Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Quick Pic Review: 6873 Spider-Man's Doc Ock Ambush

Hello! just2good here and this is a quick review of the set. Watch my video review here and read my written review here.

Set No.: 6873

Price: $30 USD

Figures: 3

Pieces: 295

Excuse me for my bad picture taking. I've been really busy lately. :look:

7600283516_792fcecc1e.jpg

Box's front.

7600285062_31edb6a3d0.jpg

Box's back.

7600279896_ba759491c2.jpg

Figures' front.

7600281082_ec6e73402e.jpg

Figures' back.

7600282090_fffc4477cb.jpg

Doc Ock's tentacles.

7600286180_24ab648c39.jpg

This is a cute little graphic from the back of the instructions. Notice, Spidey has awesome arm and leg printing, despite the final version not containing any leg or arm printing on ANY of the figures.

7600287274_06b6949bf5.jpg

The comic book.

7600288360_32d4401d48.jpg

The set all together. There's a lot of sky blue!

Overall, this set is great, but I would buy the Wolverine set first since the Wolverine set is cheaper by $10 USD and includes 3 exclusive figures (just like this set). But still, the pieces in this set are great and the same goes for the $30 USD price point.

9/10

Oh, I heard Oky is releasing a review next week so if this review was too sloppy and quick for you, just wait. :laugh:

And if any of you have a request, post it in a reply.

All photos from my photostream.

Edited by just2good

Thanks! This will hold me over in till Oky's. I like the Spiderman, but I would prefer his legs as shown in the Lego Club ad. It has web like legs! Oh well. A nice set with good value. Thanks!

Thanks for the sneak peak. This set just came in at my (no so local) Lego store and I was on the fence about purchasing it. I want it for the figures, but don't really care for the play set. Could you post a photo of the elements inventory page of the instructions? I would like to see if there are any pieces in there that I can use for my current 'on the go' builds.

Thanks for the sneak peak. This set just came in at my (no so local) Lego store and I was on the fence about purchasing it. I want it for the figures, but don't really care for the play set. Could you post a photo of the elements inventory page of the instructions? I would like to see if there are any pieces in there that I can use for my current 'on the go' builds.

Here you go.

7605183338_ed4e89e5c2.jpg

7605185112_4c5efd56cc.jpg

Edited by just2good

I actually really like the playset. It has a nice little lab area, holding cell, and vent system. I much prefer this playset as to the Hellicarrier Breakout one :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures. I mostly want the figures, but the pieces may come in handy for something else. Although, I didn't realize Harry Potter was actually Doc Ock in disguise!

Thanks for posting these pics! I'll have to wait until Oky's review to give a final judgement, but right now I'm split. I wasn't going to buy it due to the price and not-so-good set, but the minifigs are good. I guess I'll keep an eye on Bricklink prices for them but I think buying the whole set'll be the better deal. :hmpf_bad: So far I just don't like the overall structure, and $30 ($40 in Canada) for 295 pieces is horrible! Agh, I'm so conflicted.

Seems like a decent set, the only thing is that I really don't like doc ocs little vehicle thing. It's kinda crappy looking.

In the Lego Clube ad it shows spidey with red arms instead of blue also instead of all blue legs he has blue hips with red legs *huh*

Edited by Himstone

Nice pics! I'd rather it be $20. Around the same pieces and the same figs as the Loki and the Wolvie set.

Thanks for the review, I was really looking forward to a written one :thumbup:

I posted one on Brickset here.

If Spider-man was printed like he is in the comic, I would buy this for 50 dollars :thumbup:

If Spider-man was printed like he is in the comic, I would buy this for 50 dollars :thumbup:

We all would. :laugh:

EDIT: This is my 1229th post! My birthday number! :grin:

Edited by just2good

So does the top of the vent shaft do something?

You can twirl the vent around, but that is about it.

Looks like a good little set. I'm a sucker for lab scenes (Though I agree the helicarrier was kind of lacking) and I could use that Spider Man for some shots and such.

Interesting pictures. A bit dark in places, and of course not a full review. But it's still nice to see the set and especially the figures from different angles.

Interesting pictures. A bit dark in places, and of course not a full review. But it's still nice to see the set and especially the figures from different angles.

I could take better pictures, but that takes for ever. I plan on finishing a RA review by the end of this year, but I'm pretty busy. :look:

7600286180_24ab648c39.jpg

I find this image very intriguing, I wonder if LEGO was or is going to add printing? If so I'll be a happy AFOL!

Love all the figures, if I gave this Spider-Man the movie Spider-Man's legs he would look awesome, like the original comics! :sweet:

Thanks for the review!

Maybe they did this Spiderman this way without some of the printing because of the sets coming out next year. They will retool him a bit to make people want to buy those sets with a new "exclusive" figure?? I just know people hate getting multiples of some characters so Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman having multiple versions of themselves in such a short amount of time may make some people unhappy and not want to buy the more expensive sets. Any thoughts?

Maybe they did this Spiderman this way without some of the printing because of the sets coming out next year. They will retool him a bit to make people want to buy those sets with a new "exclusive" figure?? I just know people hate getting multiples of some characters so Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman having multiple versions of themselves in such a short amount of time may make some people unhappy and not want to buy the more expensive sets. Any thoughts?

They could, but they also have to pair him up good. Him and venom and/or nick fury would work. To kids, Venom is cool, so they will want that.

LEGO store in Cincinnati has them in stock as of today. My wife picked one up for me on her lunch break. Just have to find the time to build it...