CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Last year on the 10th of october did they release images of all the sets? I can't remember. But if its the same case this year, well... the 10th is tomorrow.

That isn't totally impossible. The set seems to have some large molded pieces like the boat and the brown plates under the buildings. If it turns out to be 334 pieces and is $50, that's roughly 15 cents per piece, not far off from the 14 ppp Weathertop was. If it's $60 I agree, that seems really unlikely as it puts it at 18 cents per piece, or the price for Star Wars sets.

I buildt the set in LDD from all available photos online..

Aprox:

main house is: 240

the boat is: 81

the small house: 108

Last year on the 10th of october did they release images of all the sets? I can't remember. But if its the same case this year, well... the 10th is tomorrow.

The Ninjago and City images came out the 10th. The Hobbit stuff came out earlier in the month on the poster.

The Ninjago and City images came out the 10th. The Hobbit stuff came out earlier in the month on the poster.

Yeah, but that was because of the board game. No board game this year. So hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

Yeah, but that was because of the board game. No board game this year. So hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

Last year they had white background images of all the sets, but on their website they showed of the gollum set first, and then 1 set each week after. With the full images, functions, minifig lineup and designer video.

Edited by deskp

Last year they had white background images of all the sets, but on their website they showed of the gollum set first, and then 1 set each week after. With the full images, functions, minifig lineup and designer video.

I remember the one set per week thing on the site. And by white background, you mean the pics of the sets out of box, like the one we now have of Laketown Chase?

I remember the one set per week thing on the site. And by white background, you mean the pics of the sets out of box, like the one we now have of Laketown Chase?

these specifically.

http://www.gizmodo.c...-movie-secrets/

Edited by deskp

Oh, yeah. I forgot about those. Honestly, I'd be happy with any kind of official images at this point.

I'd like images tht doesen't leave us with big questions x]

I kind of hope they're revealed one by one. Painful, sure, but much more room for discussion and speculation. :grin:

^ I don't mind that as long as they don't start with Lake town, we need something new

I kind of hope they're revealed one by one. Painful, sure, but much more room for discussion and speculation. :grin:

Yeah, the topic turns into a messy mush of crisscrossing comments, The best would be Making a thread for each of the sets seperatey, would make for mucch cleaner conversation. If the are released at the same time.

But the mod's never seem to keen on multiple topics.

Ha, ha, yeah. But if they do the designer videos then it will probably be first. :cry_sad:

EDIT: This was at SMC's last comment.

Yeah, the topic turns into a messy mush of crisscrossing comments, The best would be Making a thread for each of the sets seperatey, would make for mucch cleaner conversation. If the are released at the same time.

But the mod's never seem to keen on multiple topics.

Good idea! Much like the topics for Orthanc and the Ewok village.

Edited by Infernum

That isn't totally impossible. The set seems to have some large molded pieces like the boat and the brown plates under the buildings. If it turns out to be 334 pieces and is $50, that's roughly 15 cents per piece, not far off from the 14 ppp Weathertop was. If it's $60 I agree, that seems really unlikely as it puts it at 18 cents per piece, or the price for Star Wars sets.

Not to get off topic, but... Huh? I don't know whether you're talking about the US prices, but if so, 18 cents per piece isn't remotely typical of Star Wars sets.

Okay this is a final reminder before the moderator stick comes out.

Quoting in this forum is out of control.

Here is a note from one of our admins on quoting posts.

• When you reply to a post, it isn't necessary to quote the whole thing, just include the part you need to reply to, whether it be a sentence or an image. If you're quoting the entire post complete with 500 words and 10 images just to say "that's nice", don't.

This means we need to stop quoting long posts to make a short reply, stop quoting images unless it is needed, and you probably don't need to quote a post that is directly above the one you are responding to. It makes the pages unnecessarily long and difficult to read.

Not to get off topic, but... Huh? I don't know whether you're talking about the US prices, but if so, 18 cents per piece isn't remotely typical of Star Wars sets.

Sorry, I should of said "or the price of some Star Wars sets". While not typical, some sets have gotten pretty close or even went over 18 cents per piece I do believe. Fairly recently Rancor Pit was 0.16 and Jabbas Palace 0.17. It seems the average is somewhere around 13 or 14 cents, which is still pretty high. It's the high end for LotR/Hobbit, with only two sets being over 14 cents per piece, and one was a small set with a large molded horse and 2 minifigs.

At any rate the Laketown Chase seems unlikely to be anywhere near that high of a price per piece. I am guessing the price is just wrong, or the piece count like deskp said. I was just pointing out if it's $50 for 335 pieces that's not totally impossible...

Sorry, I should of said "or the price of some Star Wars sets". While not typical, some sets have gotten pretty close or even went over 18 cents per piece I do believe. Fairly recently Rancor Pit was 0.16 and Jabbas Palace 0.17. It seems the average is somewhere around 13 or 14 cents, which is still pretty high.

That isn't so much a 'Star Wars" thing as it is a "Large Sculpted Maxi Figures thing". The Dino Theme had similar price points for the same reason. The big figs eat up a lot of price and part volume.

Ugh nevermind, seems thats not the case.

The hobbit site was down for me, but turned out it was just my link, I thought it would of upddated.

Update, now the site really is down. :grin:

Edited by deskp

Its working for me and no new set

Its been going up and down, it must mean they are up to somethng right? preparing stuff behind the scenes.

^ lets hope so but it could just be all us eurobrickers checking it site every minute :grin:

Thinking about it we don't think Lake Town has 334 pieces and we don't think Mirkwood Elf Army has 442 pieces could they just be the wrong way around:

Mirkwood Elf Army 334 pieces

Lake Town 442 pieces

sounds about right

^ lets hope so but it could just be all us eurobrickers checking it site every minute :grin:

Thinking about it we don't think Lake Town has 334 pieces and we don't think Mirkwood Elf Army has 442 pieces could they just be the wrong way around:

Mirkwood Elf Army 334 pieces

Lake Town 442 pieces

sounds about right

Proapbly, if that lines up with the price of elf army.

The site is working for me. No new set. I looked at the date of that Gizmodo article from last year about the AUJ sets, and it was Oct 13th. Maybe this weekend will be when we get new images? I mean, it is Thanksgiving this weekend in Canada, so it'd be like 'Thanks for giving us new pictures!' :laugh: