wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

It does seem a bit inconsistent with the other moulds :cry_sad:

The printed map though :thumbup:

The mold isn't the problem, it would work jsut as well without the printed braids, also the fur part would come out better.

Heres the update:

2wg6l9w_th.png

Its not my photo (captain BeerBeards)but has this been posted yet?

{pics}

Cool! Can I have a link to the photostream? :sweet:

Heres the update:

{pic}

I love these updates. :wub:

Thanks 'deskp'.

Edited by just2good

Cool! Can I have a link to the photostream? :sweet:

Fist search result when you google the username ;)

The mold isn't the problem, it would work jsut as well without the printed braids, also the fur part would come out better.

Heres the update:

2wg6l9w_th.png

My concern is more that the fig will look a little underwhelming compared to the other companions thus far.

They have fantastic hair/hat pieces and I am worried that Thorin and Kili will look rather plain in comparison (and similar to each other!)

My concern is more that the fig will look a little underwhelming compared to the other companions thus far.

They have fantastic hair/hat pieces and I am worried that Thorin and Kili will look rather plain in comparison (and similar to each other!)

My guess is that Kili will use the Dastan hairpiece in dark brown. And their torsos and printed beards will be nothing like eachother.

Fili might use thorins hair in blonde tho.

My guess is that Kili will use the Dastan hairpiece in dark brown. And their torsos and printed beards will be nothing like eachother.

Fili might use thorins hair in blonde tho.

I know the printing won't be the same, but they will have similar faces. If the hair is different colours that will help. But in comparison to the other figs with molds for mainly beards but faces too, they may look too similar. I just don't want the leader of the company looking too plain in comparison to the other figures

Lego will not be releasing the set pictures for at least a month they said the sets were coming soon.

Do you have info to back this up or are you just making your own conclusions?

Do you have info to back this up or are you just making your own conclusions?

He seem to just say random stuff. It seems hes contradicting himself.

Lego did however facebook message saying we'll see hobbit stuff "soon" I recoment you seek that out and make up ur own mind, instead of listning to him.

Its not my photo (captain BeerBeards)but has this been posted yet?

Thanks for the pics! Thorin looks perfectly in-tune with his movie counterpart. :wub: And that map is definitely must-have!

I would have prefered if they didn't print on Thorins braids..

Agree, though maybe it just looks especially off because his head is kinda of turned and his hair is at an angle? Either way I would of preferred they didn't print the braids on the torso, it doesn't really add anything to the figure and in fact just takes away...

Althrough I do agree with you about the braids, you could see them as decoration on another figure instead of hair as they are over part of thorins fur; or atleast thats my plan.

Edited by Ganner

Nice to finally see how the Thorin minifig would look like. I actually don't find any problem with the printed braid. If you compare the other dwarves' more prominent beard pieces, Thorin's braids are significantly "thinner", to the point that it's actually not too noticeable (just look at deskp's comparison pics), so I'd say it doesn't warrant to be part of the hair mold IMO and printed braids are just fine. :thumbup:

Thanks for the link. I placed an order for six LOTR sets with the coupon code "DEALS10" from http://www.retailmenot.com/showcoupon/3236062 and it went through. Looks like the shipping is a flat rate of $20.

Merchandise Subtotal: $332.70

Shipping: $20.00

Tax: $0.00

$10 off $50 coupon ($10.00)

Total: $342.70

Since it is under $500 NZD it should be tax free. If my calculations are correct it will be about 40% cheaper than buying here. If only they had the orc forge.

The day after I place a big order they have a sale because it is Frodo's and Bilbo's birthday. I could have got 10% off if I had delayed. Why did did I have to go back and check, that is something I would rather not know about?

Edited by WallyTheCat

Thanks for the photo. Disappointed that we won't get Orcrist, after all, and just the generic sword instead. Nori looks much better than I would have imagined after the first blurry image surfaced! Happy to see Thror's key included! I'd prefer Thorin with a blue cloak and minus the printed braids.

Thanks for the photo. Disappointed that we won't get Orcrist, after all, and just the generic sword instead. Nori looks much better than I would have imagined after the first blurry image surfaced! Happy to see Thror's key included! I'd prefer Thorin with a blue cloak and minus the printed braids.

This picture with Thorin shows the scene in Bag End before the events at the Trollshaw. Therefore, Thorin would not have found Orcrist yet, so we can still have hope for an Orcrist mould. Also, if you want him to have a blue cloak, I know that the CW Barriss Offee fig has a short dark blue cape, which would match Throin's colours.

Disappointed that we won't get Orcrist, after all, and just the generic sword instead.

I don't think we can rule out Orcrist yet, as it looks like this scene is set in Bag End, before Thorin gets Orcrist. That said, I'd still be surprised if we see a new mold for it.

This picture with Thorin shows the scene in Bag End before the events at the Trollshaw. Therefore, Thorin would not have found Orcrist yet, so we can still have hope for an Orcrist mould. Also, if you want him to have a blue cloak, I know that the CW Barriss Offee fig has a short dark blue cape, which would match Throin's colours.

Thanks for the Barriss Offee tip. I'll look into it. Regarding Orcrist, Thror's Key shouldn't be open in Bag End (Gandalf only mentioned it to Thorin after the Trollshaws, if I remember correctly), nor should Sting be included in the set "An unexpected Gathering", so I don't think Orcrist would be held back if it existed in LEGO form. I hope to be wrong, though.

The day after I place a big order they have a sale because it is Frodo's and Bilbo's birthday. I could have got 10% off if I had delayed. Why did did I have to go back and check, that is something I would rather not know about?

Thanks for the heads up. 5 x helms deep on its way :-)

I haven't read The Hobbit so I don't have any experience with the characters or what I would imagine them to be like. It looks like I have PJ to thank for that...

But with that said, I think TLG is hitting these figures spot on. I like the new beards/hair pieces. I'm excited for the new figures to add to my collection and of course will have to watch the movie and read the book thanks to TLG.

But it is nice seeing the line-up!

Thanks for the updates.