Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

I made a mistake in the last round, Ricky received too much damage because I forgot that he fights in the back row.

Battle Round Thirteen:

Erdathcath - weakens Ricky (success)

Erdathcath vs. Malbert - Special Damage

Eric vs. Ricky - Hit

Monk Pretzel heals Eric - Heal

Eric vs. Ricky - Extra Critical Hit

The battle starts off by Erdy successfully weakening Ricky, but is then hit in the face by Malbert's special damage. Thankfully, her charm protects her and she receives no negative effects from Malbert. Eric, ready and roaring for a fair fight, hits Eric in the face causing 68 damage! Monk Pretzel then heals Eric restoring him to full health. Eric, with full health, then goes and performs an extra critical hit on Ricky causing a powerful blow of 120 damage!

Enemies:

rickyriding-icon.jpg

Ricky Riding the Archer
*lucky (causes jinxed effect to whoever targets him)*
*weakened (3 rounds left)*

Level 28 Humanoid

Health: 413/801

Special:
Absolutely Stunning
- Target is hit with 10 damage and is
stunned

Drops: Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), 42 gold

Note: Ricky Riding fights from the back row, so all non-ranged attacks will do half damage to him, while his attacks do full damage to heroes in back row.

malbert-icon.jpg

Malbert the Mage

Level 24 Humanoid

Health: 326/667

Special:
Stone Soup
- You've pissed off gramps and he's giving you a taste of his medicine! Target is
petrified

Drops: Staff of Malbert (WP:10, Light-Elemental), Deadly Venom x2

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 21 Raider
*party leader*
*hastened*
*encouraged*
*lucky*

Power:

Health: 39/39

Gold: 1606

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row)

Inventory: Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (12x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11.5 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 21/21

Ether: 17/19

Gold: 101

Equipment: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17 Druid
*hastened*

Power: 27

Health: 18/32

Ether: 19/20

Gold: 310

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe

Party leader, please give the battle order. And everyone give me their actions. Thank'ee!

Edited by Flare

Ok, I think at this point it would be best for me to weaken malbert, then attack him each round, his special effect does nothing to me, so in that case I am quite safe.

"If you want that Scroll of Sleep, just say so! Let's get on with this and take out this brigands"

Eric attacks Ricky from the front row, using Godricsleif (twice).

Battle order:

Eric

Eric

Erdathcath

Erdathcath

Pretzel

Not too worried about the sleeping scroll for right now.

I'll shall Weaken Malbert then I will attack Malbert from the Back Row with my Handcannon.

OOC: For auto-rolling, this is probably what I'll just keep doing.

"Eric, put me first in the battle order, if you don't mind. I will seal Ricky from the back row.

Since I'm quite certain Eric will agree, there's no reason for him not to, and for the sake of being able to get this round off in case Khorne doesn't get online:

Battle Order:

Monk Pretzel: Seals Ricky

Erdathcath: Weakens Malbert

Erdathcath: Attacks Malbert (Back Row)

Eric: Attacks Ricky (Front Row)

Eric: Attacks Ricky (Front Row)

Just realized that this is the exact opposite battle order than Eric had. :blush: The battle order doesn't matter at all so long as I go before Eric, and Erdathcath weakens Malbert before she attacks him. :classic: For auto-rolling purposes, I will heal Erdatcath next round, unless my sealing doesn't work and Eric gets special damage, in which case I will do something else. I will seal Ricky whenever the three turns are up, unless someone needs healing more. Understand? :sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

Drat. So where were we? :sceptic:

If I remember correctly, you guys had finished beating Ricky & Malbert, then you had made it to Demon Frog Valley, and Pretzel snooped around everywhere, and then Erdy said "It" hoping it was the correct password for the door.

OK well let me try to summarize.

The battle was won. The following loot was collected and given to:

To Erdathcath -

satchel_of_awesomeness.jpg

Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), 1x Deadly Venom, 21 gold

To Pretzel -

malberts_staff.jpg

Staff of Malbert (WP:10, Light-Elemental), 1x Deadly Venom, 21 gold

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 21 1/3 Raider
*party leader*

Power: 34

Health: 39/39

Gold: 1606

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row)

Inventory: Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (12x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 12 Cleric

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Ether: 17/20

Gold: 122

Equipment: Staff of Malbert (WP:10,
Light-Elemental
), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*

Health: 31/31

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe

13.jpg

The heroes arrive to Demon Frog Valley. Pretzel investigates everything and digs everywhere also. The frogs are annoyed.

evilfrog.jpg

"Ribbit! Stupid heroes, go away! Croaak"

15-door1.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think I saved the text from what was written on the door :wall: But Erdy correctly said the password: "It"

15-door1-2.jpg

The door is open. Do the heroes want to enter?

Hey, I made a post in here yesterday. Where'd it disappear too? I believe Eric had somewhere closer to 2000 gold if not more than that, but I don't know whether you're counting it or not. :sceptic:

I give the frogs one last, furious look, with a sort of malicious triumpant air to it, before heading on into the tunnel.

Edited by Palathadric

QM Note: Unfortunately it seems that Khorne will not be able to participate in the quest any longer, so from now on its just Erdy & Pretzel. I'm sorry that Khorne has to go, he's been a great player and party leader and I hope he will be able to participate in a future quest of mine. I am not sure at the moment if he will be replaced or not, so I guess I will have to downtone some of the upcoming battles :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: Thanks for playing, Khorne! :classic:

As Erdy and Pretzel enter the cave, Eric walks away mumbling something about being allergic to magic doors and demon frogs, or something like that. Eric has left the party. If Erdy & Pretzel want someone new to join the party then perhaps they should start jumping up and down screaming for Eugene the Genie to go to Heroica and get someone... :grin:

They enter the cave. They see in front of them three ways that they could go......

c.jpg

...but before they have a chance to make another move they hear gears starting to whir and move and an eery voice coming from above them:

"You have 60 minutes until the door is closed. The gears are moving. If you are locked in here, there is another door out... but beware, you may not find it. Choose wisely which ways you go, and listen for the loud clicks - each time you hear a loud click it means a minute has gone past... don't waste your time! Get going!"

Erdathcath is now the party leader. Please choose which way you want to go.

For future reference here is the party:

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 12 Cleric

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Ether: 17/20

Gold: 122

Equipment: Staff of Malbert (WP:10,
Light-Elemental
), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17.5 Druid
*party leader*
*lucky*

Health: 31/31

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe
Edited by Flare

Poor Eric, he will truly be missed. :sad:

As for the doors, Monk, you should check them all with your magnifying glass, and I shall look around to see if there is another way out.

If we only have 60 minutes, perhaps there is a way we could quickly check each of the 3 doors before the time is up and we are trapped.

There is no other way out of the room you are currently in, besides the way behind you that you came in from and the three ways in front of you. It seems that the three doors are actually passageways.

Edited by Flare

It could just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but perhaps the far right passageway may be the best, as the other two almost look blocked. What do you think Monk?

"Agreed! I don't know if it was made that way to deceive us, but still I think the room on the right is our best choice. Let's go! That young chap just didn't have the guts to enter this place now, did he? :hmpf_bad: Maybe he will join us again later."

I examine the area around the door quickly with my magnifying glass before entering, so as to be sure there are no traps.

Erdy and Pretzel go through the right door. They immediately come up to another small room with two doors, one straight ahead and one to the right.

br.jpg

They hear a loud click, meaning that they have 59 minutes remaining. No time to waste! Which way should the party go?

Edited by Flare

"Right again, unless you think differently."

I examine the floor the area inside the door for traps or deadfalls, etc, etc.

Alright Monk, let's split up. You take 1 passageway and walk for about 20 minutes, while I take a different passageway and walk for 20 minutes. If after that time nothing new arrives walk back (another 20 minutes back) in which case we will have plenty of time to walk into the third one, which will hopefully get us somewhere. What do you think?

QM Note: I'd prefer if you didn't split up, because it will make things a lot more complicated, plus it might not be safe for little Monkie to go wandering around the dangerous caves all by himself :grin:

You'll probably have time to visit most of the ways, in any case.

A sudden thought comes to mind, and Erdathcath decides it would be safer if they both travel together

"Let's just travel down the passageway to the right."

The party takes the right path and yet again finds themselves at another choice - straight or to the right?

br.jpg

*Click* 58 minutes left.

The party this time still travels to the right. They walk through a long tunnel, they hear *click* and then still walking they hear another *click*. They finally arrive to their next stop.

bl.jpg

This time they don't have the option of going to the right anymore! Another *click* is heard, 55 minutes remain for the heroes.

Edited by Flare