Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Conclusion: Still Alive

Posted. I'll take the pain meds now, that way the beatings won't hurt as much. :laugh:

I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many roles!!!

The abundance of roles combined with the 3 factions and the lunches sure made for a fun game!!!!!

I too had wondered who Jane had targetted but she was vig-killed, hence the no second-kill!

He would have become the doctor, taking over the protection portion of Cecilie's role if she had been killed. The block portion would be gone. That's the way I consider Jailkeeper, as one person doing two roles.

Clever. That added an extra layer of protection for Darth Potato pants.

So what happened on Night Two? Why was there no kill?

Jeezus Scuba, you acted like a total dick for your time here, just accept it and own up to it, and don't blame people for not liking it:

"Hey,

So I hurt your feelings during the game. Sorry about that. My attitude is putting you off, that's a problem.

You haven't hurt my feelings, don't worry. And I really don't care about joining your game, although it is an interesting concept. Point is, I have no hard feelings, you have, clearly. My attitude is a problem? I don't think it's my attitude that's the problem to be honest, I think it's something else entirely. Look, you don't have to like me, and I don't like you, I will say that right now. But we don't have to, and no one expects us to like each other. The thing is, we are going to play mafia together one way or the other. If we can't play nice and show that outside of directly the game, we inconvenience others. I bear no ill will, but I am not so sure you don't.

If you feel wronged, that's not how things were meant. Just don't be a baby about this, because that's what it feels like to me, kinda. I hope we can talk this out constructively, maybe tell me why and what to change about my "attitude"."

double post

If I get this correctly, had Amy been lynched/killed, the cult would have all died right? There was only one opportunity dor "succession" or would the role have kept being passed on?

Scum missed the night action deadline.

Say what??? *oh2* That's pretty sloppy. :sceptic: Sorry to say...

double post

If I get this correctly, had Amy been lynched/killed, the cult would have all died right? There was only one opportunity dor "succession" or would the role have kept being passed on?

That is correct.

So you're saying Zepher does not equal metagamer? :tongue:

You'll have to explain that one to me. Not saying it ain't so, but don't know how I was alive long enough to meta-game. :wink: Though perhaps we have different definitions of meta-gaming, which I've come to believe. And I did actually meta-game on day one by leaving you and Hincks alive. You hadn't gotten to play in the longest time, I told my team to not kill you.

Great game, DarkDragon! Lots of fun while alive, lots of fun to watch while dead. The scum team sort of had the short end of the stick (what was with ALL the investigators?!), but sometimes thats just how the cards fall, may not be a balance issue, may just be how things went.

I figured the cult would probably be doing pretty well. I also figured Oscar must be part of it (why wouldn't he be - bulletproofed, he HAD to be converted, it was only smart, and besides, I thought he might make more noise about it if not converted). Janitoring Shadows was unfortunate, because it didn't let the town know there was a cult soon enough. If only they'd killed a cult member... would have been a very different game.

Anyway, lots of fun to play and watch and be a part of. I love all my fellow players, look forward to the next one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

:cry_sad:

I took a six-month from EB mafia games for a number of reasons, and this was me testing the waters. So I was playing, but I wasn't setting my alarm clock early to check the threads and update everything. And that's a lot of the reason I had fun. I participated, without getting over involved.

If I'd gotten over-invovled (as I have in the past :blush: ) I'd have a different mood now :laugh: Honestly, I enjoyed this game. I was the baby bear... Not too hot, not too cold, just right...

Explain the traitor deal to me. What was your setup? What was your win condition?

The set-up was that I was a scum, but seperated from the other scum by the notion that I could (read allowed) only contact Darthpotato. My winning condition was the same as the other scum. I had no night action, but if I was investigated, I would turn up town. I could also be indoctrinated which made me a scum that could talk to my teammates, but I would be a vanilla scum with normal investigations.

If only they'd killed a cult member... would have been a very different game.

:laugh: It's hard to kill a Cult member when you keep getting blocked. :blush:

That is correct.

So town/scum win was a lottery, since they weren't looking for a cult leader, whatsoever :sceptic:

Great game, DarkDragon! Lots of fun while alive, lots of fun to watch while dead. The scum team sort of had the short end of the stick (what was with ALL the investigators?!), but sometimes thats just how the cards fall, may not be a balance issue, may just be how things went.

Verify verify verify! :laugh: With the scum (and a traitor) and a cult, the town needed ways to verify and it needed to be spread out.

RE Hinck: I really didn't expect him to go announcing he was bulleproof, expcially since he knew it was only one-shot. :laugh: And then I thought for sure you guys would have investigated him somehow again on day three after he was converted but nobody actually did, which was pretty funny. It's so interesting how things work out when all the people start playing.

If only they'd killed a cult member... would have been a very different game.

I was so surprised that A)not one cult member was killed except the Shadows lynch and B)even when people were thinking "maybe there is a cult" and "we should work together", the scum and town didn't at all.

RE Hinck: I really didn't expect him to go announcing he was bulleproof, expcially since he knew it was only one-shot. :laugh: And then I thought for sure you guys would have investigated him somehow again on day three after he was converted but nobody actually did, which was pretty funny. It's so interesting how things work out when all the people start playing.

There was no need to investigate a player who had led solid lynches, when at the same time, there was little chance of a cult. It was not sloppy play on the side of town... Would you have investigated him on day four?

Might I remind you that you lost as well. :wink:

I survived and frankly, Win or lose I don't really care, I had fun and I am not in it to win per-se, the experience for me was worth it.

So in my glass-half-full mind, I won; I won experience, I got to play closely with great mafia players and see their styles and approaches from a front row seat; that was invaluable!

The experience gained here will FOR SURE help me in future games. I am, now more than ever, really looking forward to my next game!

You'll have to explain that one to me.

Day one, you are telling people how Fred is, and how Daisy is, but it's not based on past games! In the past, you've said you want to change things from how you play in the past. You are ridiculously conscious about how you play, but are so quick to slap down any possiible "meta-play." That's Zepher's thing. Maybe you are an in-denial meta-gamer. I'm setting up an intervention for you as we speak :laugh:

There was no need to investigate a player who had led solid lynches, when at the same time, there was little chance of a cult. It was not sloppy play on the side of town... Would you have investigated him on day four?

yes. when town is dropping right and left and there was a cult claim on an earlier day, yes i would re-investigate the town block leader and i would not announce it in the day thread either.

I survived and frankly, Win or lose I don't really care, I had fun and I am not in it to win per-se, the experience for me was worth it.

So in my glass-half-full mind, I won; I won experience, I got to play closely with great mafia players and see their styles and approaches from a front row seat; that was invaluable!

The experience gained here will FOR SURE help me in future games. I am, now more than ever, really looking forward to my next game!

That's a very good attitude to have! Although as a rule of thumb, I would say that surviving is not something to strive for in mafia!

yes. when town is dropping right and left and there was a cult claim on an earlier day, yes i would re-investigate the town block leader and i would not announce it in the day thread either.

You're a better player than I, then :classic:

That's the beauty of being bulletproof. If it leaks to the Scum, they know not to try and kill you, which they tried anyway. Then if you're telling everyone it's more than one-shot and they test that and they fail, they're never going to risk wasting their night kill on you again. That's one thing I knew for sure, the Scum couldn't risk wasting a night kill after only have 2 successful night kills in a 7 day game. :blush: And I kind of had to announce it since Shadows did too and I already said I had no lunch. But being immune to a kill and having my personality? That's just an invitation to taunt and weed out the Scum...and when you do that you become an excellent conversion target for a Cult. I don't think the Scum would've converted me because I would've had to have make a 180 degree turnaround...

You'll have to explain that one to me. Not saying it ain't so, but don't know how I was alive long enough to meta-game. :wink: Though perhaps we have different definitions of meta-gaming, which I've come to believe. And I did actually meta-game on day one by leaving you and Hincks alive. You hadn't gotten to play in the longest time, I told my team to not kill you.

When you defend two people arguing on day one and the defense is metagaming, it's pretty Scummy. That's when I was first onto you, as I told you. Though it wasn't until I got your Scum reading from Shadows that I went on full-scale attack. What I think happened in this game is DarkDragon gave the Town many ways to confirm the Town against the Cult and Scum and the Cult got a hold of all of those tools.

:thumbup:

I failed so bad this game, I found being town very hard, I think I prefer being Scum to be honest. I did however learn to be careful and less trusting.

You were doing fine for a Townie. It's not a common case to have a Cult, so you'll do just fine as Town in your next game. You did a lot of things really well, including your last day's defense. There was nothing Scummy about it, really. You just lacked the experience to sense a conspiracy from the Town block. You'll see it next time for sure.

Sign in to follow this