Sign in to follow this  
______

Avengers Quinjet MOC

Well, who didn't see the Avengers film? It was amazing, and I felt I needed to make my own MOC from the film, so I chose to make the Quinjet! The number 1 form of transportation for your little Avengers. Featuring propellers, opening doors, moving wings, seats for 2 pilots and seating areas for your mini Thor or Captain America.

My MOC took around 2 months, with large breaks of not adding anything to it mind. :wink: The first problem was colour, the jet is light grey in the official set, in some pictures it looks black and indeed the original Quinjet was light grey, however I felt the film version was more of a darker grey, so that's the first change from the original set. Another problem is, this is my first proper LEGO aircraft, with more experience I think it could have looked cooler. :wink:

7590292504_116db58ff5.jpg

One thing you can notice here is that the wings don't have a giant S.H.I.E.L.D logo on them like in the movie, unfortunately I don't own the official set, so cutting up the decals from that was a no go. But I do have the jeep, so I used those stickers. :hmpf:

7590280556_d828d84d70.jpg

Here's the top of the Quinjet, you can see here the working flaps on the wings and just under those, propellers! For some reason I'm rather fond of those. :tongue:

7590252824_8fb0cce822_n.jpg

Here's our brave pilots, based on the tiny images I could find of those soldiers walking out the Quinjet. They're probably not entirely accurate, but they'll do me. Anyway, the cockpit can fit 2 people! Now that I truly am proud of, it was tedious, but I managed it in the end.

7590269184_4ecc9226b5_n.jpg7590264304_98013b936e_n.jpg

And here is the working door, the last thing I finished on my MOC. I don't have many of those slope type bricks in grey, so I improvised, changing some grey to dark blue, the MOC at this point was starting to look too grey for my liking, it needed to look like a S.H.I.E.L.D vehicle.

7590245514_8a82db35b5_n.jpg

Agent Coulson doesn't like you playing Galaga, but secretly when no one's looking he goes straight onto the Quinjet's computer to play it.

7590236302_02553163a4.jpg

Ignoring the hand, this is probably my favourite part of the MOC. Everyone's obsessed with making things studless, so even the bottom of my Quinjet is studless! :laugh:

Swooshability: 9/10 (Very swooshable surprisingly)

Accuracy: 7/10

Amount of dark grey cheese supply used: 99.99% (And I still wanted it to have more cheese)

Bonus shot:

7590240256_476236b175.jpg

See? This thing CAN fit the Hulk.

Thanks for looking and please comment and criticise. :grin:

amazing moc " halfpenguinhalflego " , in my opinion this betters the official by far :wub: ! Great work :thumbup:

Thanks very much! :sweet:

Looks good! Although I am still quite fond of the official Lego version of the Quinjet.

(...)

Amount of dark grey cheese supply used: 99.99% (And I still wanted it to have more cheese)

(...)

So... That means you must have used (at least) 9999 dark grey cheese slopes, if your total collection counts (at least) 10000 dark grey cheese slopes (unless you were using parts of grey slopes). :tongue:

So... That means you must have used (at least) 9999 dark grey cheese slopes, if your total collection counts (at least) 10000 dark grey cheese slopes (unless you were using parts of grey slopes). :tongue:

Well the thing is, before I made this I thought I had a healthy supply of dark grey cheese slopes, it turns out I have A LOT less than 1000. :wink:

This Quinjet Moc... I like it! *SMASH!* ANOTHER!! scnr

Your MOC is definitely superior to TLC's version! Thanks for showing!

Be well!

Cutty

Nice MOC! I like the detail but into this - much better than the official! Can you show your Coulsen fig?

This Quinjet Moc... I like it! *SMASH!* ANOTHER!! scnr

Love the Thor reference! :laugh:

AWESOME MOC of the Quinjet 'halfpenguinhalflego', Nick Fury would be impressed indeed ! :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

Now all it needs IS Nick Fury

Can you show your Coulsen fig?

I can do better than that, I also have a Black Panther fig to show off, I'll take pics later and add them here. :grin:

EDIT: Here you go! 7596703656_4fa5d64819_m.jpg7596706318_03e42e7496_m.jpg

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

Looks like your Quinjet is gonna become more popular than mine! :wink:

Good job! You definitely captured a lot of the angles that are so iconic for this ship. One of the features I like the most - and that unfortunately I had to remove from the official model - is the angled wings, which makes a whole difference in the final design. But I had to give the kids the chance to hold the model from the wings... :hmpf_bad: Damn these kids that play with LEGO, if it wasn't for them... (irony! :tongue: )

Keep up the great work!

P.S. And nice to see that you kept the little fire extinguisher!! Safety always, right? :thumbup:

Looks like your Quinjet is gonna become more popular than mine! :wink:

Good job! You definitely captured a lot of the angles that are so iconic for this ship. One of the features I like the most - and that unfortunately I had to remove from the official model - is the angled wings, which makes a whole difference in the final design. But I had to give the kids the chance to hold the model from the wings... :hmpf_bad: Damn these kids that play with LEGO, if it wasn't for them... (irony! :tongue: )

Keep up the great work!

P.S. And nice to see that you kept the little fire extinguisher!! Safety always, right? :thumbup:

I can't believe I have a comment from the creator of the real LEGO set. :blush: Thanks!

That fire extinguisher was a little nod to the official sets as well, glad you noticed! :wink:

Great work. I would certanly buy one of these if i ever had the chance.[/sup](Though i still have a love for marcosbessas). I would love to see what mr fury thinks when he boards it. I think his face will look a little bit like this.

7597455506_11b83a46ae_m.jpg

Samuel L Jackson image Nick Fury by Joker 789, on Flickr

"Thats one fine looking quinjet"

Edited by The Joker1

Great work. I would certanly buy one of these if i ever had the chance.[/sup](Though i still have a love for marcosbessas). I would love to see what mr fury thinks when he boards it. I think his face will look a little bit like this.

7597455506_11b83a46ae_m.jpg

Samuel L Jackson image Nick Fury by Joker 789, on Flickr

"Thats one fine looking quinjet"

Love that, I hope the LEGO Nick Fury has that face as a reversible head! :wink: