CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I could swear it said 3rd June yesterday, hopefully else where like Argos will get them earlier :classic:

Heres hoping!

I'd like to get a set of moveable legs for Arwen. Can anybody tell me with 100% certainty if the colour of Arwen's dress is the exact same as that of the Lone Ranger's Cavalry legs?

Arwen wears sand blue, and I think the Navarro Cavalrymen wear the same.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'd like to get a set of moveable legs for Arwen. Can anybody tell me with 100% certainty if the colour of Arwen's dress is the exact same as that of the Lone Ranger's Cavalry legs?

Yes, they both have the same color blue I believe.

I like that the Black Gate beats the golden price per piece ratio, as everyone complained about last year's $60 LotR set, Weathertop, being too pricey!

BrickQueen reviews of the Black Gate, Wizard Battle, and Pirate Ship:

Arwen wears sand blue, and I think the Navarro Cavalrymen wear the same.
Yes, they both have the same color blue I believe.

Thank you both for the reply! I went out and got the set at 20% off. The legs and heads are useful, and of course, the white horse as Asfaloth (or Snowmane or Shadowfax) is an excellent addition to Lord of the Rings.

^Where did you find the Lone Ranger sets? I didn't think they were out in Australia yet!

Target at Macquarie Park, Sydney. They had all sets as far as I could tell, and at least 10 Cavalry Builder sets. 20% off on all LEGO, too.

Target at Macquarie Park, Sydney. They had all sets as far as I could tell, and at least 10 Cavalry Builder sets. 20% off on all LEGO, too.

Thanks, hopefully Melbourne will have them soon, if they don't already! I'm after legs for Arwen and a Shadowfax as well, it's too decent a little set to pass up :-)

I wanted the Wizard Battle so badly, I bought it at the TRU markup. Excellent minifigures, and ingenoious palantir spinning function. It was the fact that I was at TRU that kept me from picking up a Gate or a Council.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Does anyone know if the Toys R Us Bogo deal is still going on?

It'll be back around soon.

I'm glad to hear Australia got the sets!

Anyone else seen the new wave in Canada? The Wal-Mart over here had the council and wizard battle. I'm going to go back and nab a council; hopefully there's at least one still there! :cry_sad:

Since Just2good's being modest and not self-promoting, I'll promote him! His review of the Council:

He promoted himself on page 141. :) But no harm in double-posting since it's a really good review in my eyes. The one thing I've missed in all reviews for this set is some mentioning of how the figures and their capes fit on the chairs. From the pictures it does not appear to be as cape-friendly as Saruman's 'throne', but it would be nice to know for certain.

He promoted himself on page 141. :) But no harm in double-posting since it's a really good review in my eyes. The one thing I've missed in all reviews for this set is some mentioning of how the figures and their capes fit on the chairs. From the pictures it does not appear to be as cape-friendly as Saruman's 'throne', but it would be nice to know for certain.

I did. :laugh:

Good point, I actually didn't think of mentioning that in the review. The chairs, at least for me, are NOT cape friendly. It bends the cap over about an inch. I do not recommend it. Sadly, the same goes with Elrond's hair. :cry-sad:

Since Just2good's being modest and not self-promoting, I'll promote him! His review of the Council:

Thank you so much for the support! LEGO is my passion. I didn't think I would get so far in this YouTube stuff, and I'm very happy with y'all sharing my joy and like the reviews. :classic:

Also, Council of Elrond and the LR Stage Coach are my two favorite sets of the year. Funny, both are $30. The Council set looks fantastic on my shelf. :wub:

8846699715_23ba24b14e.jpg

Thanks for the chain/ cape clarification, Just2Good!

Unexpected Gathering and Elrond's Council are my favourite display sets of the Middle Earth line.

Your Bag-end reminds me of all the sets to buy this year. Tolkien, Star Wars, Galaxy Squad, Castle, The Lone Ranger, Super Heroes...minifig_explode.gif

(to anyone: feel free to use my explodey, but please give me credit!)

I want to get them all, but I'll have to settle with just one. I can't choose, but I'm thinking the Black Gate.

I'd recommend that. It comes with the most interesting Gandalf made, Aragorn in Gondor armor, and the Mouth of Sauron ( :wub: ) and if you don't have any. two Orcs, as well as Gwaihir the Eagle, and the excellent Gate. I don't have it yet, but I want it the most.

For me, it was either Elrond and Arwen or the Mouth of Sauron and Gandalf the White, though I too think the Black Gate is the better choice.

Thank you for helping me decide, 8BrickMario.

Edited by Gremer

You're very welcome! Maybe later you can get the Council for a win-win? I am always happy to provide an opinion on sets, and the great thing about LEGO is that most of the sets are great, so either option would work out well.