Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Through smoke & flames......

LT, this truck looks awesome!

The frontend is beautiful, the sticker did its job.

You're the man! :thumbup:

Thanks 'monsinjor', I need to produce the yellow/orange candy striping on the truck......convert a few forest fire fighters over to CFS ones....easy make a CFS sticker to go over the Lego fire symbol ! :wink:

Keep watching next week everyone ! :classic:

Why has the fire fighter got no clothes on? :blush:

I have seen picture on the news over here,and it does not look good.....

I suspect that they will be digging long trenches in the ground to act as a barrier to the flames.

I'm using forest fire fighters ! :grin:

Our bushfire season has just started and there is more hot weather coming over the next two weeks.

Trenches...no, back-burning....yes......plus prayer ! :sadnew:

Keep watching everyone.

Why has the fire fighter got no clothes on? :blush:

The minifigure although appears to be naked, but is wearing the CFS Bush Firefighters "Overalls" Uniform. It is just plain yellow as opposed to the marking on the lego forest firefighters kit.

Let's see now......

Real CFS uniform.....

uniform_bushfire.gif

Lego forest fire fighter....

cty286.jpg

Closest thing eh ?

Keep watching.....more to come ! :wink:

Heh...did you use a strong flash, or is the Fireman wearing yellow? My initial thought was that from that angle, the fireman looks...naked? (Well, except the glove and the hat.) Maybe turn the angle so we can see his uniform a little better, or zoom in and hold the camera further back so the orange doesn't look so yellow.

Cute little diorama otherwise. Maybe you could add some orange 1 x 1 round studs to give the appearance of hot ash on the ground?

More cab work done.....still needs it's back and that water pump.....time

I still must put hand rails on the sides of the cab.....plus more 1x1 white bricks....oops.....now that pump....oh, well I like a challenge.....suggestions ?

It looks great. The only suggestion I would offer is to try and find a way to do some representation of that push bar assembly on the front of the truck. It's really the thing that differentiates a nice clean city streets type fire truck from one designed to go fight the types of brush fires you are experiencing. It's a simple little detail that changes the nature of the truck.

This looks really nice

I think the uniform is a pretty close match.

Prayers for y'all down there.

Nice tribute and that truck looks great!! (I really like the shape of the orange lights on the front!)

Let's see now......

Real CFS uniform.....

Lego forest fire fighter....

Closest thing eh ?

Keep watching.....more to come ! :wink:

Yeh LT I agree with the simialrities there with the Lego forest firefighter but I thought yours was maybe resembling this!

australia-fire_1293673c.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everyone, actually the molded bull-bar I was thinking about but I feel impossible to do.....maybe a simple bull-bar like the one used on the forest police dog van perhaps. :blush:

Keep watching tomorrow......I'll try and have the trimming done to the truck so it will look like a CFS truck. :wink:

Very nice! Looking forward to the next installment. Good luck to all "Down under"! Praying for a rapid resolution.

Andy D

Thanks for the feedback everyone, actually the molded bull-bar I was thinking about but I feel impossible to do.....maybe a simple bull-bar like the one used on the forest police dog van perhaps. :blush:

Keep watching tomorrow......I'll try and have the trimming done to the truck so it will look like a CFS truck. :wink:

Even a bull bar like the forest police van would set this truck off quite well.

Its a good bush truck you have made LT. I was wondering what it would look like, if you raised the position of the lockers, so that they were level with the wheel arches like the real one in the photo, just to give it that off road look?

Thanks 'Andy D' for your comments and you know 'scott' it's easy to do raising that section but I don't want to go to high so the minifigs can't get at equipment stored away there. :wink:

I used the 2010 fire station truck as a chassis base and built the whole new cab, etc., on top of it.

Keep watching.....something's might be changing ! :blush:

Thanks 'Andy D' for your comments and you know 'scott' it's easy to do raising that section but I don't want to go to high so the minifigs can't get at equipment stored away there. :wink:

I used the 2010 fire station truck as a chassis base and built the whole new cab, etc., on top of it.

Keep watching.....something's might be changing ! :blush:

Oh c'mon LT. Im sure your minifigs would reach. The repair guy from 3179 repair truck reaches his, but then again he isn't pulling out rolled up hose.

Keep up the good work and look forward to your updates. :classic:

That 2010 fire truck was just crying out to be changed IMO

Edited by scottwb2010

Yeah, you're right I'll look into it late night when the boss is asleep ! :laugh:

Updating with fresh photos tomorrow.....keep watching ! :wink:

Only the crew now.....

000000_cfs_truck_75.jpg000000_cfs_truck_78.jpg

I must wait now to buy a fresh ink jet cartridge so I can make the CFS tags for the backs of their uniforms. :blush:

A bull/roo bar I will still try and design....but I can't block the headlights though. :blush:

Keep watching ! :classic:

Thanks 'scott', it was quite easy to make the strip on the side of the truck.....now if people are wondering why there is a blank spot between the tank and pump assembly....that's so the crew can stand on top and fight the fire while the truck is slowly cruising though the danger zone. :wink:

Oops, I forgot I find and buy some cheap fire ATV's just for the torso and leg parts......better look for them today or tomorrow. :blush:

nice decals. Few pics of the cfs trucks below incl rear pics. As the appliances are 4wd the lockers need to be higher to prevent them being knowcked off when traversing rough ground.

DSC06332.JPG

Edited by coghilla

Thanks for the suggestion, but the height issue comparing my truck side on with the example you have posted.....the clearances look very similar.....perhaps a plate thickness maybe but might require a tyre change.

What does everyone else think ?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the height issue comparing my truck side on with the example you have posted.....the clearances look very similar.....perhaps a plate thickness maybe but might require a tyre change.

What does everyone else think ?

Would the same tyres that are used on 4208 Forest Fire Truck be an option or not for your truck LT. Might need a change of mudguard if you did. So option might be to raise it a plate or two.

Nice truck too Coghilla

As I haven't used wheel arches it does look higher. The rear is the standard height while the front is raised one plate (good spotting). The cabinets are standard height as other sets including 3179 repair truck http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3179-1

Also if you think that is high you should see the nsw RFS tankers. They are huge but are baed on the same truck chassis.