower jaw, rather than a silver one. The Technic L beam doesn't look so bad now, though.

However great the new sets look, I'm focused on getting one of the first wave sets.. first.

I'm stuck between Breez and Bulk, both of whom are available at a store near me. Rocka, strangely, isn't.

I'm not sure which to get- both have elements I like, don't have, and/or need. Both are interesting characters, and it's hard for me to choose. And.. I can only get one D:

Well, if I was giving you an honest recommendation based on the sets I own, I'd say shoot for a villain. All four of them are spectacular IMO, even Scarox (though to a much lesser degree).

If I was recommending a hero, I would STILL say skip both of them in favor of Furno XL, or if he's not available, Rocka. Seeing as that isn't an option...

As far as Bulk and Breez go, they're the only two sets I do not own, so my opinion really doesn't mean much. But it seems to me, based on what I've seen, that Breez is the more solid set, whereas Bulk has some very nifty recolors on him. My personal preference dictates shoot for Breez unless you're a hardcore MoCist and want pieces you can't get elsewhere. :P

Just bought Furno XL today, he is amazing. I'll need to beef up his backpack a bit, but his cape does a good job in hiding whatever flaws his back may have.

As for the summer sets - both Surge and Stormer look better than ever. Dragon Bolt is starting to look a bit meh - wish Lego had given him a blue Hero foot for a lower jaw, rather than a silver one. The Technic L beam doesn't look so bad now, though.

Glad you enjoy Furno XL; when I got him he impressed me to no end, especially considering I had such a negative opinion of the set beforehand. One of my favorite HF sets released thus far, to be honest.

New sets look pretty amazing in that video - loving Dragon Bolt's construction. Frost Beast and Jet Rocka both look quite a good bit better. Getting excited for the summer already. :D

Edited by Mesonak

I haven't been lucky enough to find Breez or Bulk anywhere. I found a retailer's catalog online that suggests they're only being made available to retailers as a pack with several of each set, and I'm not sure whether the stores I've checked just chose not to stock those two sets at all or whether they've sold like hotcakes.

Personally, I'd recommend one of the larger sets. Ogrum was a fantastic buy in my opinion. But failing that, either Breez or Bulk would be a good buy since they have some great parts in great colors. I'm gonna recommend Breez out of personal preference.

They are out in Singapore already!?!? I was there on holidays a couple weeks ago and they had none! Now I have to wait another month here!

Edited by howie28

Anyone notice on the full image of Aquagon in the video that he has a tail. You can see his two swords staff things and then another silver bit behind him. Also, by the looks of the episode images, we finally get to see the evil part of Surge kind of.

Edited by Cahillrebel

What do you guys think of Stormer's half-shield thing? It looks really odd to me, wish they had given him a full shield instead.

Glad you enjoy Furno XL; when I got him he impressed me to no end, especially considering I had such a negative opinion of the set beforehand. One of my favorite HF sets released thus far, to be honest.

Agreed, he's one of my favourite HF sets of all time. Once I fix his back he'll be perfect. His shield is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but his sword is much larger than I thought, and looks incredible as well.

They are out in Singapore already!?!? I was there on holidays a couple weeks ago and they had none! Now I have to wait another month here!

They just hit Singapore a couple of days ago!

Anyone notice on the full image of Aquagon in the video that he has a tail. You can see his two swords staff things and then another silver bit behind him. Also, by the looks of the episode images, we finally get to see the evil part of Surge kind of.

I checked it out, Its the gray piece used for Breez's weapon. Also the same bottom piece on Aquagon's weapon

The episode(even that I didn't understood one word) was really dissapointing, well, at least what It has been till now because I was hoping to be more story and/or action, etc...you know....

Edited by Xeros610

I checked it out, Its the gray piece used for Breez's weapon. Also the same bottom piece on Aquagon's weapon

Isn't it just functioning as the brain slug tail holder, like all the villains have?

God, if only the internet worked this way. Seriously, how great would it be if we could skip this whole photohosting nonsense?

Edited by Dorek

here is frost beast (cute version!!!)

frosty.jpg

So adorable!!mhmm... cute

This is my opinion of Aquagon

DD.gif

Edited by Xeros610

Just finished the episode. I do think that it felt lacking, but it was fun to... Watch. I couldn't understand anything but it was fun nonetheless. There were some really awesome moments like

Surge petting the Brain.

Breez trying to recover her friend.

Dragon Bolt actually giving a fight before getting transformed.

Overall, right now it's a 8/10 episode. But I wonder if there'll be another Brain Attack episode? Or will it end in that ugly cliffhanger?

Dragon Bolt looks much bulkier. That's one point it scores over the animated version already. Secondly, the fact that it uses an XT4 torso gives it extra part value. I'm also warming up to it's head, with that cool thick bit at the end, which I have no idea how else to describe. The darker lower jaw works really well. I might actually skip customization, since I'm warming up to the wing design as well.

I'm starting to think Jet Rocka (can't wait until someone makes a silly abbreviation) could look pretty great with the wings spread.

Even though the shot is blurry, this video makes the Frost Beast look much better. Seems a little happy about being infected though.

Also, Aquagon's mouth doesn't look so glaringly huge now. Much better.

Surge has got to be one of my favorite medium-small size sets ever. Kind of disappointed that the shells on his lower arms are trans-neon instead of trans-dark green, but that was wishful thinking anyway. The back armor is practically double, using both my favorite method of the well-placed MTIS as well as wings.

Evo, while being sillily posed looks fantastic.

All the white on Stormer works really well with this new Hero Core, especially with the gunmetal armor to even it out a bit. His weapons and visor printing look awesome.

It seems LEGO is trying to give the pre-infection villains a very definite cute look. First the adorable Pyrox lava puppy, then this innocent looking humanoid creature that slightly reminds me of a husky.

Oh, and shouldn't all of the show discussion use spoiler tags?

It seems Breeze never actually got the Breakout upgrade in the canon. Well, at least that explains one thing.

Edited by DraikNova