Darkblane

FAPC: Dogs of War

Dogs of War

Commander Canaan looked out across the barren landscape from the top of his Havoc MK1 tank. It had taken almost two weeks to cross this region, known locally as the "Desert of Bones", but at last the enemy were in sight. During that time he'd heard no complaints from his dog soldiers, but then again, they were mercenaries and mercenaries weren't paid to complain.

8426932977_32db9404f5_c.jpg

8426932415_09bd81180d_c.jpg

8426930701_53927f2d5e_c.jpg

Check out the full set on Flickr for more photos and alternative angles.

Love the tank and the backpacks on the dogs are great :thumbup:

Very nice landscape too, one of my favorite entries yet :classic:

HEEEEE

I love a good pun.

Great execution! The little tank is adorable (like the doggies!)

And I really like the simplicity of the base, it's got just enough detail but really stylized simplicity.

Though the black antenna might have been a poor choice - as you can't see it - dark bley might have been slightly better :wink:

I think I know where the desert's bones went. And is that by any chance a drool cannon :drool:?

Seriously though, a great MOC.

Edited by DraikNova

Though the black antenna might have been a poor choice - as you can't see it - dark bley might have been slightly better :wink:

Yeah, in hindsight, I realised this after I'd finished taking the photos. I think the black antenna works better than a dark bley one when the vignette is displayed normally (as it constrasts with the dark bley section to which it's attached), but photographed on black it doesn't show up very well at all.

Originally I'd intended to photograph it on a sand colored background, but the background color was too close to the dark tan of the base. It's always difficult to choose a perfect background color as whatever you choose there always seems to be at least one part that conflicts with it (and I do like photographing on black as it gives some really nice reflections).