just2good

LEGO now has an official YouTube channel...

Subscriber 299 right here; looks sick too. Now I have a reason to browse on Youtube a lot more.

This channel has a lot of potential now that I think about it. They can be active in the LEGO YouTube community, and can have a featured review once in a while (TLG, if you are reading this, you know who's video reviews you should feature :tongue: ).

:wacko:

Did he edit that in??? I swear it wasn't there before.

Yeah, he did edit it. But the edit was 5 hours ago! :wink:

Edited by purpleparadox

:wacko:

Did he edit that in??? I swear it wasn't there before.

Yeah, he did edit it. But the edit was 5 hours ago! :wink:

It is also in the subheading... :look::grin:

Edited by just2good

It is also in the subheading... :look::grin:

It's official, I'm loosing it. Sorry, please carry on.

Stupid question time (as I'm living in China where YouTube is blocked and have a hard time opening the unwieldly backdoor to access it); What exactly is the name of the channel (so I can search for it)?

A link would be highly useful.

For the record; I wish Lego would use their own sites but I guess getting Google to pay for your bandwidth is a shrewd decision.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. The channel name seems to be LEGO. So you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/LEGO

However I have a German ISP, and somehow I automatically get redirected to the German language LEGOWebTV channel, even though my YouTube settings are set to English and Worldwide.

Pretty annoying, if I wanted to go to LEGOWebTV I would have actually gone to it.

Does anyone know how to prevent this redirection?

Also one other comment, I notice at least on the German language version, they have something like "Show me videos for Boys Girls Mothers or Men", and it looks like you have to choose one of them.

I don't like this either. What I like about Lego is that on their sets (e.g. on friends, or the pink boxes) they don't say whether it is for boys or girls, and therefore does not reinforce gender stereotypes. They used to I know, but they don't anymore.

Having a silly thing like this on the YouTube channel just brings back all that gender stereotyping. Does the English language YouTube channel also have such an option?

So my two big negatives are senseless automatic redirection to a completely different channel, and language that reinforces gender stereotypes.

Hopefully if I get permission to access English language content, I can provide some positive comments.