wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Does Elrond only come with the PS3 version of the game? Amazon.de offers the minifig only with the playstation game. That would be disappointing.

where is the problem with PS3 ? everyone has one. its the cheapest blue ray player :sweet:

Edited by Hepitos

I don't think it has been mentioned yet. The second movie will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Here is a link to the article: My link

I'm still wondering if we won't get an alternate "non-battle" Elrond in one of the Hobbit waves...

I think I'm happily content passing on this one for now. Besides, I just sprung for the Haunted House, and perhaps more importantly, I don't have a game system. :grin:

The game itself looks pretty awesome, though. More power to those that can play it!

Seriously guys whats the big deal with Elrond??Ok we are gonna get him in his battle armor version by pre-ordering the game not from a set,the trilogy has alot of memorable scenes but lego cant make them all sets,I bet we'll get him in his rivendel uniform someday,dont forget that untill 2014 will have lotr and hobbits sets all the way.

and perhaps more importantly, I don't have a game system. :grin:

The game itself looks pretty awesome, though. More power to those that can play it!

If you have a decent computer I am sure you can play it, plus the PC version is only 30 bucks vs $50 for the PS3/Xbox versions.

Seriously guys whats the big deal with Elrond??Ok we are gonna get him in his battle armor version by pre-ordering the game not from a set,the trilogy has alot of memorable scenes but lego cant make them all sets,I bet we'll get him in his rivendel uniform someday,dont forget that untill 2014 will have lotr and hobbits sets all the way.

I dunno about others, but I am a completionist. I am sure they will make another Elrond sooner or later, but they might not offer this version ever again.

It's a bigger deal than you think. A lot of people have been acting like the LOTR line is as infinite as Lego Star Wars. This is simply not the case - let me break it down thoroughly.

First, the lord of the Last Homely House. Elrond has three major outfit archetypes in the original trilogy:

Last Alliance - This armored version is definitely the coolest, from the awesome prologue to Fellowship of the Ring. Currently only an exclusive available in the Gamestop preorder.

Rivendell Casual - Various nondescript Elven robes Elrond wears around Rivendell. We stand a large chance of getting one along these lines should they make a Hobbit Rivendell set. However, it's not as exciting as the armored battle version, and likely won't have the angry/shouting Elrond face.

Anduril Wanderer - Inky black heavy robes worn to deliver Anduril to Aragorn at the Paths of the Dead. Very unlikely we'll get this version.

There and Back Again could elicit a set including Elrond in a different set of Hobbit battle armor, but this would likely not be the same as the Last Alliance armor - a variation perhaps.

The waves likely will follow the following projection:

Summer 2012 - Wave 1: Lord of the Rings (LOTR) - essentially only FOTR and TTT sets.

Gandalf's Cart - FOTR

Shelob's Lair - ROTK (barely, given the isolated storyline of Sam and Frodo)

Helm's Wall - TTT

Orc Forge - FOTR/TTT

Weathertop - FOTR

Mines of Moria - FOTR

Helm's Deep - TTT

Winter 2012 - Wave 2: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (AUJ)

Bag End - AUJ

??? x6

Summer 2013 - Wave 3: Likely LOTR only, given the amount of ground not covered by Wave 1. THAUJ gets an entire wave devoted to it in all likelihood in Wave 2, which is a solid treatment. I predict a heavier focus on the huge deficit of ROTK sets. Possibles - based on most popular scenes from LOTR, here are guesses:

-Battle Pack style set of some kind - Gondorians, Mordor Orcs, who knows. ???

-Eowyn vs. The Witch-King - I would HEAVILY bet this will appear, especially given Lego's implied focus on its iconic importance from the video game cover. ROTK

-Mordor: could be Cirith Ungol, Black Gate, Gorgoroth, Sammath Naur, some rocks, the Crack of Doom - Frodo and Sam are popular and recognizable, and Lego will never get a chance after the LOTR line to reuse the Gollum mold, so I expect them to milk it. ROTK

-Gondor: Osgiliath rubble, Minas Tirith section, can't be sure. We have to get Lego Gondorians at some point, they're just as important as Rohan, if not more so. ROTK

-ISENGARD: Given the Lego designer picture, Isengard's appearance seems almost guaranteed. Saruman is the secondary villain of the trilogy and I cannot see him being passed over. Could be specific to any of the films, but I'd put my money on FOTR, with Gandalf and an Eagle.

-Balrog: arguably one of the most iconic scenes of the series, I see no way Lego will pass this scene up. FOTR

-?? Army of the Dead - one of the most impressive visuals in the series, a Paths of the Dead set would be simple enough to put out, with classic Lego archways and BURPS. The attraction of the Oathbreaker minifigures would be big. This is probably the biggest one that could get passed over, however. I could just as easily see an Amon Hen set being made - a chance to reuse Uruk hai tooling and put out Boromir again.

**Note that the prologue sequence of the Last Alliance is primarily based around Sauron, a difficult being to create in Lego. Thus, I can see the Prologue of FOTR being passed over in favor of more iconic sets like the above projections.

Winter 2013 - Wave 4: The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (release date Dec 13th, 2013) (TDOS)

Summer 2014 - Wave 5: The Hobbit: There And Back Again (release date July 18th, 2014) (TABA)

Winter 2014 - Wave 6: Unknowable. Could be a mix of everything - Hobbit trilogy and LOTR. Give the three waves already dedicated to the Hobbit films, I'm guessing a heavier focus on the holes in the LOTR line.

Any full waves after that are unpredictable - continuing the line over 6 months after the final movie is released is possible but not guaranteed. The best case scenario is the line goes strong for all of 2015 and we cover all the bases, getting battle packs aplenty and many of the awesome castles and heroes from the saga. However, it could also peter out before that in the style of POTC or IJ.

Thus, I see the only chance for a Last Alliance set in Winter 2014, *if* we get a wave then (or in the year beyond). Therefore, I think it's wise to pull the trigger on the Gamestop preorder if you want Elrond in his Last Alliance gear. With this license we're guaranteed solid representation of the "Prequel Trilogy," but the classic Lord of the Rings films have a stronger chance of underrepresentation - unless we get full waves of them in Summer 2013 and Winter 2014.

Edited by Darth Caedus

It's a bigger deal than you think. A lot of people have been acting like the LOTR line is as infinite as Lego Star Wars. This is simply not the case - let me break it down thoroughly.

First, the lord of the Last Homely House. Elrond has three major outfit archetypes in the original trilogy:

Last Alliance - This armored version is definitely the coolest, from the awesome prologue to Fellowship of the Ring. Currently only an exclusive available in the Gamestop preorder.

Rivendell Casual - Various nondescript Elven robes Elrond wears around Rivendell. We stand a large chance of getting one along these lines should they make a Hobbit Rivendell set. However, it's not as exciting as the armored battle version, and likely won't have the angry/shouting Elrond face.

Anduril Wanderer - Inky black heavy robes worn to deliver Anduril to Aragorn at the Paths of the Dead. Very unlikely we'll get this version.

There and Back Again could elicit a set including Elrond in a different set of Hobbit battle armor, but this would likely not be the same as the Last Alliance armor - a variation perhaps.

The waves likely will follow the following projection:

Summer 2012 - Wave 1: Lord of the Rings (LOTR) - essentially only FOTR and TTT sets.

Gandalf's Cart - FOTR

Shelob's Lair - ROTK (barely, given the isolated storyline of Sam and Frodo)

Helm's Wall - TTT

Orc Forge - FOTR/TTT

Weathertop - FOTR

Mines of Moria - FOTR

Helm's Deep - TTT

Winter 2012 - Wave 2: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (AUJ)

Bag End - AUJ

??? x6

Summer 2013 - Wave 3: Likely LOTR only, given the amount of ground not covered by Wave 1. THAUJ gets an entire wave devoted to it in all likelihood in Wave 2, which is a solid treatment. I predict a heavier focus on the huge deficit of ROTK sets. Possibles - based on most popular scenes from LOTR, here are guesses:

-Battle Pack style set of some kind - Gondorians, Mordor Orcs, who knows. ???

-Eowyn vs. The Witch-King - I would HEAVILY bet this will appear, especially given Lego's implied focus on its iconic importance from the video game cover. ROTK

-Mordor: could be Cirith Ungol, Black Gate, Gorgoroth, Sammath Naur, some rocks, the Crack of Doom - Frodo and Sam are popular and recognizable, and Lego will never get a chance after the LOTR line to reuse the Gollum mold, so I expect them to milk it. ROTK

-Gondor: Osgiliath rubble, Minas Tirith section, can't be sure. We have to get Lego Gondorians at some point, they're just as important as Rohan, if not more so. ROTK

-ISENGARD: Given the Lego designer picture, Isengard's appearance seems almost guaranteed. Saruman is the secondary villain of the trilogy and I cannot see him being passed over. Could be specific to any of the films, but I'd put my money on FOTR, with Gandalf and an Eagle.

-Balrog: arguably one of the most iconic scenes of the series, I see no way Lego will pass this scene up. FOTR

-?? Army of the Dead - one of the most impressive visuals in the series, a Paths of the Dead set would be simple enough to put out, with classic Lego archways and BURPS. The attraction of the Oathbreaker minifigures would be big. This is probably the biggest one that could get passed over, however. I could just as easily see an Amon Hen set being made - a chance to reuse Uruk hai tooling and put out Boromir again.

**Note that the prologue sequence of the Last Alliance is primarily based around Sauron, a difficult being to create in Lego. Thus, I can see the Prologue of FOTR being passed over in favor of more iconic sets like the above projections.

Winter 2013 - Wave 4: The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (release date Dec 13th, 2013) (TDOS)

Summer 2014 - Wave 5: The Hobbit: There And Back Again (release date July 18th, 2014) (TABA)

Winter 2014 - Wave 6: Unknowable. Could be a mix of everything - Hobbit trilogy and LOTR. Give the three waves already dedicated to the Hobbit films, I'm guessing a heavier focus on the holes in the LOTR line.

Any full waves after that are unpredictable - continuing the line over 6 months after the final movie is released is possible but not guaranteed. The best case scenario is the line goes strong for all of 2015 and we cover all the bases, getting battle packs aplenty and many of the awesome castles and heroes from the saga. However, it could also peter out before that in the style of POTC or IJ.

Thus, I see the only chance for a Last Alliance set in Winter 2014, *if* we get a wave then (or in the year beyond). Therefore, I think it's wise to pull the trigger on the Gamestop preorder if you want Elrond in his Last Alliance gear. With this license we're guaranteed solid representation of the "Prequel Trilogy," but the classic Lord of the Rings films have a stronger chance of underrepresentation - unless we get full waves of them in Summer 2013 and Winter 2014.

Well thats quite of list you did there,good job well for my opinion we might get a set based on the last alliance at the 2014winter wave(thats my prediction)based on expanded universe like star wars because we get to see the whole scene at the proluge of the movie and especialy on the deleted scene so I bet it might be based on the expanded universe subtheme i dunno,but I hope we get more sets from the rilogy even I like even more the Hobbit the first wave wasnt just engouh to cover my needs for my collection,like the Balrog scene or battle pack and other memorable scenes like witch king vs eowyn e.t.c(.....and yea sorry for my bad typo)

Edited by LOTR343

Well thats quite of list you did there,good job well for my opinion we might get a set based on the last alliance at the 2014winter wave(thats my prediction)based on expanded universe like star wars because we get to see the whole scene at the proluge of the movie and especialy on the deleted scene so I bet it might be based on the expanded universe subtheme i dunno,but I hope we get more sets from the rilogy even I like even more the Hobbit the first wave wasnt just engouh to cover my needs for my collection,like the Balrog scene or battle pack and other memorable scenes like witch king vs eowyn e.t.c(.....and yea sorry for my bad typo)

I have high hopes of Summer 2013 and Winter 2014 as well. Ideally before the line is all done, we've gotten -

Battle packs - whether that's a 12.99 4figure deal or a 29.99 wall chunk with 6+ minifigures - for LOTR: Gondorians, Mordor Orcs, Lothlorien Elves (Galadhrim or Forest equipment), Last Allaince (Elves and Numenoreans), Eaterlings/Haradrim, and Oathbreakers; for The Hobbit: Iron Hills Dwarves, Mirkwood Elves, Men of Dale, Goblins and whatever lurks within Dol Guldur.

Major Heroes and Villains -

LOTR

Gondorian Pippin (Guard of the Citadel)

Rohirrim Merry (Pelennor Fields)

Gondorian Aragorn (Battle of the Black Gate)

Gandalf the White

Ranger Faramir

Armored Eowyn

Galadriel (it would be sweet to get the Dark version too)

FOTR Arwen (Frodo's Savior)

Saruman the White

Grima Wormtongue

Armored Witchking

Gothmog

The Mouth of Sauron

While it's hard not to agree with that logically and because it's hard to predict, Caedus, I still hope and think that this theme will go beyond 2014.

Also, as for the orcs... it has been mentioned that the current Mordor orcs are simply workers, who can confirm that this has been said somewhere?

I can believe that, though - they'll probably have more variations of Mordor orcs and have them be "Morannon orcs" since those were present at Minas Tirith.

I dunno if the differences are large enough for the two types to be separated into different armies, especially for me since I have loads of custom orcs,

but that's a way it would work for sets, although perhaps a bit confusing for those who don't have much LOTR knowledge since Morannon orcs are basically stronger and larger versions of Mordor orcs

and come from Mordor as well (size doesn't matter for LEGO figures, unless they're small or just very big, though).

I'm trying to think of how they would handle Gothmog.

Can't let him go around bald as in, with a stud on his head, so do any of you think a new headpiece, bald with ears, might work?

Edited by General Magma

Also, as for the orcs... it has been mentioned that the current Mordor orcs are simply workers, who can confirm that this has been said somewhere?

I'm trying to think of how they would handle Gothmog.

Can't let him go around bald as in, with a stud on his head, so do any of you think a new headpiece, bald with ears, might work?

The minifig designer video on lego.com talks abotu the worker orcs.

I think gothmog could work as a normal bald minifig head.

Edited by deskp

I think this exact minifig is only coming with the pre-order of the game, otherwise why would the announce specifficaly says "exclusive". Besides I don't think we are ever getting a set based on the last Alliance :sceptic:

I have high hopes of Summer 2013 and Winter 2014 as well. Ideally before the line is all done, we've gotten -

Battle packs - whether that's a 12.99 4figure deal or a 29.99 wall chunk with 6+ minifigures - for LOTR: Gondorians, Mordor Orcs, Lothlorien Elves (Galadhrim or Forest equipment), Last Allaince (Elves and Numenoreans), Eaterlings/Haradrim, and Oathbreakers; for The Hobbit: Iron Hills Dwarves, Mirkwood Elves, Men of Dale, Goblins and whatever lurks within Dol Guldur.

LOTR

Gandalf the White

Ranger Faramir

Armored Eowyn

Saruman the White

Grima Wormtongue

Armored Witchking

Gothmog

The Mouth of Sauron

I hope we get all this characters if not at least few of them and especialy I would love a new version of aragorn,the current one is so purely detailer and I'm even more angry because his one of my fav characters and LEGO did a very poor work desigh him.

The minifig designer video on lego.com talks abotu the worker orcs.

I think gothmog could work as a normal bald minifig head.

Ah, okay.

As for Gothmog... well, okay, but that would make the figure a bit meh for me (and many others too I'd imagine).

I would prefer a new headpiece for him so he can still have his ears - it would also make it a figure of a much higher quality for me.

They did a similar thing with the Even Piell figure from SW, I can see them doing that here again. They didn't leave Bombur with a stud on his head either,

that space was filled up because of the hairpiece - one of the Mordor orcs was an exception but people didn't quite like how they withdrew the chance of another hairpiece. Although it's not about his baldness here but the ears... without something like that he would be hard to recognize.

I think this exact minifig is only coming with the pre-order of the game, otherwise why would the announce specifficaly says "exclusive". Besides I don't think we are ever getting a set based on the last Alliance :sceptic:

Yep. Honestly, I don't think we're getting any set based on The Last Alliance since the announcement of that Elrond fig anymore, either.

One chance of having a Sauron or maybe an Isildur figure would be a Visional Dictionary, but one of them would still be missing,

along with generic soldiers... but who knows?

Edited by General Magma

LOTR

Gandalf the White

Ranger Faramir

Armored Eowyn

Saruman the White

Grima Wormtongue

Armored Witchking

Gothmog

The Mouth of Sauron

Well while I do agree that this are some very important figures, I have a dissapointment. I´ve seen the gamescom trailer and there appears the battle at the black gate, where we can see some Rohan warriors, Gandalf the white but we can see a Aragorn using the same robes as in the lego sets(just using a cape), in this scene he should apper wearing the gondorian armor. What are your thoughts?

Here is the link to the trailer:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2012/video.html?sid=6391523&category=highlights

Well while I do agree that this are some very important figures, I have a dissapointment. I´ve seen the gamescom trailer and there appears the battle at the black gate, where we can see some Rohan warriors, Gandalf the white but we can see a Aragorn using the same robes as in the lego sets(just using a cape), in this scene he should apper wearing the gondorian armor. What are your thoughts?

That trailer is from early in development footage, soemthing like 60% of that scene will change ;)

This kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to share this... Link

After thinking over this for way too long, I finally figured out how Gandalf's staff in the poster is connected.

Unfortunately, this piece doesn't come in anything but white, and the telescope piece is the wrong colour too.

It's possible, at least, that we'll get that version of the staff. It does mean making two pieces in two new colours, but it's possible...

The staff certainly looks more detailed, but now it looks just a bit too tall for Gandalf...

After thinking over this for way too long, I finally figured out how Gandalf's staff in the poster is connected.

Unfortunately, this piece doesn't come in anything but white, and the telescope piece is the wrong colour too.

It's possible, at least, that we'll get that version of the staff. It does mean making two pieces in two new colours, but it's possible...

I really prefer this version of the staff LINK

The other one just looks too elaborate and put together. the version i liked can also hold a crystal fine.

well the crystal would fit in the telescope piece, so the studs aren't actually needed

At this point everything is pure speculation. We don't know if they are going to mix LotR and Hobbit waves, if they are going to pull material from the extended editions of the films, how long the line will last... heck we don't even know what the next wave will contain besides the Bag End. The other leaked sets still aren't confirmed and the source isn't terribly reputable. The best we can do is make educated guesses but even those could be totally off.

Edited by Deathleech

At this point everything is pure speculation. We don't know if they are going to mix LotR and Hobbit waves, if they are going to pull material from the extended editions of the films, how long the line will last... heck we don't even know what the next wave will contain besides the Bag End. The other leaked sets still aren't confirmed and the source isn't terribly reputable. The best we can do is make educated guesses but even those could be totally off.

The same sets that were on the german website has showed up on french amazon still not confirmed from lego but it's something.

I really prefer this version of the staff LINK

The other one just looks too elaborate and put together. the version i liked can also hold a crystal fine.

I prefer this one. The first thing I did after assembling Gandalf Arrives was to give him one of these.

I prefer this one. The first thing I did after assembling Gandalf Arrives was to give him one of these.

Personaly I think its overdesigned and chunky.

well the crystal would fit in the telescope piece, so the studs aren't actually needed

Yep, but the version of the staff in the poster has two studs on top of the telescope. Removing one or both of the studs might fix the height problem.