Sign in to follow this  
LegoBobby

Lego Police Public Order Van

Hey guys,

My first attempt at using Lego Draw. I have seen many kits but not ever seen a Public Order van, perhaps someone knows if there is a similar kit that i've overlooked as i've missed a few years. This is built around the basic Ambulance 4431 but i've modified it a bit.

3826321804_7b774b8236_z.jpg

This is a van similar to the one I got my inspiration from

PSUcarrier1.png

Here it is, my example almost complete. (I haven't figured out how to angle the windscreen guard using draw

PSUcarrier2.png

Here it is from above with, extractor fan and air vent for both prisoner cell and officer compartment. It also has call sign number 7 so air support can identify from helicopter.

PSUcarrier3.png

Here you can see there is a space for the driver in the front and a small bulkhead, the bulkhead has a megaphone and a 2 way radio. There are 2 seats in the back so the van compromises 3 officers in total.

PSUcarrier4.png

Here is the back door to the cell that is completely seperate apart from an observation window.

PSUcarrier5.png

On each side there are spotlights for looking down alleyways for any trouble.

Let me know what you all think, comments welcome.

Nice model :thumbup: The stripe on the sides adds a lot, and the roof opening up is a cool feature.

Good work!

Not bad digital creation, but shouldn't that black grille/screen on the front top section of cab being more leaning backward ? :wink:

Going to brick build one ?

Good work anyway 'LegoBobby' ! :classic:

Good job! :thumbup:

This set is my favorite of 2012. It allows to create lot of mods.

4431 mods

Here is my version of this police truck.

4431_mod_-_english_police.png

This grid is not evident to manage in a Lego model

Vean

Cheers for the feedback guys,

Not bad digital creation, but shouldn't that black grille/screen on the front top section of cab being more leaning backward ?

I'm using Ldraw to design the sets but I can't seem to figure out how to change the angle of the grating? Does anyone use this system and know?

Vean. I really like what you've done with your design, what platform did you use to come up with it?

What's the best way to go about brick building one? Order all the pieces from Lego? What do people do?

Regards

Hi LegoBobby,

I'm using Lego Digital Designer for this. LDD link

"What's the best way to go about brick building one?" Lego "pick a brick" site is limited. For example, you will only find red doors for car on this site....

Not official parts salers exist, but I do'nt know how serious it is? Spare parts

Regards

I've added a bad guy inside! :laugh:

police.png

LXF File

Edited by vean

Good idea - using the ambulance to create a police van! I like the yellow and blue brick work on the base of the van.

Very good public order van with great attention to detail, LegoBobby! One thing I would suggest for the checker pattern is to swap your combination of a 1x2 plate and a brick for a stack of four 1x2 plates, with the two at the top in one colour and the two below in another colour. That way, the blue and yellow rectangles will be and equal size. :wink: