Sign in to follow this  
Golbolco

An Idea for a New Castle Theme

I really don't see them doing another "fantasy"-based Castle theme while they have LOTR. So no trolls, orcs, elves, dwarfs and the likes.

I could see them do another human-focused theme like Kingdoms, though. But I'm sorry to say that I don't see it as being realistic that LEGO will do any theme ever with that many factions as you propose.

Medieval fantasy is probably out, but I could see them doing an ancient civilizations theme.

That could entail a wide variety of cultures:

Indian (sub-continental)

Mesopotamian (Babylonian, Persian, Kushites, etc.)

Greek: Spartan, Athenian and Macedonian (Alexander)

Roman Empire (East and West)

Huns (Attila)

Turks

Visigoths (like you said)

Norse (not just the people who went 'a Viking')

Celtic tribes (may intrude a bit on LOTR, but they ranged throughout Europe before the Roman conquest and obliteration of their cultures)

If TLG wants to really differ from LOTR, they could go with a Mezo-American or Pre-Columbian theme. There's the Aztecs, the Maya, the Olmec, the Innuit and a whole range of tribes from North America. There are also a host of Polynesian and Aboriginal peoples they could do. And when/if LOTR does wind down (probably after the DVD release of the second Hobbit movie) they could fold the classic Castle themes into Ancient Civilizations.

This is all speculation, though.

Edited by gedren_y

Some of this would work, but there's too many factions of different themes. Pirates have a good chance of returning next year as an individual theme. Same with ninja's and samurai I have a feeling Ninjago will still continue in 2013. Also orcs, goblins, and trolls probably won't exist until LOTR is gone. I think the human faction fighting undead and necromancers( your black warriors) can very easily work.

You will find that some of us already have custom made factions you listed. I have an Egyptian army with around 30 men. Spartan army of 20 (cost me a small fortune), centaur army (20) and so on. I have been purchasing so many minifigs that I have lost the count. Im well over 1,600 pirate and castle minifigs put together.

With that said, I'd love to see LEGO come up with all those themes.

Fantasy Era got me into castle. I didn't realize it was only the fantasy aspect that I liked, as afterwards, with Kingdoms, I wasn't really interested.

But now with LOTR I'm happy - and hopefully it will last a few years... I'm hoping 2012, 2013 (right after Hobbit Part 1), on into 2014 (after part 2); after that, I'm thinking there won't be a whole lot of castle that I'll be interested in because I really doubt they'll do another fantasy line after LOTR, and that doesn't bother me the least. I'm trying to buy less, not more.

I dont think that we are going to see anything like fantasy era while lotr is out... but I would really love to see a greek-roman theme (lego must do it sometime! the minifigs were great and they dont need to design too many new parts... helmets, swords, spears, shields, minifigs are ready... maybe only a few additions..).

A kingdoms II with the return of a black falcons and a new fraction would also be great!

I think it would be great to see the return of the forestmen! A Kingdoms II with falcon knights and forestmen themes would be great!

You will find that some of us already have custom made factions you listed. I have an Egyptian army with around 30 men. Spartan army of 20 (cost me a small fortune), centaur army (20) and so on. I have been purchasing so many minifigs that I have lost the count. Im well over 1,600 pirate and castle minifigs put together.

With that said, I'd love to see LEGO come up with all those themes.

Over 1600 pirate and castle minifigs? Ever plan on thinning those out a little? My armies could sure use some bulking up.

I think it would be great to see the return of the forestmen! A Kingdoms II with falcon knights and forestmen themes would be great!

I wouldn't mind seeing a "new" castle theme that expands on all of the classic castle factions (forestmen, wolfpack, fright knights, black falcons, dragon knights) and puts them in modular buildings (towers, castle walls, shops, barracks, inn/taverns, etc). Adding in more dwarf and troll sets would be great too, but what I would really like to see is an entire elf sub-theme. I'm imagining tall towers possibly made of gold bricks.

Fantasy castle got me back into lego. I prefer fantasy to humans, at least lotr has some fantasy figs and elves!