CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Its their item and can give it to whoever they want ...

this whining really is starting to get over the top...

I never even had a SLIGHT chance to get anything since I live so far away and I NEVER whined...

I think some of you expect LEGO MUST give you something. Just cos you buy their toy...

I never said that they MUST give me something but they could propose it to everyone, even for a decent price and avoid this crazy speculation on eBay (1000$ !!!!). They could sell it on their website, maybe for 50$, for everyone with the same minifig, the same package, with the Comic Con emblem and they will make more money like this. I would be ok to buy it 50$ but 1000$... Come on... It almost what I make in a month...

I'm sorry but I can't agree the TLC attitude to spare these minifigs for people who don't care about LEGO, just think about how much they will make on eBay with it and cause mini-riot like they did 3 days ago because everybody wanted the exclusive minifigs to sell it on eBay.

Edited by N7LEGO

I never said that they MUST give me something but they could propose it to everyone, even for a decent price and avoid this crazy speculation on eBay (1000$ !!!!). They could sell it on their website, maybe for 50$, for everyone with the same minifig, the same package, with the Comic Con emblem and they will make more money like this. I would be ok to buy it 50$ but 1000$... Come on... It almost what I make in a month...

I'm sorry but I can't agree the TLC attitude to spare these minifigs for people who don't care about LEGO, just think about how much they will make on eBay with it and cause mini-riot like they did 3 days ago because everybody wanted the exclusive minifigs to sell it on eBay.

Maybe you dont agree with them but you still buy LEGO...

probably...

Also if you ever heared of that thing called CONTRACT which FORBIDS them to sell action figures from licensed sets...

so they can give away the fig but cannot sell it.

If people only finally realized that problem and contract stuff...

I dont care if i didnt get it, I wont buy it for a grand anyway so for me its case closed....

You want to cry, cry to TLC in a mail not to the forum...

Is there a possibility that Azog will be included in a future set like they did with the venom minifigure from last year comic con. It seems strange that lego will devote the expenses to a large mold for an exculsive minifigure of limited amount where they wont make a profit from.

Is there a possibility that Azog will be included in a future set like they did with the venom minifigure from last year comic con. It seems strange that lego will devote the expenses to a large mold for an exculsive minifigure of limited amount where they wont make a profit from.

Its been ''confirmed'' by LEGO manager that Azog wil lcome in a set, but this color in which it was given away at comicon was EXCLUSIVE to that event and in set he ought to be in different color (people expect white or pale)

for me its a catch 22 situation, i want it but won't pay over the odds for it, i understand the whole con exclusive. at least they aren't hasbro who put exclusive figures as part of the numbered collection.

To me its a pointless debate, Lego are hardly likel to change their approach to cons, as l8ng as the figure or variant appears in the line somewhere i'll be happy.

The character from Laketown are very impressive, cannot wait to see the rest of the line

If thats the case then maybe he will come with more details on the torso though I must admit I do like the tan colour.

Maybe you dont agree with them but you still buy LEGO...

probably...

Also if you ever heared of that thing called CONTRACT which FORBIDS them to sell action figures from licensed sets...

That doesn't make any sense at all; TLG is just choosing to give this away because it is an exclusive. They've sold off other exclusive figures in the past albeit as part of preordering games or in other promotions (eg Iron Patriot and the Target exclusive Bilbo Baggins).

And about those eBay sellers - let's not judge them too harshly for selling what maybe the rest of us not. Nobody here has any idea why they're doing so: it could be just cause they're not interested in the figure, taking advantage of the figure's exclusivity, or they need the money for something more important. I'm not saying I know what their intentions are either, I just think it's a little over the line to be calling them ridiculous or scumbags.

That doesn't make any sense at all; TLG is just choosing to give this away because it is an exclusive. They've sold off other exclusive figures in the past albeit as part of preordering games or in other promotions (eg Iron Patriot and the Target exclusive Bilbo Baggins).

And about those eBay sellers - let's not judge them too harshly for selling what maybe the rest of us not. Nobody here has any idea why they're doing so: it could be just cause they're not interested in the figure, taking advantage of the figure's exclusivity, or they need the money for something more important. I'm not saying I know what their intentions are either, I just think it's a little over the line to be calling them ridiculous or scumbags.

They just cannot sell the figure stand alone...

it either has to come with some sort of build (remember uruk hai with balista, Gandalf at Dol Goldur, Frodo with cooking corner...

it just cannot be only Frodo, or Only Azog, or Only uruk-hai....

They have contract limits...

Ofc they can sell figure with something else (game) because contract assumes that is game the main point and figure an addition.

Its just like that.... Its also why we never got Uruk-hai battle pack (proper) liek we get Star Wars...

because contract forbids such sets...

I dont care if i didnt get it, I wont buy it for a grand anyway so for me its case closed....

You want to cry, cry to TLC in a mail not to the forum...

So give it in polybags ;)

Who talk to cry ? I'm not crying, just complaining on a 2013 minifig of the Hobbit which is the main subject of this topic no ?

They just cannot sell the figure stand alone...

it either has to come with some sort of build (remember uruk hai with balista, Gandalf at Dol Goldur, Frodo with cooking corner...

it just cannot be only Frodo, or Only Azog, or Only uruk-hai....

They have contract limits...

Ofc they can sell figure with something else (game) because contract assumes that is game the main point and figure an addition.

Its just like that.... Its also why we never got Uruk-hai battle pack (proper) liek we get Star Wars...

because contract forbids such sets...

What about 850632 where it's just 4 minifigures albeit with a few other pieces? And do you have a link to this 'contract' cause I've never heard of this limiting the way TLG makes their products...

Edited by Leo Crimson

What about 850632 where it's just 4 minifigures albeit with a few other pieces? And do you have a link to this 'contract' cause I've never heard of this limiting the way TLG makes their products...

Whose talking about NINJAGO... thats LEGO product not licensed theme....

I am talking only about licensed themes like SW, LOTR, etc.... You ever saw SW battle pack with ONLY figures and no build? Its apperently even more tight on LOTR considering we see even less...

You really think TLG would skip Uruk hai battle pack if contract would allow it... or a Rohan or elvish b-pack it takes 2 hours to design such battle packs and they bring in MASSIVE revenue.

I cant be bothered to link you where people talked about contract even LEGO made a response regarding such thing on Cusoo whatever project that reached 10.000 votes... about SW 100 (or 1000) stormtroopers pack...

Use google.

Edited by Alcarin

I received message from Lego when I tried to order parts for Star Wars that they are not allowed to sell parts that are exclusive to SW sets.

So give it in polybags ;)

Who talk to cry ? I'm not crying, just complaining on a 2013 minifig of the Hobbit which is the main subject of this topic no ?

Its crying... complain silently or complain to TLC ... its their thing not Eurobricks.... Its polluting the topic with useless stuff instead of discussing how crap or good the new set is you complain why you cannot get a free Azog... While you probably did not even attend the event where you could get it.

I cant be bothered to link you where people talked about contract even LEGO made a response regarding such thing on Cusoo whatever project that reached 10.000 votes... about SW 100 (or 1000) stormtroopers pack...

1. Sorry for my Ninjago mistake, I didn't think of it.

2. Thanks for your condescension.

3. Have you actually seen one of these official comments before? Cause I'd actually like to know which project this was TLG were commenting on with this policy.

Its crying... complain silently or complain to TLC ...

No. No, it's not.

Probably Azog would appear in the future sets just like Bilbo last year. In exacly the same colors and shape.

Probably Azog would appear in the future sets just like Bilbo last year. In exacly the same colors and shape.

Don't worry, a couple people here have said that one of the employees said he would be featured in the sets, just in a different colour of shade than the SDCC exclusive.

1. Sorry for my Ninjago mistake, I didn't think of it.

2. Thanks for your condescension.

3. Have you actually seen one of these official comments before? Cause I'd actually like to know which project this was TLG were commenting on with this policy.

It was regarding a Stormtrooper pack.... I think it was a project to get 100 Stormtrooper (Old Trilogy version)

Here you go you lazy googler :P

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/2674

Don't worry, a couple people here have said that one of the employees said he would be featured in the sets, just in a different colour of shade than the SDCC exclusive.

That's not a good news :(

It was regarding a Stormtrooper pack.... I think it was a project to get 100 Stormtrooper (Old Trilogy version)

Here you go you lazy googler :P

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/2674

Oh ok, now I see what you mean where the permissions TLG has to produce the Star Wars characters have to have them add in more pieces for the toys to be considered construction sets.

Sorry I didn't understand that earlier.

EDIT:

That's not a good news :(

Well you never know, the difference could be small enough it'd be hard to notice in the light.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Oh ok, now I see what you mean where the permissions TLG has to produce the Star Wars characters have to have them add in more pieces for the toys to be considered construction sets.

Sorry I didn't understand that earlier.

Exactly and apparently its even worse in LOTR contract where some other company holds Action figure contract from LOTR Tolkien estate (guess also for Hobbit) and the contract is even more TIGHT than the one with SW.

It is also why we will never see Battle packs from LOTR & Hobbit...

And that is also why we will NEVER see figures sold by LEGO.com

Edited by Alcarin

Tolkien, I'd wait until I saw pictures of the full winter line up before making that kind of decision. He may not be exclusive at all and if he is, you may not like him as much as the non-exclusive. Plus, I think Green Lantern is probably a more valuable fig in the long term.

I'm a huge LEGO and Tolkien fan but I guarantee if I got one of these figures I'd sell it in a heartbeat. There's a lot of stuff I could get with $500-$1000 that I'd get far more use/enjoyment out of than any minifig.

deskp, I'd love to see that LDD file. I'll PM you later today.

Edited by Str0ngbad

Tolkien, I'd wait until I saw pictures of the full winter line up before making that kind of decision. He may not be exclusive at all and if he is, you may not like him as much as the non-exclusive. Plus, I think Green Lantern is probably a more valuable fig in the long term.

I'm a huge LEGO and Tolkien fan but I guarantee if I got one of these figures I'd sell it in a heartbeat. There's a lot of stuff I could get with $500-$1000 that I'd get far more use/enjoyment out of than any minifig.

deskp, I'd love to see that LDD file. I'll PM you later today.

Azog in winter sets will be different color according to LEGO manager...

So ye, people are suspecting it will come in white or pale

Azog will likely turn out to be light bley. White is too light for his skin colour, tan is too much on the brown side of things, and anything darker doesn't suit him. Light bley with either dark bley or tan or flesh scars will be the direction LEGO goes with the wide release of this fig.

I mean, he's an albino, same as his Warg. If you shaved his Warg, it'd likely have vey light grey skin, so the same goes for Azog.

Also, is anyone else really excited to see the box art for the new sets? I know we haven't even gotten a full set list yet, but we can pretty much guess what LEGO will do. But with the new LOTR wave, they changed the Ring in the corner to the Eye. Do you think they could do something similar for The Hobbit, or just leave it the same?