CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

And New Goblin and Peter's Dark side.

Those aren't really villains though. The New Goblin turns good in the end, and Peter's"Dark Side" is just Venom, the symbiote, taking over his mind so that sort of fits in the Venom category. Sandman and Venom were actual villains throughout the movie which is what I think he was referring to.

As for when we will see these sets, I really don't think we will see them until maybe a couple of weeks or days before they are released. LEGO seems to have locked down all the potential leaks. I really can't wait to see the Bugle :wub: that is a definite must by for me!

Last year at New York comic con did we just get pictures of the Batcave or did LEGO show off any other superheroes stuff? Also given the trend of last year do you guys think we will be getting ultra rare minifigures at toy fair.

The showed The Batcave at NYCC in its entirety, so I expect Arkham.

What's happening with the ultrabuild figures? Did LEGO realize they were doomed from the start?

Possibly. I been to several Targets recently and all of the them have the ultrabuild figures fully stocked. I haven't seen anyone pick up an ultrabuild set, let alone buy one.

Ultrabuilds suck.

If I wanted a real action figure I'd get an actual action figure. Not one that looks incredibly deformed.

My one problem with this theme is the time frame at which sets are released. In the UK we get the first wave January 1st and the second around the end of April. I know it makes sense get the comic/TV sets out in the winter and the Movie sets just before the films are released. It's just such a long wait then from April back to January. I know this year we got the Spider-man set but one set isn't really a wave. I think it would be a easier to split the winter wave in half 3 about October/ September and the rest in January. It just breaks the wait up a little if we got the same amount of sets in 3 waves. Or even a 3rd wave with brand new sets I wouldn't complain :laugh: .

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I agree with you, Sam, and wish there were an additional wave next year. However, I believe that 2013 will be just like 2012 in release timing. Iron Man 3 is being released the same weekend as The Avengers was this year (early May), and Man of Steel in mid June. I'm okay with it though, because I'm sure that releasing more waves of sets compounds overhead costs for LEGO, which would then get passed along to us.

I agree with you, Sam, and wish there were an additional wave next year. However, I believe that 2013 will be just like 2012 in release timing. Iron Man 3 is being released the same weekend as The Avengers was this year (early May), and Man of Steel in mid June. I'm okay with it though, because I'm sure that releasing more waves of sets compounds overhead costs for LEGO, which would then get passed along to us.

True the marketing around another wave would cost more money. In that case then LEGO could move the winter wave back a few months to around October/ November. That way the sets would be fresh for Christmas and there would be a balanced amount of time between each wave. Although the current release schedule has some benefits, it could result in a problem for TLC. When the second wave is released so soon after the first it would steel some potential sales from the first. I suppose one good point from the current set up is that I don't have to worry for 9 months about new sets coming out. Gives me time to catch up.

I think Christmas is irrelevant to new sets. Lego practically sells out everywhere in the US around that time no matter what. In a way it probably clears out all their older sets and stock just in time for the new sets to arrive. I theorize that putting the new sets just before the holidays wouldn't actually make that much of a difference considering the impressive sales they get around that time anyways.

And a ton of stores get January sets in December anyways.

Most toy manufacturers like to have something new to release in the build up to Christmas. Although some popular products will sell well anyway there are always a few that make a late run inpopularity due to product reviews and adverts.

Those reviews are usually reserved for something new on the market.

If TLG didnt release anything in December they would probably lose a lot of ground to someone who did time their release for that time. The marketplace is more competitive for them than ever before and they will capitalize on this time of year.

Last year, Hogwarts castle was named in the UK as one of the top 20 toys to get for Christmas. It promptly sold out everywhere.

this is a different theme from anything before as it's really two licenses rolled into one. I'm sure they will rationalise the release dates as the line becomes more established.

I had a look at the last few Ultimate Spider-man Episode lists, and it looks like The Beatle returns. I also have a feeling that the upcoming Bugle set may be based on this episode. After all Jameson didn't make a physical appearance in the other episode. Also after the his first appearance the Beetle still has a vendetta against Jameson. So I'm guessing he and Doctor Doom attack the Daily Bugle again with Spider-man and Friends save the day. However I also know the LEGO isn't always known for its accuracy.

I'd be more interested in the Ultimate Spiderman sets if the cartoon wasn't so much worse than the Spectacular Spiderman was. That show was turning into another legendary show. This new Spiderman that replaced it is... crap. It really, really is. I mean the Spectacular Spiderman was written in a style that appealed to everyone. It was more intelligent (as far as kids shows go). This new one... is none of that.

So, I bought one Spiderman set just for the Spiderman Minifigure. If more come out I'll likely ignore them unless they have awesome minifigures. I mean, Ironfist... not even on my top 100 list and the visual interpretation of Doc Oc isn't near my favorite. I feel Ultimate Spiderman is one of the weaker Spiderman shows/movies that has come out so far.

You can hate the show but still like the LEGO sets! Its definitely not one or the other. Plus the next characters coming are pretty close to their comic book appearance so it should make a lot of people happy. Beetle, Doom, Venom, and Nova are all pretty much what they would look like even if they weren't based of the show :thumbup:

You can hate the show but still like the LEGO sets! Its definitely not one or the other. Plus the next characters coming are pretty close to their comic book appearance so it should make a lot of people happy. Beetle, Doom, Venom, and Nova are all pretty much what they would look like even if they weren't based of the show :thumbup:

That's not to mention Nick Fury, who looks incredible. He could easily blend in with many Marvel set, he can hang out with Wolverine or sit with Hulk on the Helicarrier.

Edited by Sam892

Well I left him off because his torso is based off the cartoon and not so much the comics (or The Avengers movie for what its worth), but you are definitely right about his "non-cartoony" look! He is another great looking fig :wub:

Edited for grammar! Doc Conners would be proud :classic:

Edited by Spider-Man

That's one great thing about Nick Fury being based off of Samuel L. Jackson in all of the cartoons. :D

That's one great thing about Nick Fury being based off of Samuel L. Jackson in all of the cartoons. :D

There is a reason why the show is called the Ultimate Spiderman. Nick Fury, like some of the others, are based on their Ultimate Marvel appearances. Ultimate Nick Fury was modeled after Samuel Jackson on the agreement that Sam would play him in future films.

-Omi

There is a reason why the show is called the Ultimate Spiderman. Nick Fury, like some of the others, are based on their Ultimate Marvel appearances. Ultimate Nick Fury was modeled after Samuel Jackson on the agreement that Sam would play him in future films.

-Omi

I also read that the Samuel L Jackson version of Fury ( the ultimate version ) is now in the main universe aswell.

Hopefully the set fury comes in includes a little but of scenery as the Spider cycle isn't a big enough vehicle for that price.

I also read that the Samuel L Jackson version of Fury ( the ultimate version ) is now in the main universe aswell.

Hopefully the set fury comes in includes a little but of scenery as the Spider cycle isn't a big enough vehicle for that price.

Fury comes with a car.