Sign in to follow this  
Brickscape

American Pickers go to Tatooine - Episode I

Here's my first foray into the world of LEGO comics combining one of my favorite TV shows with one of my favorite movies. I made minifigs of Mike and Frank and then got the crazy idea of them picking Watto's junk shop and thus this comic was born. The pics below have been reduced in size which has made the dialog balloons a bit fuzzy, but check the link at the end for clearer pics. Enjoy!

7562755774_701fbbae48.jpg

7562755860_03c4479c58_b.jpg

7562755954_a686405d24_b.jpg

7562756034_5e01df3d64_b.jpg

7562756124_6d8ca4d003_b.jpg

7562756188_e6212b5ff9_b.jpg

7562756262_e88cd732fc_b.jpg

7562755692_e1689c1bb4_b.jpg

The original can be found here and the rest of the series (so far) can be found here.

I've never watched American Pickers, but this is pretty funny. The photography is good too. What program did you put the comic together with? Well, now to go read the rest of the series. Great comic!

Haha, this is great. I can't stand the TV show but this was funny. Can't wait for the next installment.

Thanks everyone! I'm still trying to work up the energy to finish the series (out in the larger junkyard).

I've never watched American Pickers, but this is pretty funny. The photography is good too. What program did you put the comic together with? Well, now to go read the rest of the series. Great comic!

I went real simple when putting the comic together. I just created dialog balloons (and other text effects) in PowerPoint and pasted them into the images in Paint and saved them as new image files.

Excellent work! :thumbup: Now, all you have to do next is "Pawn Stars on Hoth." :tongue:

This is great. I watch the show all the time, and they even visited my friends house as he collects old signs and motorbikes. I was told they were great guys.

This is a great representation and too funny. :laugh: