Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

It should be noted that even if an enemy has an elemental imbued weapon, their attacks are not elementally based unless stated otherwise. In essence all enemy attacks are normal, thus it doesn't make sense that a class is weak to light elemental attacks.

It should be noted that even if an enemy has an elemental imbued weapon, their attacks are not elementally based unless stated otherwise. In essence all enemy attacks are normal, thus it doesn't make sense that a class is weak to light elemental attacks.

Why not? It means simply that if the enemy has a Light-imbued weapon, multiply the Damage by 2.

Why not? It means simply that if the enemy has a Light-imbued weapon, multiply the Damage by 2.

That's an extremely unlikely event that hasn't even occurred before.

That's an extremely unlikely event that hasn't even occurred before.

*huh* I didn't realize that. Why not?

Note: Holy monsters count as Light-elemental aswell. (Think of the Violetta's Holy-cat assistant in Quest #33.)

*huh* I didn't realize that. Why not?

Note: Holy monsters count as Light-elemental aswell. (Think of the Violetta's Holy-cat assistant in Quest #33.)

Because it's more likely for an enemy to drop the gem itself. Even then, few Diamonds even exist.

Because it's more likely for an enemy to drop the gem itself. Even then, few Diamonds even exist.

I'll edit it to say that it is for Light-type, Light-imbued, or Light-using enemies.

Version 3.0:

Anubin Hunter

*Pic Coming*

Additional Health: +12

Additional Ether: 0 (Anubin Hunters cannot use Ether)

Weapons: Longswords, Bows, and Polearms - as long as they have been imbued with the Darkness element. Also, Anubin Hunters can use Shields.

Job Traits: In accordance with Anub's Order, Anubin Hunters use the powers of the Darkness Element to hunt down and destroy Anub's enemies.

Dark Spirit: Anubin Hunters may not wield any weapon that is not Darkness-imbued (dual-imbued weapons are allowed, as long as one of the elements is Darkness). Anubin Hunters are immune to Darkness damage but take double damage from Light-Type and Light-and Light-imbued-weapon-using enemies. Anubin Hunters can use Holy Bombs, but they inflict 5 Damage to themselves by doing so.

Threaten (see Black Knight)

Track Down (see Ranger)

Battle Style:

1. SHIELD: One of 2 Shield effects is chosen at random, via a dice roll.

2. CRITICAL HIT: The Anubin Hunter Attacks its target with the strength of its WP x2 + its Level.

3. HIT: The Anubin Hunter attacks the target with the strength of its WP + its Level.

4. AIM: The Anubin Hunter attacks its target with the strength of its WP only.

5. DAMAGE/DEFLECTION: The Anubin Hunter has a 50/50 chance of A. Deflecting its target's Damage to another (randomly-chosen) participant in the Battle (can be friend or foe), or B. Being struck by its opponent's damage.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Anubin Hunter is struck by its opponent's special skill.

SHIELD ACTIONS:

1 - 3: Anub's Curse - As a punishment for disobedience, Anub Curses all enemies, and additionally, the Anubin Hunter.

4 - 6: Anub's Reward - In return for doing his bidding, Anub drains Health equally from all enemies such that every Hero is healed by 10 HP, in addition to removing all negative effects from the Anubin Hunter

Eligibility for Anubin Hunter:

Great reputation with the Cult of Anub.

Edited by LEGOman273

Remember that enemy type does not mean the same thing as elemental, i.e. a pheonix is a fiery monster, but it is not fire and wind elemental. Monster types (Holy for example) do not correlate to elemental types (Light), I understand what you want to do but I think you need to build a disadvantage into your class in another way, possibly make the class just weak against holy monsters and immune to demons.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Remember that enemy type does not mean the same thing as elemental, i.e. a pheonix is a fiery monster, but it is not fire and wind elemental. Monster types (Holy for example) do not correlate to elemental types (Light), I understand what you want to do but I think you need to build a disadvantage into your class in another way.

Odd. :wacko: I thought that they were the same, as "Holy Bombs" are Light-elemental.

I'll think of another disadvantage.

I'll edit it to say that it is for Light-type, Light-imbued, or Light-using enemies.

*Snip*

An holy monster would not necessarily have light elemental attacks, though; in the same way a plant may not have wood elemental attacks, as it's 'attacks' are just clobbering people with a branch, an holy monster may have a sword made of normal metal, or a sword of flame, or something else.

Good example: Thormanil (swils) has armour that protects him completely (I think) from darkness damage, however he has lightning-type attacks.

Quest masters would have to give attack types to monsters as well as normal types.

Lots of people posting at once...

Remember that enemy type does not mean the same thing as elemental, i.e. a pheonix is a fiery monster, but it is not fire and wind elemental. Monster types (Holy for example) do not correlate to elemental types (Light), I understand what you want to do but I think you need to build a disadvantage into your class in another way, possibly make the class just weak against holy monsters and immune to demons.

Brilliant! That is exactly what I will do. Thanks! :thumbup:

An holy monster would not necessarily have light elemental attacks, though; in the same way a plant may not have wood elemental attacks, as it's 'attacks' are just clobbering people with a branch, an holy monster may have a sword made of normal metal, or a sword of flame, or something else.

Good example: Thormanil (swils) has armour that protects him completely (I think) from darkness damage, however he has lightning-type attacks.

Quest masters would have to give attack types to monsters as well as normal types.

Lots of people posting at once...

WBD solved the problem. See above:^^

Version 4.0:

Anubin Hunter

*Pic Coming*

Additional Health: +12

Additional Ether: 0 (Anubin Hunters cannot use Ether)

Weapons: Longswords, Bows, and Polearms - as long as they have been imbued with the Darkness element. Also, Anubin Hunters can use Shields.

Job Traits: In accordance with Anub's Order, Anubin Hunters use the powers of the Darkness Element to hunt down and destroy Anub's enemies.

Dark Spirit: Anubin Hunters may not wield any weapon that is not Darkness-imbued (dual-imbued weapons are allowed, as long as one of the elements is Darkness). Anubin Hunters are immune to attacks from Demonic/Nocturnal monsters, but take double Damage from Holy monsters. Anubin Hunters can use Light-imbued weapons and Holy Bombs, but they inflict 5 Damage to themselves by doing so.

Threaten (see Black Knight)

Track Down (see Ranger)

Battle Style:

1. SHIELD: One of 2 Shield effects is chosen at random, via a dice roll.

2. CRITICAL HIT: The Anubin Hunter Attacks its target with the strength of its WP x2 + its Level.

3. HIT: The Anubin Hunter attacks the target with the strength of its WP + its Level.

4. ANUB'S PROTECTION: Anub surrounds the Anubin Hunter with a bubble of Dark energy that absorbs all attacks and effects for one round, but in doing so the Anubin Hunter is *Weakened* for one round.

5. DAMAGE/DEFLECTION: The Anubin Hunter has a 50/50 chance of A. Deflecting its target's Damage to another (randomly-chosen) participant in the Battle (can be friend or foe), or B. Being struck by its opponent's damage.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Anubin Hunter is struck by its opponent's special skill.

SHIELD ACTIONS:

1 - 3: Anub's Curse - As a punishment for disobedience, Anub Curses all enemies, and additionally, the Anubin Hunter.

4 - 6: Anub's Reward - In return for doing his bidding, Anub drains Health equally from all enemies such that every Hero is healed by 10 HP, in addition to removing all negative effects from the Anubin Hunter.

Eligibility for Anubin Hunter:

Great reputation with the Cult of Anub.

I changed #4. How does it sound? I hope that I didn't over-do the disadvantages.

Edited by LEGOman273

So this is a little something UsernameMDM and I have been toying around with for a month or two. The class is more of a supportive role and is currently not associated with any faction existing or planned.

7332835030_d7e4e92697.jpg

Artificer

Health Bonus: +3

Ether Bonus: +6 (+1 per level for classes without base ether)

Weapons: Hammers, maces, staves, crossbows, Artificers may use Scrolls

Job traits:

Arcane Manifold - Artificers are keenly aware of the power of artifacts and may craft a 1-battle-use-only duplicate of any artifact carried by the Party at the cost of 15 Ether.

Knowledgeable - Artificers can read and speak any (Humanoid) language and translate or decipher codes and symbols.

Weapon's Expert - Artificers utilize their arcane skills to keep their weapons sharp and their equipment in peak condition and are thus able to sell weapons and shields at 75% their original price as opposed to 50% at the Market.

Battle style: Empowering - Artifacers use their knowledge of arcane magic to infuse Party members weapons and armor with powerful abilities during a battle.

1. SHIELD: Arcane Enchantment: - The Artificer works a tremendous spell of empowering magic granting semi-sentience to the Party's weapons giving them the Lucky effect for the duration of the battle.

2. CRITICAL HIT/GREATER INFUSION: The Artificer attacks the target with strength equal to two times their weapon power added to their level. Alternatively the Artificer may spend 1 ether to imbue a Party member's weapon with an elemental attack, or make them invulnerable to an enemy type's attack, for 3 turns.

3. HIT/INFUSION: The Artificer attacks the target with strength equal to their weapon power added to their level. Alternatively the Artificer may spend 1 ether to imbue a Party member's weapon with an elemental attack, or make them invulnerable to an enemy type's attack, for 2 turns.

4. CRAFTSMANSHIP: The Artificer spends 3 ether to increase the WP or SP of the Party member by 1 for the remainder of the battle.

5. DAMAGE: The Artificer is struck by the opponent's attack.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Artificer is struck by the opponent’s special attack.

Note Artificers like Clerics may target themselves.

I like it. :sweet: My only real suggestion is to replace Craftsmanship with Enchantment, from Mystic Knight.

And maybe let them use wands too. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

I like it too, and I agree with both of CallMePie's points. There's just one thing: It would be very easy to manipulate Arcane Manifold, if it can be used outside of battle. I'm not saying it's overpowered, but a Grand Tonic (restores 15 ether) costs 30 gold. So for a relatively small price, an Artificer could create limitless artifact duplicates.

Not sure if I would nerf that, just pointing it out. If you were to nerf it, however, you could limit Arcan Manifold to allow only one artifact duplication at a time.

Not sure if I would nerf that, just pointing it out. If you were to nerf it, however, you could limit Arcan Manifold to allow only one artifact duplication at a time.

I don't think it's overpowered. You'd still have the 2 artifact limit, right?

I like it, but I'm not sure about the "Weapon's Expert - Artificers utilize their arcane skills to keep their weapons sharp and their equipment in peak condition and are thus able to sell weapons and shields at 75% their original price as opposed to 50% at the Market."

What's to stop people changing classes to Artificer every time they want to sell something?

I like it, but I'm not sure about the "Weapon's Expert - Artificers utilize their arcane skills to keep their weapons sharp and their equipment in peak condition and are thus able to sell weapons and shields at 75% their original price as opposed to 50% at the Market."

What's to stop people changing classes to Artificer every time they want to sell something?

I think that one can only choose one Expert Class.

I think that one can only choose one Expert Class.

You can switch anytime. The only thing you have to keep is your basic class.

4. ANUB'S PROTECTION: Anub surrounds the Anubin Hunter with a bubble of Dark energy that absorbs all attacks and effects for one round, but in doing so the Anubin Hunter is *Weakened* for one round.

I'm still not sure of this. :sceptic: Does anyone have any advice?

On another note: Artificer looks brilliant. :thumbup:

I'm not completely sure how the expert classes will work, but it is my impression that they will have to be offered to a character in a quest, thus you can't switch as redily between expert classes, in essence there will not be a Training Room topic. Also I think the same could be said of the Alchemist as to what would stop people from becoming one just so they could stock up on consumables?

As to the matter of Arcane Manifold, I've considered boosting the ether cost to 20, but that would mean an Artificer would probably only get to use the ability once before having to replenish on tonics. A Lucky die (one of the most powerful artifacts in the game) which is basically a permenant Nostrum (35 Gold) can be replicated for currently at the cost of a grand tonic (30 Gold), which isn't that bad. I'll consider nerfing it maybe, but I don't want to take away from some of the appeal of the class.

You'd have to be eligible for the class itself (the 2 quests requirement), and in any case, I doubt Sandy would let people take advantage of classes like that.

I think it's not overpowered. If it's a one-battle-use-only, you're only saving 5 gold, and that's if you're even on a quest with Nur or Rone.

Another one just for fun.

Gambler

Additional Health: +8

These slick thieves win their battles through strategy and cunning.

Weapons: Gamblers use smaller blade and blunt weapons, like daggers, throwing weapons, whips, clubs, and maces.

Job Traits: Greed - Gamblers' charm and slick words grants them a 30% (rounded down) discount to any item/service in any shop/merchant they come across, Flee (Rogue), Diplomacy (Knight)

Battle Style: Greedy - Gamblers squeeze every last coin out of their opponents at all costs.

1. SHIELD: Bribery - The Gambler pays off his target with gold equal to twice the target's level. The target is put under the control of the Gambler, and fights with the heroes for the remainder of the quest or until killed. (For the target, 1. Shield - Special Skill, 2. Critical Hit - Deals damage equal to twice its level, 3. Hit - Deals damage equal to its level, 4. Miss, 5. Damage, 6. Special Damage.)

2. CRITICAL LARCENOUS HIT: The Gambler attacks the opponent with power equal to two times their weapon power added to their level. The Gambler also has a 1/6 chance to steal gold equal to the amount of damage dealt. ((WP: 15 x 2) + 30 = 60 damage, 1/6 chance to steal 60 gold)

3. LARCENOUS HIT: The Gambler attacks the opponent with power equal to their weapon power added to their level. The Gambler also has a 1/6 chance to steal gold equal to the amount of damage dealt. (WP: 15 + 30 = 45 damage, 1/6 chance to steal 45 gold)

4: RISKY GAMBLE: The Gambler takes a risk, having a 50% chance to acquire either the Lucky effect for the remainder of the battle, or the Fragile effect for the next 3 rounds or until remedied.

5. DAMAGE: The Gambler takes damage equal to the enemy's level. (Level 20 enemy = 20 damage taken).

6. RETALIATION: The Gambler is hit with the enemy's special skill, but in return, the Gambler deals a strike that Stuns the opponent for the next round.

...Though I fear that the shield might be too similar to Necromancer, or perhaps too complicated.

Edited by CallMePie

I'll throw this one out here.

Imposer

These immoral ether users seek to manipulate and enthrall all around them.

Additonal Health + 9

Job traits: Mind Control - Imposers have no need to use diplomacy, able to enthrall and control people with their powers. Mind Read - imposers can read the mind of an enemy before they engage in battle, allowing them to see to the possible future enemy's stats. Spellcasting: See Mage.

Battle Style: Manipulative: Imposers strive to make those who oppose them bow at their feet.

Weapons: An Imposer can use scrolls, gems, wands, staves, and blunt weapons.

Shield: Enthrall: The imposer lets loose an enthralling beam of light. The target takes damage equal to Level + WPx3 (level 30 + WP 15x3 = 75 damage) the beam of light Hexes the enemy for five rounds. This attack does not require ether.

Critical Hit: Mind Warp: the Imposer deals a blow that jumbles the emotions of the opponent. The attack does Level + WPx2 damage, and Confuses the target for the next three rounds. This attack depletes 1 ether.

Hit: The Imposer strikes the opponent for damage equal to Level + WP. The blow has a 50/50 chance of lowering the morale of the target, causing their level to drop by 1. if a morale drop does occur, it costs 1 ether.

Lesser hex: The Imposer misses in their assault, but takes the oppurtunity to transfer a Lesser hex to their target, hexing them for one round. One ether is used.

Aggravated Damage: The target takes damage from their opponent. However, the target's disobediance displeases the imposer, causing them to regain ether equal to their Level/10 in their sour mood.

Special Damage: the Imposer is struck by the opponenet's special skills.

Thoughts? :sweet:

Been working on this for the past couple of weeks. Most of the bugs should have been worked out.

Monster Tamers use their knowledge of animals and gems to fight their battles.

Additional Health: +4

Additional Ether: +4 (+1 per level for classes without base ether)

Weapons: Wands, Whips, and Bows

Job trait: Animal Talk (See Ranger), Spell Casting (See Mage), Helpful Friend - The Monster Tamer may summon their creature to help them in everyday tasks.

Battle style: Monster Power - Monster Tamers use their chosen gem to summon and have the creature fight for them.

1. Shied/Past Summon: Monster Tamers summon the last Beast type enemy the Monster Tamer fought against, where its power is equal to its level and special becomes its shield roll. Additionally any additional types do not carry over and a roll of critical hit results in a strike of power times two.

2. Critical Hit/Greater Bolster: The Monster Tamer hits the enemy for damage equal to twice their WP added to their level. Optionally, the hero may choose to grant the Lucky effect, at the cost of ether every other round, to their companion, if it has been summoned.

3. Hit/Bolster: The Tamer hits the enemy for damage equal to their their WP added to their level. Optionally, if the creature has been summoned, the hero may choose to grant the Hastened effect, at the cost of one ether every other round, to their companion.

4. Pilfer/Lesser Bolster: The Monster Tamer steals an unlisted item from the target selected by a random roll: 1-3: Potion/Tonic, 4-5: Grand Potion/Grand Tonic, 6: Phoenix Essence. The hero may choose to grant the Encouraged effect, taking one ether every other round that the effect is in effect, to their companion, if summoned, instead.

5. Damage: The Monster Tamer is struck by the opponent's attack.

6. Special Damage: The Monster Tamer is struck by the opponent’s special attack.

Important: (A max of two summons may fight per battle.)