Raskalito des ouabes

Mindstorm RCX RIS 2.0, software needed

Hello, I recently bought the Mindstorm RCX (RIS 2.0), but there is not the original CDROM. My son is now disappointed, obviously ;)

I have a little card with a serial to login to www.legomindstorms.com, but I'm not sure that Lego gives any support to this set.

So, what can I do now to communicate with the RCX brick? Is it possible to retrieve the original CDROM ? Or must I use an alternative solution ?

Please help !

There are a bunch of opensource solutions for RCX that are WAY better than the LEGO software. The new NXT software is usable, but the older stuff was just not that good.

The above link is a good start, but there others. The Wikipedia article for Mind-storms has the links.

If you really want the LEGO software, Lego education has Robolab version 2.9 on sale for $22.95 while supplies last

Andy

@ Raskalito des ouabes: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I'm not sure what country you're from, but you can download the entire contents of the Lego Mindstorms 3804 RIS 2.0 (in French or Dutch) from this Brickfactory.info webpage.

thebrickfactory.gif

Edited by DLuders

@ Raskalito des ouabes: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I'm not sure what country you're from, but you can download the entire contents of the Lego Mindstorms 3804 RIS 2.0 (in French or Dutch) from this Brickfactory.info webpage.

thebrickfactory.gif

I didn't know that... quite tricky that he does that! but.. very handy, especially without a CD drive in your laptop.

Thanks a lot! I'm French, so it's ok for me ;) I will test it soon, I hope it will work (and my son too!)

Edited by Raskalito des ouabes

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a few questions:

Is there any way to get the instructions for the models not included in the book? Or are they only on the disk? Next, I have the disk, but I can't get it to work on my computer with Windows 10. It downloads, but then it just says, "An error occurred while installing the USB Tower software. (-5)." But when I go into the File Explorer, I can get to a 9 second "Training Video" about the RCX by playing it in QuickTime. I think only one video is being downloaded. Thank you all in advance, and sorry for all the questions.:blush:

RCX software was designed for windows 98, there is a patch to get it working with XP but I dont know of any for later software. That is why I have kept a computer with XP on it.