CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I was hope that Dead King and Dead soldiers will light in the dark,but more than that Clear colour.Mordor orcs??? I am soooooo pissed right now.They are actually the same as in The Orc Forge?? Just regullar armor piece like Uruk-hais,no helmets???????? And Corsair pirate is great,but they shuld decide from what scene it shuld bee,from Pelennor fields,or pass of the Dead,because now we know we will not se PJ in Corsair version and other pirates

The undead soldiers gets 2 unique prints, but the mordor orcs have to resuse the same in 4 sets when they are only really made for 1 of the sets.

Exactly - I thought the designer said those were only worker orcs.

And Corsair pirate is great,but they shuld decide from what scene it shuld bee,from Pelennor fields,or pass of the Dead,because now we know we will not se PJ in Corsair version and other pirates

The corsair actually is a PJ

Pic of him from the game:

Lego_lord_of_the_rings_2.png

Edited by Krulis

now we know we will not se PJ in Corsair version and other pirates

We do get PJ's corsair minifig.....

Exactly - I thought the designer said those were only worker orcs.

The lotr/hobbit minifig designer does post on these forums sometimes we should ask.. Presumably it's just the higher ups wanting to keep the prices down.

It's a real shame they are cheaping out on the orcs... The armored mordor orcs is jsust about the only type of orc where alot of them looks just the same and would kindof have been a better print to have if you wanted just one..

Now I don't think we'll ever get a proper mordor orc toros print unless we get a 'hero' figure like gothmog..

Hmm,he looks more like Corsair leader

(Ignore the arrow) - Peter Jackson is the one with the blue triangle things on his forehead.

cameo-jackson-lesnie-arrow.jpg

While I would also like some new Mordor orc minifig prints, I am happy with the three different Dead minifigs and the one Corsair. If I could change anything, I would drop Gimli from this set and have a second Corsair (new print or not).

We are already getting a Gimli in the Riverdale set where he was much more important.

I was not planning on getting this set since I am not into pirate ships. However depending on the re usability of the build, the inclusion of Corsair and orc minfigs might just convince me.

(Ignore the arrow) - Peter Jackson is the one with the blue triangle things on his forehead.

cameo-jackson-lesnie-arrow.jpg

I know who is PJ :) but,like minifig actually doesn't look like him,only face printings do,but hair,and others,actually not,they culd make him like little bit fatter,or just make fat printings like Bombur has (I mean only printings,not beard peace)

*snip (pic of Corsair PJ statue)*

I think the lego figure would look better in black or the darkest gray.

The figure is dark grey.

4228d0c15acc3ff0710da0557e363f2d.png

Guys,I just noticed,left Mordor orc has a little bit different printings than last one we saw

No, it's exactly the same torso as the ones from the Orc Forge.

What makes you think that? They look like the same color as the rest to me.

Might just be the light or something but to be the pants seem to be a very slightly green shade of grey where the arms/torso seems more pale. Comare the flat grey bit on the torso to the flat bit on the leg.

No, it's exactly the same torso as the ones from the Orc Forge.

I actually zoom in in some of my programs on computer,and now I try it again,that is actually the same :/ I thought I saw just a little difference,but no unfortunately no,but I don0t understand that,wha they make all orcs the same,they are not clones like in Star wars lego,there shuld be at least 3 different versions of Mordor orcs

And just realized something...Aragorn,Legolas and Gimli don't have capes??

Edited by Lordof theBricks

I actually zoom in in some of my programs on computer,and now I try it again,that is actually the same :/ I thought I saw just a little difference,but no unfortunately no,but I don0t understand that,wha they make all orcs the same,they are not clones like in Star wars lego,there shuld be at least 3 different versions of Mordor orcs

Yeah - I don't know what the reason could be, the Mordor orcs were said to have been worker orcs in the Orc Forge set,

yet they cheaply re-use those figures while there have been 3 different variants of goblins (which we'll never see again) in the Hobbit set

and two different undead soldiers. Now we see the same Mordor orcs again, but worse... they're bald and one of them appears to be working on his Uruk-hai costume for a convention or something.

It's making me dislike the orc a whole lot, when infact for its INTENDED purpose it's great.

When lego does good things they are really good, but when they do bad thing is super dissapointing and awful..

What would be even worse was if the Orthanc set included a new orc but it was another worker orc. What a waste that would be of a new print.

It kindof feels like their error was in naming the orc "mordor orc" instead of "isengard worker orc" now when sets call for REAL mordor orcs they just pop their ""mordor orc"" in there..

When they said in The Orc Forge set that they are worker orcs,I was like O_O This is amazing,amazing look and everything,but now,they are also and orcs warriors,hunter orcs in the hobbit sets,and who knows what next

Edited by Lordof theBricks

I just wish they could have ignored the movies for a moment and added Aragorn's standard onto the highest mast of the Corsair ship. It is such a cinematic moment in the book.

"And all eyes followed his gaze, and behold! upon the foremost ship a great standard broke, and the wind displayed it as she turned towards the Harlond. There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count. And the stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning, for it was wrought of mithril and gold. Thus came Aragorn son of Arathorn, Elessar, Isildur's heir, out of the Paths of the Dead, borne upon a wind from the Sea to the kingdom of Gondor..."

While I'm disappointed that the Mordor orcs are a lazy rehash of what we've seen before, I'm happy that the dead soldiers are different. And I'm glad we're actually getting a Corsair with the ship. :wink:

I really hope the rumors about LOTR selling badly aren't true;

because if they are, there might be a chance that we won't ever see Gondorians, Faramir, Denethor, Éowyn, Grima, Galadriel or the Witch-king...

I wonder if this is a final picture. It´s zoomed picture from preliminary box, so it´s possible that there will be some changes.

Orcs are disappointment.

I really hope the rumors about LOTR selling badly aren't true;

because if they are, there might be a chance that we won't ever see Gondorians, Faramir, Denethor, Éowyn, Grima, Galadriel or the Witch-king...

Grima SHOULD be in the Orthanc set and Denethor in my opinion isn't important. Galadriel could be in a hobbit set.

What we heard was that it wasnt doing great in germany. If it's doing good elsewhere I think the theme could keep going.

Anyways we obviosuly don't have numbers for how the lego sets are selling but we do have for the movies for what that is or isn't worth.

ROTK did 87million in germany

The Hobbit did 80million

FOTR and TTT did 78mil each.

Edited by deskp

So the ship comes with legolas, aragorn and gimli all having the same torsos from previous sets, thats just unfortunate. I dont mind having tons of orc or goblins but the same main characters, blaaah. Kinda ruins it for me, already have an army of Gandalfs. :(