wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Google translates that as Bag End. Interesting choice for what I would assume to be the flagship set of the theme (if that price is correct)

Hopefully it does indicate a Bag End set! I will totally buy that! :drool:

Hopefully it does indicate a Bag End set! I will totally buy that! :drool:

I'd say we will get a Bag End set, but I wouldn't say that the set numbers or the prices are accurate in any way.

Don't think a Bag End set would be that big - and they surely wouldn't make the entire location, didn't have much of a role other than serving as a starting point

of Bilbo's adventure in the book... of course, this might just be changed by the movie, but I doubt it. I would still count on a Bag End set, regardless.

I also wonder in what way they would attempt to mold the Wargs... the new city bear seems to have pose-able legs (though not all of them),

hopefully LEGO Wargs will be able to move all four legs around. It would be nice to see some Moria orcs with helmets in The Hobbit sets as well,

if there's no other chance to get them from future LOTR sets.

The German description says that they´ve just collected rumours and it´s totally not confirmed in any way! So don´t get to excited! :sad:

I"m sure this is a question that nobody has an answer to, but when are those polybags going to hit, I wonder? Does anyone who's been paying close attention to TLG's release habits over the past few years have a guess for when they might introduce these?

I'm enjoying my army of 10 Uruk-Hai, but it woud be fun to add to the ranks with those...

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30211-1

I"m sure this is a question that nobody has an answer to, but when are those polybags going to hit, I wonder? Does anyone who's been paying close attention to TLG's release habits over the past few years have a guess for when they come out?

In the US, they'll probably be out in Target during Fall time, or at Walmart during the Holiday season.

I'm excited for the polybags as well; you can bet that the Uruk-hai set in particular will be gone just as soon as it hits. I'm planning on picking up at least 10 of them if possible.

In the US, they'll probably be out in Target during Fall time, or at Walmart during the Holiday season.

Cool, that's something to look forward to.

I'm excited for the polybags as well; you can bet that the Uruk-hai set in particular will be gone just as soon as it hits. I'm planning on picking up at least 10 of them if possible.

Same here. I predict lots and lots of Frodos warming the pegs. Hopefully LEGO will have the foresight to not pack them in a 1:1 ratio.

Some of the LOTR sets are avaiable in the UK as stated on Brickset :thumbup:

That Uruk poly bag will make the price of the Uruk fig go way down on Bricklink. It will make it easier for people to collect armored Uuks soldiers without having to buy the actual poly bags.

Just been down to my local Argos (UK) and picked up the one and only set they had (Shelob) and all i can say is its awesome!

Just been down to my local Argos (UK) and picked up the one and only set they had (Shelob) and all i can say is its awesome!

Just been down to my one and got Gandalf arrives and urukhai army. These sets are amazing and also the quality of the bricks are better than the ones from the helms deep set which i ordered from barnes&noble USA. Does anyone know why there is a difference in the bricks quality?

Edited by S_alvyn10

That Uruk poly bag will make the price of the Uruk fig go way down on Bricklink. It will make it easier for people to collect armored Uuks soldiers without having to buy the actual poly bags.

They're already under $4 which isn't too bad imo.

Just been down to my one and got Gandalf arrives and urukhai army. These sets are amazing and also the quality of the bricks are better than the ones from the helms deep set which i ordered from barnes&noble USA. Does anyone know why there is a difference in the bricks quality?

I'm hopefully going to pick Gandalf up tomorrow, a nearby Argos has him!

The second movie from the LOTR-game can now be seen on lego.com.

Do you mean a video featuring scenes from The Two Towers? Could you provide a link?

Do you mean a video featuring scenes from The Two Towers? Could you provide a link?

Nope, the Moria one. :wink:Taa Daa!

The Minifigures designer video was really nice. Especially the sight of seeing all those Uruk Hai and orcs made me really want to start collecting them. Still have to wait a bit though, but it's almost time... :sweet:

This sure looks like Elrond from the Battle of Dagorlad! :wub:

I don't see anything like that. Could you take a screencap?

While on the LEGO site, I noticed a new game they put on the site. On the game, there is a little gallery of some cool scenes, but there was one in particular that took me by surprise.

http://thelordoftherings.us.lego.com/en-us/Games/TheSiegeofHelmsDeep.aspx

This sure looks like Elrond from the Battle of Dagorlad! :wub:

Whoa looks sick! Here's hoping for an actual minifig!

7483646592_6bf1f413a0_z.jpg

That's a cool pic. That flash game is pretty broken for me though. I could only get the Aragorn one to work, the others would act like they were loading and then just freeze.

Whoa looks sick! Here's hoping for an actual minifig!

7483646592_6bf1f413a0_z.jpg

I don't see why they would go to the trouble of printing all the designs if they weren't going to use it... It looks awesome!!

That's a cool pic. That flash game is pretty broken for me though. I could only get the Aragorn one to work, the others would act like they were loading and then just freeze.

Same for me!

And the Aragorn one was pretty boring, I quit after 30 seconds...

If they do make this minifig then it's a great opportunity for a Sauron minifig in the same set! Fingers crossed :classic:

Edited by Combee