just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I went to my local TRU today and they still had the table setup from the promo on Saturday. The cardboard bins still had plenty of pieces in them to make 2 more full sets. I grabbed the instructions for those and then made a third bag with a bunch of pieces. If anyone is interested in getting 1 of the 2 extra I'd be willing to sell them for $5.99 plus shipping.

Just got Royal Roost today.

The Royal Roost is a basic knock-down Speedorz set, that, although has specific ramps, does not require articulate aiming (like the dreaded Nest Dive) meaning that it can be toppled over from any direction with enough momentum from the Speedor. It is a very good thing that the Speedorz' prints do not chip easily as the designs on the golden :wub: Defendor II Speedor is fantastic (Eglor's Shreekor 390 is now second place in my book). The cards in which I get these names come from (included in all Speedorz sets) have followed the same pattern according to the numbers on their bottom corners in the Winter/Spring waves. Having OCD, I find this very nice, but with this very Speedor, that pattern is disturbed! The original pattern is character, Speedor, CHI weapon/Constraction, basic weapon, and Power-Upz. In order to follow this pattern of going "by type" Lagravis' cards would need to be in this order: 2, 14, 8, 26, 20. If you wish to follow numerical pattern, his cards follow the order of Character, CHI Weapon/Constraction, Speedor, Power-up, and basic weapon, interrupting the grouped flow. Personally, I prefer the former, but it ultimately is your decision. The cards are also printed on a much more flimsy material (easier to tear, but that isn't from personal experience). But seriously, why will most of us buy this set for in the first place? The answer: Lagravis himself. The minifigure is nice and very detailed as most of the Chima minifigs are. Lagravis' head only features angry and sad expressions, however, leaving him as the only Lion without a calm look. It is a nice print though, don't get me wrong, He comes equipped with a good CHI colored Royal Hakraxx (Crominus' weapon in Cragger's Command ship) garnered with a stud rather than a jewel, and dubbed the Honorous. His basic weapon, is an odd one, being that it is a gold colored weapon, which is usually only common among the CHI Weapons, otherwise known as the Fangjabber. His power-up is just two talons jutting from the back called the Kuttor. Another thing, I might add is, unlike the packaging of the Winter/Spring Speedorz, the back of the packaging offers next to no perforated openings! You have to shred the packaging in order to open the set (not child friendly!)

7/10: Basic Speedorz set. The Speedor and Lagravis make the set just a bit more worth it!

Edited by Penkid11

Bear in mind they based a lot of the Bionicle mythology off Maori legends and culture, hoping no-one would notice. You'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, but...

...well, here's hoping they're not going to.

vinson72, your quote may need a few words of explanation, please.

I didn't notice until now that all of these in the Fall wave were transparent. That's a Speedorz wave done right! :thumbup:

Edited by just2good

Got a TRU flyer in the mail like I do every Sunday, but today I noticed they had a Chima backpack. With what seems to be an OLD Lion emblem:

ChimaLionLogo.JPG

Interesting.

-Sci

The amount of Lego school supplies I've seen this year is tremendous. I'm primarily seeing Chima, but Friends and Ninjago are also mixed in.

FURTY'S FACE SCARES ME.

To be honest, I did'nt know there would be a Grizzam Speedor until I saw that. It has too many conflicting colors. Pass

Furty's is even worse.

Crug's looks Half-Decent.

At least these kids aren't as frightening as the kid in most of the Ninjago (year 1) promos or the Gagne! kid that adorns the back covers of our instruction booklets. It would be nice to have a set only backing on the Speedorz packs, though. There was just something about Ninjago's Spinner backings that just seemed more appealing.

Anyway. I saw the Lion CHI Temple displayed at the Lego Store yesterday and I have to tell you, it is massive! Can't wait to get my hands on that one (and what a long mini-review that will be! :tongue:)!

You know, what I like about the Speedorz is that they show the characters using them for actual transportation during the shows.. So even if you don't play the games, the Speedorz are functional vehicles for regular play, too. It seems for versatile to me than the Ninjago spinners.

You know, what I like about the Speedorz is that they show the characters using them for actual transportation during the shows.. So even if you don't play the games, the Speedorz are functional vehicles for regular play, too. It seems for versatile to me than the Ninjago spinners.

From the play perspective, that is very true. However, I would say that the spinners have the upper hand with a game that isn't, shall we say "rinse and repeat," what with the different actions on the play cards, as apposed to worthless "CHI Points" that can potentially ruin the play factor of successfully passing a Speedorz hazard (i.e. succeeding on the Nest Dive, which is a nigh impossible feat, only to lose to your opponent getting a better card).

It's clearly not finished :D

And I saw the temple and the new castle today and I must say temple wins for me. If it was in more natural color I would buy it imidiately. I think I will try and build it with my own pieces though.

I picked up Eglor's Twin Bike this evening on impulse. I hadn't given it much consideration before tonight, but one look at the box and I was hooked. The bike becomes a flying machine by rotating the undercarriage so the wheels become engines. The design reminds me of M.A.S.K., an 80's cartoon wherein vehicles transformed into battle machines, which in turn spawned a cool line of toys. This sort of thing is right up my alley, and the set did not disappoint. The transformation works very well and produces a nice looking aircraft, while the bike mode Is reminiscent of Tron, with those dark azure rings. I wish LEGO would do a whole line based on this sort of conversion theme. It'd work well for an Agents 2.0. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Saw this on Target.com and thought it was interesting:

14547621_Alt05_130430163000.jpg

Seems weird.

-Sci

Obviously the Target.com photographer was running late so he couldn't finish building the set before he snapped the picture and left work.

In case anyone is interested, I just got around to posting my photos of the LEGOLAND Billund Chima Miniland from this summer: http://questforbrick...chima-miniland/

Thanks so much for the pictures! These builds look absolutely stunning and very show accurate. Wish I could see it in person!