wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Well, complaining about the hair length is like complaining about how the mugs are too big or how the elves have disproportionally large ears. I think it's fine. :laugh:

My problem with too long beard where the characthers doesent call for it, is that they cover up torso/back printing.

On gimly you cant really see any printing, Would be nice if atleast his belt was visible.

If we get a Beorn figure. Do you think he'll be like toy story's woody or more like Harry potters Hagrid?

I hope hell be like Woody, because Hagrid seems like a remnant from the old technic figures or soemthing.

That Elrond figure looks amazing. :wub: His sword-staff is pretty neat, and the printing is excellent. Though I agree with what some others said, I'm not too fond of the color scheme. I think it would have looked better (and more accurate) if the torso was olive instead of gold. I hope the BL prices aren't too out there when this is released.

I am also pleased to see an official Hugo Weaving minifigure. :wub::grin:

Omg people! an Aragorn with correctly colored torso! I hope this becomes the standard. I also hope they changes his pants from beige to black.

sfcyld.png

Some would argue the coat should be dark green, but i find it might look better dark brown seeing as legos dark green isnt dark enough for how it comes off on screen.

for comparison:

"normal" lego aragorn LINK

Movie aragorn LINK

Edited by deskp

Omg people! an Aragorn with correctly colored torso! I hope this becomes the standard. I also hope they changes his pants from beige to black.

>pic<

Some would argue the coat should be dark green, but i find it might look better dark brown seeing as legos dark green isnt dark enough for how it comes off on screen.

for comparison:

Movie aragorn LINK

Where is that from?

Where is that from?

lego lord of the rings figurines 05

I think its from some random lego store or toy store.

Somebody pointed out that misprint earlier in the thread. But I think it might've been just that, a misprint. Quite an odd one, though.

Somebody pointed out that misprint earlier in the thread. But I think it might've been just that, a misprint. Quite an odd one, though.

Very odd, I dont think Ive seen 2 colors change place by accident before.

It wouldnt be the first time LEGO stealth update their figures.

sfcyld.png

for comparison:

Movie aragorn LINK

I have to say that that looks 20x better than the current Aragorn. :wub: Here's hoping it's not just another misprint... Although that's more likely. :sceptic:

for comparison:

Movie aragorn LINK

In the picture the legs seems to still be the misprinted ones :sceptic:

Yeah, in June Delta 38 reported a similarly colour-inverted torso in quality control topic (picture in Flickr). The pants have the usual colours, so I doubt the inverted colours are anything but a strange misprint. Could become valuable... :tongue:

If we get a Beorn figure. Do you think he'll be like toy story's woody or more like Harry potters Hagrid?

Hard to say before we have at least seen what Beorn will look like in the movie. At this point I'd bet on Hagrid-style, though hopefully a bit better realised (those hands were ugly). Woody-style would make him appear quite lanky.

Edited by Haltiamieli

In the picture the legs seems to still be the misprinted ones :sceptic:

The legs are the "normal" wrong color lego aragorn.

____

It think it's abit too strange to be a misprint. It obviously should not be included with those legs though.

Woody-style would make him appear quite lanky.

With a normal minifig head and a beard/hair piece he wouldnt look that lanky.

Edited by deskp

I think you've missed the Hobbit trailers - if there's a Rivendell set, Galadriel will appear in it.

I think it's extremely unlikely that TLG will make a Rivendell set. But I've been wrong before.

I'm hoping Beorn will be a standard-sized human in the movie and a normal minifig with a bear. The book says he's a big man, not a giant. But I suspect the movie will exaggerate his size and we'll have another Hagrid-sized fig.

I'm hoping Beorn will be a standard-sized human in the movie and a normal minifig with a bear. The book says he's a big man, not a giant. But I suspect the movie will exaggerate his size and we'll have another Hagrid-sized fig.

Parts of Beorn's house was seen on the latest production diary vlog, and even though the set is larger than life to be in scale with the dwarves, the gigantic scale seems to imply that Beorn will be somewhat larger than normal human beings.

Um yeah, he was in the books.

Alan Lee illustration from 'The Hobbit' book

From left to right: Beorn, Bilbo, Gandalf

beorn_book.jpg

Another pic found on google image (Hildebrandt)

http://www.google.ca/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://tolkienilu.chez-alice.fr/epopee/illustrations/hobbit/beorn_hildebrandt.jpg&sa=X&ei=QYUqUJmrDOmL6gHjhIGIDg&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFzh1_M-_b_grhJ7DMPFoFu9xbV5w

Eating around the table

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJs_i2CKL47qEBPTWwI8DqNWtZ8va6fDH5Bryusw_Q4rLQNniF

Edited by SheepEater

The Hobbit sets will not be announced until November they do not want to disclose the plot!

But soon after the Hobbit sets come out we will see the normal Lord of the rings wave.

Lego's January range which normally is out around January 8th in Australia came out on the 24th in most stores.

To save money Lego will slowly merge the waves so all Lego sets come out within a 4 month period February-May20

That is what happened in Australia.

The Hobbit sets will not be announced until November they do not want to disclose the plot!

But soon after the Hobbit sets come out we will see the normal Lord of the rings wave.

Lego's January range which normally is out around January 8th in Australia came out on the 24th in most stores.

To save money Lego will slowly merge the waves so all Lego sets come out within a 4 month period February-May20

That is what happened in Australia.

Dude, stop making stuff up. This is wild speculation and you treat it like fact - Lego functions on a standard, two-wave-per year cycle. There's no giant merge coming, and you have no idea what dates the next wave of LOTR Lego will hit the shelves. And once and for all: everyone knows the plot of the Hobbit, it's been out for eight decades!

We have all read the Hobbit but Peter Jackson will slightly change the plot.

As for the Female minifig I can see eowyn in some sort of set.

Lego will probably focus on Gondor for next LOTR wave.

Edited by Duke of wellington

Apparently, there is a mini film of LEGO LOtR on Cartoon Network tonight. Will film.

Edit - nvm

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

We have all read the Hobbit but Peter Jackson will slightly change the plot.

As for the Female minifig I can see eowyn in some sort of set.

Lego will probably focus on Gondor for next LOTR wave.

You would be best served posting your rumors/thoughts/conjecture in the "Future LotR and Hobbit sets" instead of here.

A while ago I bought my first LotR set, Gandalf Arrives. But as soon as I brought the new set home, it was assaulted by vicious armies of sickeningly yellow-faced people. They butchered poor Gandalf and Frodo, cut them into pieces and through some dark, unimaginable magick used their parts, mixed with heads and other body parts from god knows where, to create yet more companions to their ever growing army of yellow-faced villagers. Behold the travesty!

figuja.jpg

:tongue:

Edited by Haltiamieli