7208845130_88103be138.jpg

Reacher Gilt by L-space, on Flickr

Antagonist of Moist von Lipwig in Going Postal, and Chairman of the Grand Trunk Semaphore Company wich he conned out of the Dearheart family. He dressed in the manner of a retired pirate, and lived as such, with a cockatoo named Alphonse which had been taught to say the phrase "12 and a half percent" (that is, a single piece of eight). Nobody knew much about him, though two things were certain: he threw the most incredible and extravagant parties, and he was rich enough to purchase his own ancestors as well as the services of an Igor.

Gilt was actually a con artist of legendary skill; Moist instantly recognized Gilt's inner nature and he would have begged Gilt to teach him the trade had he not been Gilt's primary enemy at the time. He told people he was going to fleece them and they loved it.

Made with the help of the V&A Steamworks Stovepipe Tophat.

All my (soon to be) Discworld Minifigs are now described in a pdf file: Discworld Minifigs v1.1

Reacher Gilt was the inspiration for my current sigfig Rasputin Jones, although Rasputin has not actually done anything wicked or dishonest. Nice rendition, and interesting...why is he a dwarf?. I always envision him as a Tony Blair or Richard Branson type, with flowing locks and a big "I'm ripping you off" grin.

:classic:

Reacher Gilt was the inspiration for my current sigfig Rasputin Jones, although Rasputin has not actually done anything wicked or dishonest. Nice rendition, and interesting...why is he a dwarf?. I always envision him as a Tony Blair or Richard Branson type, with flowing locks and a big "I'm ripping you off" grin.

:classic:

I was wondering the same thing. I always imagined him as looking somewhere between Branson and Dustin Hoffman's Captain Hook. Tall and big hair. But it's a character from a book, so you build him as your mind sees him. It's fascinating to see how others picture him.