MarkusOSX

8x8 TrialTruck - From LDD to Real Model (Part2)

Thx, but i really don´t know if this will works. What do you think ? Especially the angle for the track rods.

Greetz

Markus

I think you should incorporate the steering motor somehow.Do you might find that the steering struggles while going off-road?

No longer using LAs for steering then?

No, not for this version. The LAs were great for steering but there´s no place for them with the new suspension.

Ah, I see. I really like the look of this suspension, I think I'm gonna tear down my 9398 and 8110 in a week or so, and then build it :) Maybe I'll find a way to fit in the LAs somehow. Otherwise, I'll hook up the servo motor from the 9398.

Hi there,

i´ve meanwhile rebuild the Truck completely new.

But i don´t changed to the live axles. I wanted to have the truck with differential drive with differential lock function.

I´ve also changed the steering. The linear actuators worked very well but to slow in my opinion.

Now I use two servo motors for steering. The differential lock is remote controlled.

So here are some new picks of the new design and a little function video.

8381091886_082ea743c1_z.jpg8380009065_e81f3c96b9_z.jpg8381087794_f8795fa5ea_z.jpg8380007761_8f79e0fabf_z.jpg8380006575_3dce0ef18e_z.jpg8380005599_f1622f45fe_z.jpg8380004685_fc51c89c4f_z.jpg8381083418_27d75b1f22_z.jpg

Sorry, no outdoor test-drive :blush:

http://youtu.be/bsBdi98RkQk

Atm i´m working on a new version with live axle, differential drive with lock function on LDD.

Greetz

Markus

Edited by MarkusOSX

Wow. I actually said WOW out loud while watching the video. The turning radius is amazing for such a large vehicle and the locking differentialls are also amazing. All it needs now is a plethora of buggy motors for power. Muhaha!!!

My only worry is about the strength of the steering and its ability to overcome obstacles.

My only worry is about the strength of the steering and its ability to overcome obstacles.

You´re right, the steering works good but is maybe to weak. In this case the linear actuators were great (but to slow)

Buggy motor would be a cool thing :devil:

Greetz

Markus