CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Oh my Sauron :D

You are amazing in this speculations.

The warrior with red hair in this smalest set is a human. Normal legs, green arms, red hair equipped with axe, short name (three-four letters). Not a dwarf or orc. Problem is that in box art he looks totally different than in this small "window" in the right-down corner in the box. For me it`s impossible to guess who it could be.

For me it`s impossible to guess who it could be.

Is he figthing for or agaisnt the orcs tho? what general colors does he have in the "minifig index"

Oh my Sauron :D

You are amazing in this speculations.

The warrior with red hair in this smalest set is a human. Normal legs, green arms, red hair equipped with axe, short name (three-four letters). Not a dwarf or orc. Problem is that in box art he looks totally different than in this small "window" in the right-down corner in the box. For me it`s impossible to guess who it could be.

Wait, the warrior with red hair is in the smallest set (Dol Guldur Ambush) or in the the biggest (Dol Guldur Battle). If the name is as short as you say, it likely is Bolg. And the reason the fig on the box art is different from the fig on the fig line up at the bottom of the box is because the one on the box art is likely a simple mock-up that LEGO made out of existing parts/new parts in development (much like the white cave troll in the Mines of Moria prelim), while the one in the line up is the actual design, likely still in its drawn state (final drawing that gets approved before it becomes a real LEGO element). That was the case with the Orc Forge prelim from last year's toy fair (Lurtz was drawn on the line up with armour, a new hairpiece, and a slightly different face), or this year's Black Gate or Corsair prelims (the orcs in the line up were drawn concepts of new orc variants). So if the colours other than the red beard were drastically different than that of the one on the box art, I'd say it is safe to assume it is Bolg.

Bolg in the small and Azog in the big Dol Guldur set, now that would be ace :wub: The more I hear about the sets the more excited I get, the pics really can't come soon enough :grin:

In Dol Guldur Battle is warrior with red hair and red beard (one piece) - he looks taller than normal minifigs. In Dol Guldur Ambush is warrior (he fights wit orc) with red hair. He is normal size.

In Dol Guldur Battle is warrior with red hair and red beard (one piece) - he looks taller than normal minifigs. In Dol Guldur Ambush is warrior (he fights wit orc) with red hair. He is normal size.

Oh, there are two red haired warriors. Well then, maybe we will get both Beorn and Bolg. I'd like that rather than Elrond. Let's hope that pictures are released soon so all this speculation can be put to rest!

Also, if Bolg is in Dol Guldur Battle and looks taller than the others, he may just have a similar treatment as Azog, with a big head/shoulder piece that adds height.

Edited by Fives

This wave sounds better and better!!!!

Beorn and Bolg sound like those 2 minifigures unless its bolg in both sets

It is very unlikely LEGO would introduce a completely new character in two sets, especially when one of the sets is cheaper than the other.

It is very unlikely LEGO would introduce a completely new character in two sets, especially when one of the sets is cheaper than the other.

What about Saruman?

Although thats kinda different

What about Saruman?

Although thats kinda different

It is different, not only because Orthanc is an exclusive, but he also comes with the slope that can be used instead of normal legs.

Well a better way of getting to a similar conclution is saying that lego rarely makes a set without any unique figure. SO unless the 2 orcs are unique the hero is proapblt only seen in this one set for now.

It is different, not only because Orthanc is an exclusive, but he also comes with the slope that can be used instead of normal legs.

You win :tongue:

So d.g. ambush is beorn

and d.g. battle is bolg

So minfigures so far

Bilbo

Thorin

Bard

Master of Laketown

Guard of Laketown

Azog

Bolg

Orcs

Elves

Thranduil

Beorn

Gandalf

Radagast

Necromancer (or witch king)

AWSOME!!!!

Since this is a Hobbit set discussion too. New box art.

{pic}

Wow, that's freakin' beautiful! Holy... wow! LEGO has topped what they did with the AUJ box arts... Where did you find that? :drool:

Now that is some nice box art! Love it! And that image looks pretty damn official if you ask me! Perhaps a sign of more pics to come?

Also, its a shame it is such a tiny image.

Very beautiful indeed :wub: Some of the best boxart design TLG have ever done, this is sure going to look great on shelves :sweet:

Edit: I have a serious déjà-vu right now :grin: Wasn't it the same situation last year with the sudden appearance of a single tiny picture of a set revealed at SDCC showing the box art?

Edited by Lego-Freak

Wow, that's freakin' beautiful! Holy... wow! LEGO has topped what they did with the AUJ box arts... Where did you find that? :drool:

I couldn't agree more! I can barely even see the set through all that beauty! :grin:

They keep saying it's 334 pieces... But I still think its 460-something. 335 pieces is impossible, it is simply too few to make that set.

That box art looks amazing, lm so eager now to see more new sets, but lm glad we got to see that, there must be images of the new sets rather soon now if l was to guess, its most likely imminent after this release. :classic:

That box art looks amazing, lm so eager now to see more new sets, but lm glad we got to see that, there must be images of the new sets rather soon now if l was to guess, its most likely imminent after this release. :classic:

I think it's worth saying again that 10th october last year was when we got images, and by the 11th I think they started revealing proper pictures on their website.

This boxart indicates that atleast the overall reveal piriod has started x]

They keep saying it's 334 pieces... But I still think its 460-something. 335 pieces is impossible, it is simply too few to make that set.

That isn't totally impossible. The set seems to have some large molded pieces like the boat and the brown plates under the buildings. If it turns out to be 334 pieces and is $50, that's roughly 15 cents per piece, not far off from the 14 ppp Weathertop was. If it's $60 I agree, that seems really unlikely as it puts it at 18 cents per piece, or the price for Star Wars sets.