Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Lego Designer: Gate of Minas Tirith

A downscaled version of Minas Tirith's gate and outer wall i made in lego Designer. If TLC intend to make the gate a set, I think this is about the size and scale it would be.

gateofmtcopy_zps99f8b628.jpg

Edited by Steven

That looks awesome. I love the Doors. After seeing this, I might try my hand at Minas Tirith in LDD.

Quite nice, but the middle part with the doors cannot be that high.

I would ditch the gold round things, the smalle blue titles, and extended the green bits one stud more towards the edges.

Very nice! The crenellations on the wall look simple but attractive - perhaps you could vary the textures of the wall segments, though?

Neat build. I actually was planning on doing something similar with the inverted slopes and making that little part of the wall stand out to help break it up. But I wasn't going to build Minas Tirith, it was for another project. Now I can see it with my own eyes that it does look good.

Keep up the good work. Now to finish the rest of the city. :wink:

But about the Gate resistance still was stout, and there the knights of Dol Amroth and the hardiest of the garrison stood at bay. Shot and dart fell thick; siege-towers crashed or blazed suddenly like torches. All before the walls on either side of the Gate the ground was choked with wreck and with bodies of the slain; yet still driven as by a madness more and more came up.

Grond crawled on.

Ready for the Wolf's Head I'd say :devil: